PDA

View Full Version : Hook Front Sports Bra

sylvia_claire
11-23-2008, 01:11
Hello,

does anyone here have any recomendations on a Sports Bra that has Hooks in the Front and comes in 38/40D. I always have a hard time with ones you pull over you head and the compression caused by combined cup size bras is often Painfull after a few Hours.

- sylvia

boarstone
11-23-2008, 07:33
Stay w/a real good bra, stay away from the so-called sport bra, for the reasons you mention...the compression is not ment to be for ALL day, which it will be while hiking.
JC Penny, Sears or a local/nearby woman's store will help w/selection if you tell them what/why you want a specific one. One made of nylon/spandex(no underwire!). Try on before you buy and plan to pay upwards of $20-$30 for a good one or two for hiking. You want it to dry quickly, not chafe, easy to get on/off (for you) Watch where straps lay, as your pack will lay pretty much the same place etc. :)

BarFight
11-27-2008, 21:46
Try Title Nine for really great sports and very supporting "regular" bras.

Bar Fight

Christopher Robin
01-21-2009, 19:31
I use a front hooked sprots bra. while hikeing most of last Summer and love the fredom it gave me.Best of all if you need to dress in your sleeping bag all the easyer

Gaiter
01-21-2009, 19:49
i'm a little bit bigger but i found that regular cotton bras are the best, i wear lane bryants cotton, full coverage or demi, underwire bra... and bras designed for sizes like mine and yours... one layer of cotton dries so much quicker than a painful sport/uni bras w/ its 2-3 layers....

it doesn't have a front hook though, but w/ some looking around you could probably find something similar w/ the front hook easily

WritinginCT
01-22-2009, 00:23
junonia.com has this one that I'm thinking of trying http://www.junonia.com/detail.htm?sid=327025&tl=4&ldid=88&sdid=92

I like the zipper idea and I like the smooth cups. And it seems to have nice coverage at the top of the cups so you don't get "Pop'n'fresh boobs" (For the record I'm a 42DD and good bras are NEVER optional lol)

lizzieGAME09
01-24-2009, 12:41
WritinginCT,

Thanks for the link to the zipper - I bet that would make getting dressed in camp much, much easier.

Do you find the zipper front bulky? I have a couple light-weight t-shirt baselayers that I imagine would have the bra zipper buldging out, which might also interfer with the sternum strap on my pack.

-Liz