PDA

View Full Version : 2009 Southern Workshops

Tennessee Viking
12-01-2008, 01:57
Does anyone know the schedule for the 2009 Southern ATC Workshops?

Sly
12-01-2008, 02:55
Never heard of them. Ideally I'd like to get someone at the Southern Ruck in January to do a workshop/presentation on maintenance. Can you hook me up with the TEHCC or ATC? I wonder if Bob Peoples would be interested? :-?

jlb2012
12-01-2008, 04:20
Sly - this (http://www.appalachiantrail.org/site/c.jkLXJ8MQKtH/b.851385/) is what buliwyf is talking about only the ATC has not updated the website for 2009 yet

Cabin Fever
12-01-2008, 14:32
Never heard of them. Ideally I'd like to get someone at the Southern Ruck in January to do a workshop/presentation on maintenance. Can you hook me up with the TEHCC or ATC? I wonder if Bob Peoples would be interested? :-?

An interesting concept for the SoRuck would be to do some trail maintenance. I doubt Bob Peoples would do a workshop. Morgan Sommerville from ATC in Asheville would be good for that since he is a Forester by trade.

Digger'02
12-01-2008, 14:48
Hey Yall, I work on the southern workshops for the ATC and can tell you that we are in the scheduling process for 2009 right now. A basic Trail Maintenance Workshop and a rigging workshop have been requested for the TEHCC and we will be working to schedule those in the spring.

The website should be updated in January for the year. Feel free to give me a call at the office 828-254-3708 and my name is Andrew.

Sly
12-01-2008, 15:26
An interesting concept for the SoRuck would be to do some trail maintenance. I doubt Bob Peoples would do a workshop. Morgan Sommerville from ATC in Asheville would be good for that since he is a Forester by trade.

Yeah, that is a good concept. Perhaps we can do something on the Monday holiday.

One problem is the Nantahala River is the split between trail maintenance clubs with the Nantahala and Smokies club.

I've tried Morgan before, but he never answered. Leanne did a workshop last year and I emailed her again for this year but never heard back.

If any of you guys are interested let me know.

Digger'02
12-01-2008, 16:05
I might be able to help. There is a bunch of work that needs to be done south of Wesser.

Sly
12-01-2008, 16:21
I might be able to help. There is a bunch of work that needs to be done south of Wesser.

That would be great.

I don't know how many would be interested in helping but probably a few. Although many go home late Sunday afternoon, we typically have 100-125 people attend.

I think some kind of workshop on Sunday afternoon and a project on Monday would work best.

The sooner we can "officially" announce it, the better off.

Cabin Fever
12-01-2008, 16:53
That would be great.

I don't know how many would be interested in helping but probably a few. Although many go home late Sunday afternoon, we typically have 100-125 people attend.

I think some kind of workshop on Sunday afternoon and a project on Monday would work best.

The sooner we can "officially" announce it, the better off.

It could be a mini-Hard Core. Trail Maintenance is always welcome by the clubs. No matter how small.

Sly
12-01-2008, 17:14
It could be a mini-Hard Core. Trail Maintenance is always welcome by the clubs. No matter how small.

Yup, all part of giving something back to the trail. I hope Digger gets back to me. It could be a yearly event.

Digger'02
12-01-2008, 17:25
Back? I never left.......:)

Digger'02
12-01-2008, 17:30
I am talking to NHC and SMHC people now and will report back here.

Sly
12-01-2008, 17:46
I am talking to NHC and SMHC people now and will report back here.

That's cool. I subscribed to the thread an will be notified by email.