PDA

View Full Version : help! marmot driclime w/ hood???

Wags
11-19-2008, 12:12
hi friends.
i'm doing some christmas shopping and my sis is in need of a jacket like the driclime (wind/water resistant, thin and not clammy lining) but she needs it to have a hood. she hates the clamminess of pure rain jackets so i'm inquiring about a jacket similar to the driclime, but with a hood

thanks

Red Hat
11-19-2008, 13:20
I haven't found the driclime to be very "water resistant". It's sister, the Precip, is waterproof and has a hood.

taildragger
11-19-2008, 13:27
I'd use a regular windshirt (ion or ether) with a light base layer. Don't know of a lined windshirt with a hood.

Wags
11-19-2008, 13:38
perhaps i should clarify. she won't be using it for backpacking. it'll be used when she goes on job sites (over business casual clothes). 5 minutes from the car to the office. so light water/wind resistance is good, but the clamminess found in typical shells is not good

so the shell/baselayer that we'd use is out. i'm basically looking for an Ion with a lining like the driclime, or a driclime with a hood like the ion... :D

mudhead
11-19-2008, 14:09
http://www.google.com/search?client=safari&rls=en&q=lined+hooded+wind+shell&ie=UTF-8&oe=UTF-8

LLBean has some snazzy (spendy) ones under women's outerwear, jackets.

Land's End has a hooded version of the Squall jacket. Dressy enough for car to site.

Can't vouch for colors, as I did not see any "special" colors last time I looked.

Wags
11-21-2008, 15:58
thanks guys. i just opted for a softshell w/ hood.

A-Train
11-21-2008, 18:58
i own that exact thing. Made by RedLedge. Check out their site, never figured out what the thing is called, but I got it for around 40 bucks and it's basically the exact same thing (but much cheaper) than the Driclime, with a hood. Around 12 ozs and water proof (but with the Driclime liner.