PDA

View Full Version : Dress boots for women hikers

Mrs Baggins
11-25-2008, 08:49
Like many women hikers I have developed these big muscly calves and have a really hard time finding nice dress boots that will go over them. I like boot that goes to just below my knee which makes it that much more difficult. I have found the perfect boot! It's the Blondo Romy. I bought a pair when we lived in Montreal in 2006 after months of searching and paid $155 for them. I wanted another pair in black this year and found that Sierra Trading Post is having a close out on them for $89! :banana I found them on some other sites as well for as high as $199! It says that they're going fast, so if you're interested you need to jump on them! I love them not only for their fit but for the fact that they're waterproof and have a non-slip sole for walking in wintry conditions, yet they are dressy enough to not look like a "winter" boot.

Hooch
11-25-2008, 08:51
Do they come in anything other than kid's sizes? :banana

Mrs Baggins
11-25-2008, 08:52

Whack job. :rolleyes: I wear a woman's 6 medium.

Sidewinder
11-25-2008, 16:20
Whack job. :rolleyes: I wear a woman's 6 medium.

Mrs Baggins :welcome

so do they come in adult sizes?

Lone Wolf
11-25-2008, 16:47

http://photos1.blogger.com/blogger/6222/601/1600/6.0.jpg

Sidewinder
11-25-2008, 16:50
http://photos1.blogger.com/blogger/6222/601/1600/6.0.jpg

:clap:clap:clap

hikergirl1120
11-25-2008, 16:53
I find that women's plus size stores tend to carry dress boots that fit a bigger calf. I have the same problem and I have good luck at those stores.

SASSA-FRAS
11-25-2008, 18:26
I checked to see what all of Mrs Baggins excitement was about. These boots are only available in women's sizes 5.5, 6 and 6.5, all tiny sizes, less than average shoe size for a woman. So, Hooch IMO they are really kids sizes.

Speaking of calf muscles Mrs Baggins, just where has all this hiking taken place that has built up such calf muscles on you? As I recall you lived in SC too far from trails and you've only been living in VA for a few weeks, not nearly enough time to build up muscly calves. Are you a virtual hiker with virtual calf muscles? It's okay if you are, we're here to help.

sarbar
11-25-2008, 19:07
This past spring we were going through Idaho on the way to Utah when my eyes spied the many billboards announcing the STP store on the highway.

We ended up spending like 3 hours in there! It is a frugal tightwads dream come true.

What I did find was tons and tons of boots/shoes (outdoorsy, casual and dress) that were good brands, cute and affordable...and in my size: a 10. I rarely find a good selection for my feet!

In my closet is a pair of the cutest cowboy boots - you ever see a pair of shoes you just have to have, no matter if you don't need them? That was those. :D

Mrs Baggins
11-25-2008, 19:24
I checked to see what all of Mrs Baggins excitement was about. These boots are only available in women's sizes 5.5, 6 and 6.5, all tiny sizes, less than average shoe size for a woman. So, Hooch IMO they are really kids sizes.

Speaking of calf muscles Mrs Baggins, just where has all this hiking taken place that has built up such calf muscles on you? As I recall you lived in SC too far from trails and you've only been living in VA for a few weeks, not nearly enough time to build up muscly calves. Are you a virtual hiker with virtual calf muscles? It's okay if you are, we're here to help.

I've done about 300 miles of the AT,numerous trails in Maryland, hiked what trails we could find in SC, I hiked in Chile, Argentina, New Zealand, Guatemala, Scotland and I walk ALOT up and down hilly neighborhoods. I run up and down staircases and escalators. You don't know me so don't be so quick to assume you do.

Toolshed
11-25-2008, 19:36
like this???

http://www.criticalbench.com/exercises/pics/exercises-calves.gif

Cuffs
11-25-2008, 19:37
Knee length boots are most attractive on longer legs. Shorter legs can look very short with knee length boots, but they may work occasionally when paired with a very short skirt.

JERMM
11-25-2008, 21:02
And what do dress boots have to do with hiking anyway? just saying

Cuffs
11-25-2008, 21:15
There is some remote relevance... like this... http://www.whiteblaze.net/forum/showthread.php?t=33497

BumpJumper
11-25-2008, 21:28
Wolf......I asked you NOT to post my boots on this page!!!!:mad::mad::mad::mad:

SASSA-FRAS
11-25-2008, 21:43
I've done about 300 miles of the AT,numerous trails in Maryland, hiked what trails we could find in SC, I hiked in Chile, Argentina, New Zealand, Guatemala, Scotland and I walk ALOT up and down hilly neighborhoods. I run up and down staircases and escalators. You don't know me so don't be so quick to assume you do.

Dear Mrs Baggins, 300 miles on the AT and all the other places you mentioned over what time period? My dear you have to work at getting calf muscles, especially women, stop working and they go bye-bye. I seriously doubt you've hiked enough continuous miles to build "big muscly calves." Occasionally walking on tourist paths while on vacation doesn't quite qualify as being a hiker nor does escalators at the mall. But sitting at a keyboard and reading online certainly qualifies you as being a virtual hiker.

thanks for clearing that up, I thought those might belong to LW ;)

BumpJumper
11-26-2008, 00:20
No....he has asked me to let him wear them....but I felt a little "ODD" about letting him.:D:D:D:D

Toolshed
11-26-2008, 01:25

2 hours of endless searching before I realized !!!!:mad::mad::-?
You said Boots...Boots man!!!!!!:mad::-?

BarFight
11-27-2008, 21:37
The real question is weather anyone else here has busted out of their actual riding boots due to their calf muscles-before my first semester in college I spent quite a bit of time walking and hiking and added this to a campus that was literally built on a hill-staircases everywhere. Needless to say my old boots, which I had loved, cut off circulation completely. I don't think I would be able to wear them anymore. I bought another pair of field boots, much cheaper. I am now afraid to buy a decent pair of boots for fear they won't fit a year from now. moral of this story is not to have horseback riding and backpacking as your main activities.

Bar Fight

BumpJumper
11-28-2008, 09:06
LMAO at toolshed.....:D:D:D:D