PDA

View Full Version : Please help me ID these 2 Gregory packs

optimator
11-28-2008, 16:07
I think the panel loader is a Day & a half pack? Any help? I uploaded the pics to my gallery, I hope I did this right! Your help is appreciated!
http://www.whiteblaze.net/forum/vbg/browseimages.php?do=member&imageuser=12054

optimator
11-30-2008, 18:04
Nobody??:confused:

bigcranky
11-30-2008, 20:51
The big one is old, early 90s or older. At first I thought it was a Massif, but it looks too small. It has the Gription Mesh on the hip belt, but it has the old ladder-style torso adjustment. Possibly older -- I got my Shasta in 1994 or so, and it has the new frame with the two-position shoulder harness attachment at the top.

The small one looks too big to be a Day and a Half Pack, which IIRC didn't really have a frame of any sort (and yours does.) Yours looks like a pretty massive panel loader, again from maybe the very early 90s, or earlier.

Sorry, can't be of any more help. We've owned a lot of Gregory packs over the years, but none that old. You might try emailing Gregory and asking them.

Critterman
11-30-2008, 21:20
The one I have looks similar to the panel loading pack you have pictured but is smaller. Mine does not have the horizontal zipper at the bottom which probably is a sleeping bag compartment. Mine has only one webbing strip between the zipper and the top of the pack. Mine does not have the padded hipbelt and shoulder straps either. Big Cranky is right in that there is no frame or suspension system.

stranger
12-01-2008, 21:57
The panel loader is most likely a Zion and the other model looks like an older Nova - both packs are from the late 80's or very early 90's.