PDA

View Full Version : Super Ultralight Gear

ron bell
04-02-2004, 16:37
Hello. We wanted to let the AT community know about a new gear company, Mountain Laurel Designs. One of our recent customers is a frequent Whiteblaze.net user and suggested we post an introductory messsage. We hope no one feels commercially spammed by our post. We just wanted to let the lightweight folks know there are new products custom made for them avialable.

We specialize in high end ultra lightweight backpacking and climbing gear. We take ultra lightweight one step further than the mainstream gear makers.

A few products include:
• 5.5 to 8.5 oz Silnylon bottom and Epic top bivisacks
• 6 to 10 oz silnylon backpacks
• All sizes of silnylon tarps, 5.3X8.5 = 7.5 oz with 24 tieouts
• 1.7 oz Add-A-Beak silnylon removable beaks for all type tarps
• A 14 oz hybrid silnylon and Epic fabric tarp / tent
• 12oz Primaloft 50 degree bags with 1.1 oz fabric
• A 6 oz 800+ fill down half bag
• A 3.3 oz bag liner in 1.1 oz fabric

We sell exclusivly on eBay and we are located rigth on the AT in Roanoke, VA. See you at Trail Days!

Mention Whiteblaze with any order and we will include an extra silnylon stuff sack.

Thank You

Crash
04-02-2004, 23:01
Do you have a website other than Ebay?
Im sorry but I don't like buying anything off of there.

ron bell
04-04-2004, 09:59
Hi Crash.

We are new and find eBay a great way to test market. One plus is that the prices are lower than they will be in a few months when we move to a website.

I know I was a little hesitant to use eBay a few year agon also. Since then I've bought and sold many items and have never had a problem of any kind. I also don't know anyone personally that has ever had a problem.

Using PayPal on eBay is easy and extremely safe. You can pay from a bank account or credit card. It take about five minutes to sign up. Using paypal also gives the buyer protection againt bad good or bogus sellers. Note that many smaller websites also use PayPal offered through their hosting services.

If you really do not want to use eBay, you can email us direct and we can make transactions person to person. A lot of our business is done this way and our repeat customers mainly do it this way, expecially for custom orders.

Thanks for the question.

Ron

Rambler
04-21-2004, 10:32
I like your company name and products, but FYI, in the market for a bivy, I could not find any of your products on ebay after a search for: bivy, bivisack, bivy sac, silnylon, tarp, or epic, or your company. I was searching in "Camping goods>backpacking>tents and canopies".

Groucho
04-21-2004, 13:16
I like your company name and products, but FYI, in the market for a bivy, I could not find any of your products on ebay after a search for: bivy, bivisack, bivy sac, silnylon, tarp, or epic, or your company. I was searching in "Camping goods>backpacking>tents and canopies".

Type in "mountain laurel designs" in the search box.

Connie
06-29-2004, 15:43
I won't buy anything on eBay. I was burned.

How much down is in the half bag ? Is it open baffle design ?

If I had on a suitable parka, of equivalent fill, about what temperature rating is it ?