PDA

View Full Version : Easter in Erwin, Tennessee

Miss Janet
04-06-2004, 09:52
The snow is starting to leave the highest ridges... only a foot or so left on Big Bald and Roan Mountain... but down here in the valley the grass is getting really green... the flowers are blooming... the leaves are budding out... the dogwoods will be out in a few days... hikers are finally hiking again instead of sitting in front of my TV... I think maybe spring is finally here!

Easter is this coming Sunday and I hope some of you can join us for dinner. We will be eating about 1:00 ish.

MedicineMan
04-11-2004, 04:32
Last week after Spivey to Nolichucky to say hello and shake a hand but you were not there...took a pic of your front yard (the AT flower garden) and posted it---hope you dont mind :)
Will stop by next time we are off, have to slack Nolichucky to Beauty Spot in an effort to get La AquaNa caught up with me in Va....

Jaybird
04-11-2004, 09:33
The snow is starting to leave the highest ridges... only a foot or so left on Big Bald and Roan Mountain... but down here in the valley the grass is getting really green... the flowers are blooming... the leaves are budding out... the dogwoods will be out in a few days... hikers are finally hiking again instead of sitting in front of my TV... I think maybe spring is finally here!Easter is this coming Sunday and I hope some of you can join us for dinner. We will be eating about 1:00 ish.

Miss Janet

wont get to make it for your EASTER dinner....but, will see you this fall...on a section hike to Damscus! :D

Brushy Sage
04-11-2004, 17:00
The snow is starting to leave the highest ridges... only a foot or so left on Big Bald and Roan Mountain... I hope some of you can join us for dinner. We will be eating about 1:00 ish.

On Friday, Apr 9th, there were just a few traces of snow in the woods at Big Butt Mtn.

steve hiker
04-11-2004, 17:11
wont get to make it for your EASTER dinner....but, will see you this fall...on a section hike to Damscus! :D
Fall section hike to Damascus ... that sounds deeeeeelicous.

But I also want to do the Long Trail this fall. So many trails, so little time. Wonder if I could clone or splice myself into multiple dimensions or parallel universes, and do them all.

magic_game03
04-11-2004, 17:43
sounds like the south got hit pretty hard. us nobos in the north only got a tickle. :) happy hiking all!