PDA

View Full Version : What else could I step in today?

BumpJumper
11-29-2008, 23:23
Trailtalker and I took a little hike today and wouldnt ya know it....Not even a mile into it I stepped in dog poop! :mad: ON THE TRAIL..Well, I shimmied and shaked, stomped and scuffed the bottom of my shoe until the tread wore off. (picture someone stepping in fireants and that would be what I looked like)
A few miles later....guess what?? :mad: You guessed it....DOG SHIOT AGAIN....same foot fortunately. Unfortunately I threw a hip out trying to get the crap off the bottom of my now TREADLESS shoe...!!
I dont know about yall, but I hate the smell of shiot...I makes me gag and throw up.
Well, I commenced to scraping it off with a stick and the funk came rolling up my nose. I gagged and grunted and stumbled off the trail til my face turned beet red.
Now my little hikin buddy over there was crying cause she was laughing so much while I just wanted to throw my shoe down the trail. (Thought better of it seeing how the next poop I stepped in would be in my bare foot)....:mad:
Well, we decided to sit and eat an orange. All was fine in paradise until the wind changed and shifted the shiot smell back at me....Now it is smellin like someone shiot an orange tree....I gagged and spewed and finally gave it up.
How many times does one person have to endure such "terror on the trail" ???:mad::mad::eek::eek:

saimyoji
11-30-2008, 00:51
if you freak out this bad just steppin in some doggy doo, you may be in for some tougher times if'n you spend any real time on the trail. dog poop ain't that bad; but what if it were a rattle snake you stepped on? probably should pay more attention to where you put your feet.

just sayin'.

4eyedbuzzard
11-30-2008, 01:21
Sometimes when ya step in shiot it doesn't always turn to gold--sometimes it just comes from gold(en retrievers) or poo(dles)

If there's anything lug soles grip better than rock it's bubblegum and shiot.

Bare Bear
11-30-2008, 01:28
Keeping things in perspective helps. If you were in the military and did not get killed or injured you had a good day. So stepping in some dog poop is way down the list in my book. At least you were out hiking. I wish I had been able to.

oops56
11-30-2008, 01:30
You have not live till you get into a cow patty that goes up the side of the shoe:eek:

BumpJumper
11-30-2008, 08:18
I guess I should have added some smilie faces instead of mad faces. Yall are too friggin serious. Lighten up!!!!!!!

Just sayin

mudhead
11-30-2008, 08:20
Stepping in dogdoo=madfaces.

Other things=verymad faces.

BumpJumper
11-30-2008, 08:24
:D:D:D:D:D:D correct.

STEVEM
11-30-2008, 08:36
if you freak out this bad just steppin in some doggy doo, you may be in for some tougher times if'n you spend any real time on the trail. dog poop ain't that bad; but what if it were a rattle snake you stepped on? probably should pay more attention to where you put your feet.

just sayin'.

RATTLESNAKE!!!!! Guess you could end up scraping poop off more than the bottom of your shoe.

Tipi Walter
11-30-2008, 08:52

just sayin'.

My sentiments exactly. I was thinking about all the times I've kept my eyeballs keened to the small square footage in my direct frontage--looking for rattlers or copperheads. How many turd piles have I seen on trails? I never actually tried to put a number to it, hundreds? Thousands?

One time I was camping near Wildcat Falls on Slickrock Creek and left camp for turd patrol and an emergency turtlehead C-section(ha ha ha), had to take a dump, in other words(is it 'take' a dump or 'give' a dump??--relative newb to the subject). Anyway, I went up a hillside IN BARE FEET(not recommended)and stepped into a big pile of HUMAN FECAL EFFLUENT laying just under a couple of dead leaves. There's nothing quite like having another person's turds squish between your own open toes. Good morning.

Turd patrol went into Ambush Mode and I hobbled to the creek to pull 'Out Dang Spot!' on myself like Lady MacBung in Shakespeare. The hilarious and wacky antics of Uncle Fungus and his roving black-haired dog, Pus.

nitewalker
11-30-2008, 09:44
i hate when that happens. one time is enough nevermind twice. i suppose if you were with your hiking buddy the 2 of u must have been talking up a storm in order to step in it a second time. women do yap, lol....by the way was it a ****zu that left you a gift...................peace

BumpJumper
11-30-2008, 10:07
LMAO...no....it wasnt but that was quick thinking.

