PDA

View Full Version : Happy Thanksgiving from Erwin, Tn

Miss Janet
11-27-2008, 04:05
I just wanted to wish everyone the best on this feasting day. I hope you are surrounded by friends and loved ones and have groaning tables!!

I miss the chaos and sheer magic in the Thanksgiving Feasts at Miss Janet's House... I will be thinking of you all throughout the day.

MedicineMan
11-27-2008, 05:24
So all the best to you and yours!

StarLyte
11-27-2008, 06:31
Just think about the sweet reunion dinner you'll be having some day soon.

My favorite Thanksgiving was spent with you Janet.

RockDancer wrote to me and reminded me too.

See how you're thought of ?

God Bless you, and have a beautiful day, everyone :sun

StarLyte
11-27-2008, 06:47
I'd like to send a special Happy Thanksgiving greeting to Minnesota Smith & Matty.

jlb2012
11-27-2008, 07:15
Happy Thanksgiving Miss Janet, StarLyte, and MedicineMan

StarLyte
11-27-2008, 07:45
Same to you HOI. I hope you have a great day!

:sun

Two Speed
11-27-2008, 09:27
Backatcha, Miss Janet. The '04 SOBO dinner at your place was the most fun I'd had in years.

Sly
11-27-2008, 09:33
((((Miss Janet)))) Happy Thanksgiving. Miss you!

TOW
11-27-2008, 09:33
I am going to be in Shepardstown, WV today with old friends! I have not got to see them since 2001 so I am sure this is going to be a good thanxgiving..

And Happy Thanxgiving to all of you!

yappy
11-27-2008, 09:36
happy turkey day everyone... my 4 dogs and I are already eating pumpkin pie..

Lilred
11-27-2008, 09:46
I hope everyone has a wonderful Thanksgiving. Miss Janet, I'll catch up with you at the Ruck. Everyone eat pie.....

Roots
11-27-2008, 09:49
Happy Thanksgiving, Miss Janet. Hope to see you at Soruck this year. :sun

stumpknocker
11-27-2008, 10:35
This is my LEAST favorite day of the year....to be on the Trail.

I LOVE Thanksgiving...spent inside a house and with friends!!!! :)

I get to spend Thanksgiving with some "northern" friends this year.

Turkey is in the oven, I helped make pies last night and I get to help with all the fixens today.

Miss you Miss Janet and all my other friends....Happy Thanksgiving to everyone!!!

I hope NOBODY is eating Liptons today. :eek:

TOW
11-27-2008, 10:37
I hope NOBODY is eating Liptons today. :eek:Why, what's wrong with Lipton's? Yummy!

peanuts
11-27-2008, 11:38
happy thanksgiving miss janet!!!! see you at the ruck!!

Ron Haven
11-27-2008, 12:20
Happy Thanksgiving Miss Janet to you and all of your family.You are the bright light of Erwin.Hope to see you soon.Also Happy Thanksgiving to all.

Lion King
11-27-2008, 13:21
Gobble gobble...

happy T-Day!

Footslogger
11-27-2008, 13:37
I just wanted to wish everyone the best on this feasting day. I hope you are surrounded by friends and loved ones and have groaning tables!!

I miss the chaos and sheer magic in the Thanksgiving Feasts at Miss Janet's House... I will be thinking of you all throughout the day.

=================================

Back atcha ...from me and BadAss Turtle way out here in Laramie, Wyoming.

It's snowing, by the way !!

'Slogger

Gaiter
11-27-2008, 15:30
Happy Thanksgiving!

twoshoes06
11-27-2008, 15:33
YES! Happy Thanksgiving to everyone that has helped or contributed to the A.T. (and everyone else).

I am thankful that you contributed to my successful thru-hike in 2006.

Miss Janet, I appreciated you letting me sleep on your floor when your house was packed and for feeding us the Thanksgiving-like meal before heading out to the wilderness.

Thanks.

bigcranky
11-27-2008, 15:48
Happy Thanksgiving, Miss Janet and everyone on Whiteblaze. One of the many things I am thankful for is the time I was able to spend at Miss Janet's House.

Jack Tarlin
11-27-2008, 19:28
Happy Thanksgiving from Hanover to Miss J. and everyone else, too!

Jim Adams
11-27-2008, 20:05
Hope EVERYONE ate too much!!!!!!!!...you'll look like me.

geek

zoidfu
11-27-2008, 20:20
I don't see what the big deal is. It's just another day. You can eat a bird any day you want to.

