PDA

View Full Version : Deer Season

Monkeywrench
12-03-2008, 08:47
My wife is off to Memphis this Saturday for work, so I was thinking I would pack up and head out for a quick overnighter on Saturday. My plan was to head out to Douglas State Forest here in Massachusetts and hike an out and back on a section of the Mid State trail. Then I realized we are into shotgun deer season here in MA, and figured the state forest is likely to be full of hunters. At the very least me tromping through would probably disgruntle any hunters that have been sitting for hours waiting for their dream deer to come mincing through the woods, so I think I might give this weekend a pass. Sigh...

I guess I'll have to invite a bunch of wild women over and have a party instead.

Lone Wolf
12-03-2008, 09:02
just wear orange and go walkin'

bloodmountainman
12-03-2008, 09:20
Invite the wild women over...... beats walk'n IMO.

Plodderman
12-03-2008, 10:06
I stay out of the woods during deer season, hiking that is but I do hunt.

Tried to hike a few times but kept running into hunters and it was frustrating for them and me and besides I do not want to get shot.

smaaax
12-03-2008, 11:55
My dad was just convicted of hunter harassment for riding his golf cart through the woods on our property. He was disabled and couldn't walk.

Stay out of the woods if you are in Michigan, even if you own it...

twoshoes06
12-03-2008, 12:02
Invite all the wild women over, post a flyer that you are having a hunter party (with wild women and free venison, of course), then go hiking...

leeki pole
12-03-2008, 12:09
Some hunters would appreciate you being the driver, flushing them past their stand. We call it still hunting. Just wear orange. And lots of it.

Monkeywrench
12-03-2008, 14:05
Invite the wild women over...... beats walk'n IMO.

Till my wife finds out! :eek:

ki0eh
12-03-2008, 16:35
My dad was just convicted of hunter harassment for riding his golf cart through the woods on our property. He was disabled and couldn't walk.

Stay out of the woods if you are in Michigan, even if you own it...

Wow, there must be a real story here or he had a bad lawyer (or both).

I came real close to needing a lawyer to defend myself from a crazy charge for something I absolutely didn't do while volunteering on PA Game Lands.