I dont know, it is just something about stepping in that "type" of shiot...I mean, cow, horse, bear all that is not the same consistancy and brushes off easily most times. This crap just hung around like wallpaper man....

yappy
11-30-2008, 11:21
i have cleaned up sled dog yards with 50-60 dogs. I am USED to crawling around in it. I pet and ruff house with dogs that live in it cuz they LIVE on 4 ft chains and have no choice. The guy i was helping had'nt done poop in months and it was buried in layers under the snow and ice about 2 feet. Oh yeah, not to mention the pee iced up like huge bees nests on the side of the box cuz that is the only place to pee. I adopted 2 of those pups, 3 froze to death in thier boxes and I found homes for 3 others...the others, well...

so, to me... that dog on that trail can poop for all I care. He is , at least, out there..

rafe
11-30-2008, 11:24
Only thing worse is human output. I did some cleanup at the Rte. 301 trailhead by Canopus lake on Saturday. My good deed stuck with me, in a most unpleasant way. And just a few minutes ago, my wife pulled a tick off my back -- but it could have been from yesterday's walk, at another locale.

middle to middle
11-30-2008, 11:52
Bear droppings would be worse. I was getting water out of a nice small spring one day when a day tripper with a dog came up and the dog started jumping in and mudding up the water hole. I tried to shoo the dog away and the owner got peeved. Just inconsiderate ignorant low class people I think.

BumpJumper
11-30-2008, 15:30
Well I dont know about LOW CLASS cause if I was a dog, I would want to jump in too. And if my dog wanted to cool off...I would certainly let him if no one was using it for a water source at the time.:cool:

WILLIAM HAYES
11-30-2008, 17:27
I have stepped in bear **** before but nothin smells as bad as dog crap It stays on your shoes like forever

Bare Bear
11-30-2008, 18:05
I had a neighbor that raised Class Grade coon hounds. He built a yard with a concrete pooh ramp leading into a septic field. All he had to do was wash it down once a week. Usually the FL rains did it for him. Beat shoveling.

saimyoji
11-30-2008, 18:17
Something to be concerned about. (http://www.****senders.com/images/site/elephant-splash.jpg)

mudhead
11-30-2008, 18:25
Won't open for me. Must be nasty parasitic yucky things, anyway.

yappy
11-30-2008, 18:31
that is a good idea bare bear, but most folks with dogs up here don't have running water and they sure ain't hauling it to clean poop !..lol..sometimes they don't haul it to water thier dogs.

saimyoji
11-30-2008, 18:32
the filter edited the URL. I didn't expect that. change the *s in the url to s_h_i_t.

mudhead
11-30-2008, 18:40
I am not sure what size turtle head that might be, but my word. Tortise.

Eons ago I was at the San Diego Zoo. An elephant "unfurled" and started to urinate. Gallons. "It" was impressive. Should have seen the woman standing next to me try to get the camera off her shoulder. She pitched her ice cream cone and got all tangled up.

Once she did get that camera going, nothing but shutter.

Wise Old Owl
11-30-2008, 19:35
BumpJumper
I have seen Bearpoop plop as wide as a jeep track! I feel your pain, just keep looking up!

Bare Bear
12-03-2008, 23:54
A SORUCK ambush?

sheepdog
12-04-2008, 10:27
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eY7ZX6ngOSs
Cheech and Chong say it all.

Mags
12-04-2008, 15:47
How many times does one person have to endure such "terror on the trail" ???:mad::mad::eek::eek:

Don't ever hike out west is all I have to say...(horses)

Yeah..I hate doo doo on the trail, but "Terror on the trail" may be a bit er, over stating the issue? :)

Hoop Time
12-05-2008, 10:42
True it seems to be a little overreacting to get this upset about stepping in some doodie. But at the same time, shouldn't manners on the trail dictate treating your dog's waste the same as you would in any public place? Not suggesting you necc. need to pack it out to dispose of it, but at least toss it into the brush well off the trail. A little courtesy shouldn't be too much to ask.

saimyoji
12-05-2008, 12:07
True it seems to be a little overreacting to get this upset about stepping in some doodie. But at the same time, shouldn't manners on the trail dictate treating your dog's waste the same as you would in any public place? Not suggesting you necc. need to pack it out to dispose of it, but at least toss it into the brush well off the trail. A little courtesy shouldn't be too much to ask.

and here we go...cue the anti-dog hikers. :D

sheepdog
12-05-2008, 12:10
and here we go...cue the anti-dog hikers. :D

Not gunna happen, it's a kinder an gentler WB.:)

saimyoji
12-05-2008, 12:13
Peace be with you, brother. :sun

sheepdog
12-05-2008, 12:15
an also wiff U :)