PDA

View Full Version : Thrift shop score!

Streamweaver
04-01-2004, 17:56
"I stopped at Goodwill today and found something I actually needed for a change! Eddie Bauer replacement filters for the Hydrate filter bottles . Brand new in the box ,the primary filter and 2 pre-filters for 2 bucks! I dont have the Eddie Bauer bottle but I have a Lifespring 22 oz filter bottle and the Bauer cartridges fit it perfectly!

If anybody in the baltimore area is interested it was the Goodwill Store on Rolling Road across the street from Security Squre Mall .They have about 8-10 left.
I also saw a nice pair of mens insulated nylon snow pants ,with leg zips and all ,size large I think for 4 bucks I think. Too small fer me ,Streamweaver

bearbait2k4
04-01-2004, 19:47
Thrift stores are great. If you need new townclothes, a nice cheap fleece, or almost anything.

Doctari
04-01-2004, 22:00
I so love thrift stores!
Thrift store buys; My Moreno wool sweater vest cost $1.00. My 3 Oz shorts were about $2.00, Sleeping Tee was 4 for $5.00, & lots of other stuff
From Big lots; My cook pot was $5.00 and I got more stuff I can use for car camping for that $5.00. Much of my dried camping food is bought from Big Lots: Lipton noodles & sauce, Mashed potatoes, Gravy mix, Ramen, Zatarans, spices, etc.

Doctari.

lemons
04-02-2004, 01:10
Gotta Love Thrift Stores! I just got a nice warm fleece sweater (Bright purple, but for 75 cents I can deal :) ) and a fleece vest for another .75. Does the cheap life get better?

Jaybird
04-02-2004, 07:13
"I stopped at Goodwill today and found something I actually needed......etc.etc,etc,........ ,Streamweaver

I LOVE GOODWILL STORES!
(even more than WAL-MART!)

i'm NOT sure if it's because i'm bargain-huntin' or just CHEAP! :D

Shoe Leather Express
04-04-2004, 22:04
I was in Value City the other day and picked up three items: A silk shirt for $3, Reebok spandex for $6, and a large bandana for $1. All items were new and never used. :banana