PDA

View Full Version : NOT an endorsement!

Jack Tarlin
04-03-2004, 14:44
I recently returned from a short visit to Erwin, TN. I had a great time and met a great many hikers, who were all fine folks.

In the course of my visit, several hikers surprised me by telling me that my name appears on a flyer/advertisement for the Nolichucky Hostel, universallly known as "Uncle Johnny's." In the flyer, my name appears along with the names of several other well-known hikers, and the flyer mentions how often I've stayed at the Hostel.

I can't speculate on why my name appears, unless the owner of this establishment seems to think that the use of my name as a frequent customer might somehow encourage others to patronize his business.

I wish to make the following things VERY clear:

*While I did indeed stay at this place on several occasions in the past, I have not done so since 2001 and have no intention of doing so in the future

*I am not now, nor have I ever been in the employ of this place; nor have I received any considerations or compensations for the use of my name in order to promote this establishment. Were such compensation or consideration offerred, I would most certainly decline it.

*I have never permitted my name, likeness, name, or reputation to be used in order to promote a commercial business on or near the Trail, and were I ever to do so, it is extremely unlikely that I would promote this one.

*I do not wish my name to be associated in any way, shape, or form with this business and I do not appreciate the owners/management of this business using my name and reputation in order to promote their business

*Anyone who sees this flyer or anything similar to it can be assured that it was composed and posted without my knowledge or permission, and they can be assured that it is inaccurate and mis-leading as it says nothing about my avoidance of this place for the past few years and my reasons for having done so.

*I intend to notify the owner of this businesss in order to express my dismay over this matter and I hope these ads disappear, but in case they don't, I don't wish for there to be ANY questions on where I stand on this matter.

*My previous patronization of this business in years past does NOT constitute an endorsement or recommendation of this business at this time.

*Thank you.

Dudeboard
04-03-2004, 15:50
If this guy weren't so despicible he'd be amusing. What's next, a Better Housekeeping seal?

Peaks
04-10-2004, 20:13
Several years ago, there was the Ed Garvey seal of approval. Maybe now we should look for the Baltimore Jack seal of approval.

Lone Wolf
04-10-2004, 23:41
Oh christ! :rolleyes:

Streamweaver
04-10-2004, 23:44
"Cryin wont help ya,prayin wont do ya no good!"
LZ.

MedicineMan
04-10-2004, 23:54
isnt the current owner the same guy who got the board of health onto MissJ wrongly, in a vain attempt to shore up his own business?

Lone Wolf
04-10-2004, 23:58
He said SHORE! :)

attroll
04-11-2004, 00:04
Oh christ! :rolleyes:
Watch it L. Wolf or I will boot you off WhiteBlaze. Just kidding. I had to say that. LOL

Lone Wolf
04-11-2004, 00:07
OK Wingtroll. :)

Streamweaver
04-11-2004, 02:01
LOL Eh Bruddah!!!

MedicineMan
04-11-2004, 02:51
why do i think the current owner of Uncle Johnny's is in with Wingfoot? maybe its the same sh****ty taste in my mouth when I hear of either one...........

Jack Tarlin
04-11-2004, 09:22
Enough of this, gentlemen! I didn't start this thread to rehash the Erwin situation yet again....it's been done to death. It was just that a couple of hikers actually asked me recently if I was getting paid to endorse this place! I wanted to make it very clear that I've no association with the business whatsoever.

In any case, it's much too nice a day to spend on matters like this. Happy Easter to everyone; see some of you soon in Damascus.