PDA

View Full Version : Amicalola Lodge

ATX-Hiker
12-05-2008, 14:31
I was thinking about getting a room at the lodge the day/night before I start hiking, so I could wake up fresh and hit the trail with out having to travel the day of. Anybody stayed there or started their hike from there? Also does anybody know if they have fuel there canister or white gas?

traildust
12-05-2008, 14:34
excellent idea. dovetail and i stayed there in march of 06. ask for the hiker rate and enjoy the food. no fuel there to my knowledge. might be some down at the ranger station at the foot of the falls. plenty of walmarts on the main roads heading into the falls.

BitBucket
12-05-2008, 14:56
Great place to start...Friday night seafood buffet is pretty good for the price...breakfast buffets are also good...

ChinMusic
12-05-2008, 15:46
Great place to stay, excellent buffets for dinner and breakfast.

Consider a stay at the Len Foote Hike Inn instead though. That would be MY personal choice.

The Hike Inn is a 5-mile hike from the Lodge. They feed you well, have showers, and it is just a cool place to be. The next day you would have like a 4-mile hike to Springer and could easily hike on to say Hawk Mt Shelter.

Lone Wolf
12-05-2008, 16:01
I was thinking about getting a room at the lodge the day/night before I start hiking, so I could wake up fresh and hit the trail with out having to travel the day of. Anybody stayed there or started their hike from there? Also does anybody know if they have fuel there canister or white gas?

yup. i've stayed there a few times before my hikes. you'll like it

KG4FAM
12-05-2008, 16:36
ask for the hiker rate and enjoy the food.How much is the hiker rate?

traildust
12-05-2008, 18:48
Len Foote Hike Inn - Rates are $70 per adult for double occupancy and $97 per adult for single occupancy. Discounted rates apply for children 12 and under in your party. A hearty family-style dinner and breakfast are included. Trail lunches are available to overnight guests only for a small fee. Rates do not include 12% state sales and county lodging taxes.

Best you call The Lodge and ask about their hiker rate.

ChinMusic
12-05-2008, 19:01
Len Foote Hike Inn - ..... Trail lunches are available to overnight guests only for a small fee.
DO NOT get the trail lunch. It's not worth it and you have to wait until after 9am to get it.

Nest
12-05-2008, 22:58
Just to throw another option out there. I shared a campsite with a few other hikers starting the next day at the park's campground. Not because of the mindset that you are out there to camp, so camp. It was more to save money, and hangout with friends around a campfire. Had a big sendoff party for three of us, and we had a great time car camping with friends.