PDA

View Full Version : Trail Days

ron bell
04-06-2004, 13:29
I checked with the town of Damascus and vendors have to set up in the park and the fee is $200. They do still have spaces available.

My question to folks who have been there before is could a person set up in the campsite and sell a few things and would that be seen as OK by the trail community. I'm not trying to short the town on the fee, but I seriously doubt I could ever make back the $200 and would like to be closer to the hikers in the camp ground.

Are the rep and gear folks who set up in the campground not selling anything and only there to give out info, etc?

Any help appreciated.

Footslogger
04-06-2004, 14:05
In my experience over the past several years, the vendors who set up out at the campground are mainly there to help hikers with repair/replacement of gear and do not sell anything.

tlbj6142
04-06-2004, 14:50
My question to folks who have been there before is could a person set up in the campsite and sell a few things and would that be seen as OK by the trail community. I'm not trying to short the town on the fee, but I seriously doubt I could ever make back the $200 and would like to be closer to the hikers in the camp ground.In the past you could have sold stuff out of the back of your car and probably got away with it. But this year I don't think they are allowing cars in camp ground "proper" (amen!). Maybe you could bring a large car camping tent with a large vestibule and a small table for your stuff. Not sure how often the campground is policed for such violations.

You are correct, though, $200 is a bit steep for someone who just has ten $5 items to sell. Maybe you could share booth space with another larger vendor? Espeically if your stuff complimented their stuff? Moonbow? Six Moon Designs? Equinox?

Frog
04-12-2004, 08:32
I belive the whole town has an annual yard sale the weekend proir to trail days if you are looking to do something like that.

Jaybird
04-12-2004, 09:22
R.B.

...looking foward to walkin' around Damascus...meeting the thru-hikers, section hikers, & day-hikers i've met here on WhiteBlaze & those that i've read about on TrailJournals.com! Buying a few items...whether its from an "official" booth, a campsite seller, or "out of the trunk" sale.....hehehehehehe

hope to see ya'll there! :D