That's my LW impression for the day.

BumpJumper
11-27-2008, 21:05
Hope EVERYONE ate too much!!!!!!!!...you'll look like me.

geek

Jim, I wouldnt mind seeing what you look like ......for comparison purposes of course:D

Zoid......that is DEFINATELY a LW statement.....you needed just a touch more negative and you would have it down!

Happy Turkey Day all you hikers.....:sun

Lugnut
11-27-2008, 21:11
I don't see what the big deal is. It's just another day. You can eat a bird any day you want to.

That's my LW impression for the day.

Dead on! :D

warraghiyagey
11-27-2008, 21:17
Hey hey Miss J. Good to hear from you. Hope you're in the middle of a great thanksgiving day.
Peace

eArThworm
11-27-2008, 22:16
Happy T-Day, Miss Janet!! AND everyone else!!
I am SO stuffed, I can hardly even type. I guess
we all know how fortunate we are to have more food
than we need, when many have little or none. I pray
the day comes when all are fed. In the meantime, I
give thanks for everything and everyone in my life.

minnesotasmith
11-27-2008, 22:54
YES! Happy Thanksgiving to everyone that has helped or contributed to the A.T. (and everyone else).

I am thankful that you contributed to my successful thru-hike in 2006.

Thanks.

Ditto.

Bare Bear
11-28-2008, 01:27
Hey Ms J.......I will be hiking thru again in 09 and expect you to be re-opened by then. If not I'll just have to go eat at the Pizza AYCE salad bar. BTW Jelly Bean sends her best from somewhere in Texas right now. We was talking about all the TA last night.

mweinstone
11-28-2008, 08:35
i love you so much i could tie you up, baste you , roast you, stuff you, untie you, check your temp, and savor your tenderness. we wont even go into moistness. this is a family site. and smootch your ,.....well......neck i guess.

Ron Haven
11-28-2008, 12:51
i love you so much i could tie you up, baste you , roast you, stuff you, untie you, check your temp, and savor your tenderness. we wont even go into moistness. this is a family site. and smootch your ,.....well......neck i guess.Mattie,happy holidays and if you see Bag O Tricks tell him I said hello to all you friends in the city of brotherly love :D

Rain Man
11-28-2008, 14:34
Wow... it's so nice to "see" Miss Janet on WhiteBlaze! And...

Happy Thanksgiving to Miss Janet and everyone, from South Carolina where we are visiting family and friends.

Rain:sunMan & Family

weary
11-28-2008, 20:27

And a belated happy thanksgiving to you, Miss Janet. We met briefly at the Pennsylvania Ruck several years ago. I attended at the urging of someone else.

But when I walked in with my beef stew and loaves of bread only one person seemed to be around. So I asked, are you, "xxxxx."

You said, "No, I'm Miss janet." It was a great ruck. I'll remember it always.

Anyway, I had Thanksgiving with 30 or so friends and relatives. at The Cabin in East Andover, Maine. Our hosts were Margery and Earl, who I suspect you have met. Perhaps, as Honey and Bear.

It was a great time, though we had some brief political misgivings, a brother-in-law, who had worked all his life in a Maine paper mill, who changed parties 22 years ago when his party didn't support a labor strike, had tears in his eyes as we discussed the election results. His daughter shared his political beliefs. His wife, her mother, (my sister), did not.

My brother -- and best friend at my wedding -- 46 years ago -- like my sister was in the minority. He was a cynic over the prospects of Barack doing anything useful, especially given all the Clinton retreads. So life goes on.

A nephew showed up for the first time ever, a recovering alcoholic, unlike his Mom and grandfather, who never reached that commitment. I was pleased he was there, with his girl friend. And pleased that he behaved better than us less genetically impacted kin.

All, in all, it was a great get together. Us six siblings, ages 72-81, all attended. We remain close, mostly I suspect because we summered together with our mother in the White Mountains from 1929 into the 1970s and 80s. A few few of us drifted away from time to time, but we seem to all return at important moments. Most of the others at the Thanksgiving dinner were sons, daughters, spouses, grandchildren, significant others, nephews, neices ... and just hiking friends.

Weary

Lugnut
11-29-2008, 00:34
What was all that about?

lance2
12-11-2008, 18:21
Happy Holidays girl... If your not open new year, your, out of the will...lol JSilverheels