PDA

View Full Version : Charlottesville-Shuttle Needed

MikeK
04-06-2004, 22:18
I'm flying into Charlottesville on Wed 12 May and need a shuttle to Blackrock Gap and then from Rockfish Gap back to Charlottesville on Sat the 15th. If you know of someone, please respond.

Thanks
MikeK

Jack Tarlin
04-07-2004, 14:31
Mike--

The closest major trail town to Charlottesville is Waynesboro; if you go to www.atconf.org I'm sure you'll find a good list of folks in the area who can help you out (they have a very extensive list of shuttlers; it's done state-by-state). If there are several, you can call them all to get an idea about rates.

stormin norman
04-07-2004, 18:47
I am pretty sure you can get a bus from Waynesboro to Charlottesville. Check out the Greyhound bas website if that is any help.

jbwood5
05-23-2004, 12:52
Yes, Greyhound has one remaining schedule from Waynesboro to Charlottsville. They just recently discontinued the 2nd run. The bus picks up behind (or near) Weases restaurant. I agree that it would be worth checking at the visitors center at Rockfish Gap. Waynesboro has many volunteers who schuttle hikers. For that long a trip, I would insist on offering gas money to whoever takes you.

prozac
06-06-2004, 10:16
Just took the bus from Charlottesville to Waynesboro last week so i'm sure you can do the reverse trip. If you have a little extra time check out the Charlottesville outdoor mall. Nice old historic district with great outdoor cafes.