PDA

View Full Version : Thank You

Dick Ludwick
11-27-2008, 09:59
To: AT Hikers who visited " The Outhouse" in 2008
From: Dick, Butch, Bill & Shadow, aka " The Outhouse Gang"

It is Thanksgiving morningand it seems appropriate that we extend out our sincere thanks and best wishes for a very Happy Holiday Season to all of you who increased our " extended families" exponentially in the past 9 months.

As a result of your decisions to stop and say hello, all four of us have enjoyed " one of the best years of our lives." For that we are grateful and thankful almost beyond imagination. Now, as we all face a future frought with uncertainty, it seems imperative that we echo, with absolute certainty, Paul Potts' victory cry... Vincer'o! Vincer'o!! VINCER'O!!!

In closing we offer the final stanza from Robert Frost's poem,
" Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening"
The woods are lovely, dark and deep,
But I have promises to keep,
And miles to go before I sleep.
And miles to go before I sleep.

Railroad King
11-27-2008, 19:48
Well if it ain't the good mayor. I still need to send you my Katahdin picture =) And perhaps some alcohol.

Dartman
11-27-2008, 22:46
Happy Holidays to you too "Outhouse Gang". My stay on 6-13 was great! I got "ambushed" outside the general store by Butch who told me to go to the mayor's house (thought he was kidding) where I was told to make myself at home and was treated like one of the family. All of us who stayed with you are privileged to have you as part of our "family". Thanks for everything. Dartman

Serial 07
11-27-2008, 23:19
ah man...MAYOR...thanks so much for all you do...i owe you a katahdin photo as well...i'm a senitmenal softy, and a verbose one at that, but i'll keep this one short...your house is great! your kindness is amazing! that video you showed this year was inspirational! please keep up the the outhouse for future hikers (and myself), that place is on my very short list of "must must must go to" places...i will be seeing you again soon...tell the cast of characters you got runnin' around there that i said "HI and THANKS"...

serial :):):)

Serial 07
11-28-2008, 17:16
sent you an email mayor...

rafe
11-28-2008, 17:27
Thank you for your hospitality, Richard. You made my day (back in September 2006.) I sent you some email afterwards but never heard back.

emerald
11-28-2008, 17:39
A pair of SOBO 2000 milers made my day again today. I thought of them yesterday as I reflected upon those things for which I was most greatful in 2008 and received a personalized photo today.:)

tiptoe
11-28-2008, 18:21
Howdy, Mr. Mayor and Butch. I stopped by in 2007 for a shower and laundry on my NY/NJ section hike, before you were a "full-service" operation. I heard about you again this summer while hiking the AT in Vermont. Did you really have 27 people stay at your house one night? You must have one heck of a well!

Best wishes,

tiptoe

addict
12-19-2008, 12:08
Thank you Dick, Butch, Bill, and Shadow. We will remember our experience at your house forever.

Does anyone have Dick's address. He gave me his card when we left but I can't find it.

stumpknocker
12-19-2008, 12:25
Does anyone have Dick's address. He gave me his card when we left but I can't find it.

I sent them a card, but can't find the address now....sorry addict.

Gotta say I really enjoyed seeing the Mayor again and getting to stay at his house this year....Thanks!!!:)

NLena
12-19-2008, 23:43
Hello Mayor and Butch - I stayed with you in the summer of '07 and it was one of the most motivating nights on the trail thanks to your inspiring words. Thank you for making us listen to "I will win" and welcoming us so openly into your house. You were right when you told us that everything north of Unionville is "where the **** hits the fan"! Best wished to you both this holiday season. - Persistent (www.trailjournals.com/nicolelena)