PDA

View Full Version : Jersey Pollution?

Jersey Bob
04-01-2004, 14:33
at least 10 characters

torch
04-01-2004, 20:53
I actually thought New Jersey was remarkably clean along the trail, especially given the foot traffic around High Point and the Water Gap areas. Much better than the reputation for the state would have led one to believe!

Jersey Bob
04-02-2004, 10:52
at least 10 characters

weary
04-02-2004, 11:06
I actually thought New Jersey was remarkably clean along the trail, especially given the foot traffic around High Point and the Water Gap areas. Much better than the reputation for the state would have led one to believe!

For years while reporting on environmental affairs in Maine I quoted people claiming that if we didn't pass this law, or do that thing, we would become "just like New Jersey."

When I walked through in 1993, I felt like I ought to apologize.

Weary

weary
04-02-2004, 11:13
Torch - I agree. For the last two times I hiked the DWG, only saw (and carried out) one juice bottle between Sunfish Pond and the parking lot. My level of expectation for NJ was way down "here" but the actual experience is way up "there". A nice suprise!

But to keep the debate honest, I should report on a New Jersey failure. My slide show essentially attempts to show viewers the trail as I saw it -- the mountain vistas, the millipedes, three pigs in a wooden pen, the wild flowers, the salamanders, squirrels, deer -- in short, the beautiful and the ugly. The best example of the latter was the trash around Sunfish Pond.

Weary

cabalot
04-05-2004, 21:10
i can compare NJ state forest campgrounds to PA. NJ sites are atleast double the size in most cases, cleaner in respect to left over ciggarett butsts and bottle caps although PA sites are clean otherwise, and the NJ facilities are more modern and cleaner and have laundry in some parks. PA parks pack you in like sardines.