PDA

View Full Version : Batona Trail 12/20-21/08

kayak karl
12-06-2008, 19:33
A hike i'm going on:
http://forums.njpinebarrens.com/showthread.php?p=57364#poststop
[ Batona Trail 12/20-21/08 So for anyone that's interested, I am going to be back home in NJ over christmas break and thought I would try to hike the Batona trail in two days. Approx 25 mi each day, Saturday and Sunday - this would involve a little bit of night hiking and shuttling a car. I will likely camp out Friday night and get up real early Saturday. Should anyone want to join me on this crazy attempt, let me know.]

This was posted on njpinebarrens.com i'm going to give it a shot. any other pineys up for a hike.:)

Lellers
12-06-2008, 20:10
I've always wanted to do the Batona, but not 25 miles at a time! It does sound like fun, tho. I tend to travel in that neighborhood by paddling down the Batsto. I love the Pine Barrens. Enjoy!

Dogwood
12-07-2008, 01:53
Yeah, my therapist says I'm a bit crazy. I may be up for it. When do U have to know by? I'll be in Toms River(about 20-25 miles from Lebanon St Forest) next wk. until the day after Christmas. Would U be flexible in hiking dates? Even if we don't hike together I may see U on the trail as I plan on hiking it sometime between the end of next wk. and Christmas. Have a great hike if I don't see U.

kayak karl
12-07-2008, 07:27
Yeah, my therapist says I'm a bit crazy. I may be up for it. When do U have to know by? I'll be in Toms River(about 20-25 miles from Lebanon St Forest) next wk. until the day after Christmas. Would U be flexible in hiking dates? Even if we don't hike together I may see U on the trail as I plan on hiking it sometime between the end of next wk. and Christmas. Have a great hike if I don't see U.we'll have a site at Bass River State Forrest the nite of 12/19. will hike out at about 6am sat. just show up anytime fri or early sat. this is Chris M's hike. i dont think the dates will change.