PDA

View Full Version : The Movie

snowhoe
12-08-2008, 11:17
My uncle lives in Asheville N.C. and he told me that he has a friend who is setting stuff up for the movie A walk in the woods. He said that they are going to be filming alot of the 1st part of the movie there. Has anyone elese heard about this?

Gearhead
12-08-2008, 11:29
http://www.ew.com/ew/article/0,,20174535,00.html

Plodderman
12-08-2008, 12:04
Yes I heard maybe. that Redford was making the movie

m_gude
12-08-2008, 15:02
I watch robert redford's other outdoorsy movie probably once a month...

http://www.escape-to-the-seventies.com/films/movie%20images/jeremiah%20johnson.jpg

You cook good rabbit, pilgrim.

Never can get enough of it. This should be a good movie as well, but it probably won't be out for another couple years at least.

BumpJumper
12-08-2008, 19:16
How awesome. Trailtalker was just telling me about this a month ago but she couldnt remember which actor it was.

RITBlake
12-08-2008, 19:39
Herreeee we go again. How many times have we heard this???

Bulldawg
12-08-2008, 19:55
Right Blake, it has been here many times. I can say though that I think the movie will be made. I worked a week or so late this summer with National Geographic on the AT in Georgia. We were filming for a documentary on the trail due for release in the spring sometime. They were aware of the movie and said it was going to be made, probably for a late 2009 or early 2010 release. Winton at MTX also is pretty sure the movie is in the works. Anyway, I could care either way. My movie will be out early 2009. It's a documentary, not a fake Hollywood movie about people who wrote a fictional book about the trail.

Sly
12-08-2008, 20:33
I think I prefer fictional AT movies. Of all the AT videos, Southbounders' is still my favorite.

Walking with Freedom is great, but there's no sex! ;)

Panzer1
12-08-2008, 20:46
While you may find hiking very interesting the problem is that's its boring to watch a movie about someone else hiking. Remember that when your on the trail there's not a lot of things going on except a lot of walking.

Panzer

aaroniguana
12-08-2008, 20:55

Maybe not for you, but I always get some after my wife sees LK...

Sly
12-08-2008, 21:08
Maybe not for you, but I always get some after my wife sees LK...

Yikes, better hope they don't meet in person. ;)

aaroniguana
12-08-2008, 21:27
Yeah she thinks Mike is a sexy beast. Good thing she can't stand hiking or sailing. Or hikers and sailors...

Feral Bill
12-08-2008, 22:57
Yes I heard maybe. that Redford was making the movie

Redford ain't Bryson. Maybe Jim Belushi.

For Katz, gotta go with Jack Black.

Other ideas?

Dances with Mice
12-08-2008, 23:26
It's just a direct rip of The Odd Couple. Imagine Tony Randall & Jack Klugman outdoors and you've got AWITW.

Feral Bill
12-08-2008, 23:35
It might help to cast living actors.

Red Hat
12-09-2008, 10:49
There was a lot of talk about it last year (Jan - Mar), but this is the first I've heard since then. No casting calls or anything.... Seems like there would be something.

snowhoe
12-09-2008, 11:16
Dont Worrrrrrry Itsssss Commmminggggg!!!!!!!!!

BumpJumper
12-09-2008, 15:28
Herreeee we go again. How many times have we heard this???

Like there are no NEW people on this forum that may find this interesting??:confused:

Panzer1
12-09-2008, 15:44
....For Katz, gotta go with Jack Black.

Or that Cosmo Kramer guy from Seinfeld

Panzer

RITBlake
12-09-2008, 15:54
Like there are no NEW people on this forum that may find this interesting??:confused:

They might find it an interesting that the exact same rumor that's been floating around about RR making a movie based on the book for the last few years is back again?

Until someone has some cold hard information that the movie is being filmed, pictures of the set, casting call information, scripts, etc... it's just a rumor.

The thread will follow a predictable trend of people discussing what actor should play what character, then some discussion about how Bryson was a candy ass who didn't finish the trail and the movie shouldn't be made, and then some debate on how it's actually a good book even though he didn't finish, and finally someone will point out that the art director for his book selected a grizzly bear on the cover, which as we know, don't live in the Appalachian range.

RITBlake
12-09-2008, 15:55

Other ideas?

haha, I didn't even read the this post until now, but my prediction is already starting to hold up.

RITBlake
12-09-2008, 15:58
Right Blake, it has been here many times. I can say though that I think the movie will be made. I worked a week or so late this summer with National Geographic on the AT in Georgia. We were filming for a documentary on the trail due for release in the spring sometime. They were aware of the movie and said it was going to be made, probably for a late 2009 or early 2010 release. Winton at MTX also is pretty sure the movie is in the works. Anyway, I could care either way. My movie will be out early 2009. It's a documentary, not a fake Hollywood movie about people who wrote a fictional book about the trail.

I'd like to hear more about this!

Panzer1
12-09-2008, 16:09
.... not a fake Hollywood movie about people who wrote a fictional book about the trail.

When Bryson was on TV he claimed that all the events in the book actually happened.

Panzer

Bulldawg
12-09-2008, 16:55
he claimed

Panzer

Key phrase!

Bulldawg
12-09-2008, 16:55
I'd like to hear more about this!

PM me.

Lion King
12-09-2008, 17:13
I think I prefer fictional AT movies. Of all the AT videos, Southbounders' is still my favorite.

on tape...God I love Palmerton.

Lion King
12-09-2008, 17:15
Yeah she thinks Mike is a sexy beast. ...

go on...:D

Stryder
12-09-2008, 17:34
They might find it an interesting that the exact same rumor that's been floating around about RR making a movie based on the book for the last few years is back again?

Until someone has some cold hard information that the movie is being filmed, pictures of the set, casting call information, scripts, etc... it's just a rumor.

The thread will follow a predictable trend of people discussing what actor should play what character, then some discussion about how Bryson was a candy ass who didn't finish the trail and the movie shouldn't be made, and then some debate on how it's actually a good book even though he didn't finish, and finally someone will point out that the art director for his book selected a grizzly bear on the cover, which as we know, don't live in the Appalachian range.

Aww man! That's just like ruining the ending of a good movie! LOL

Adam

RITBlake
12-09-2008, 17:45
Aww man! That's just like ruining the ending of a good movie! LOL

Adam

So far my first two predictions have come through,let's wait and see I bet the rest follow.

Feral Bill
12-09-2008, 17:48
So far my first two predictions have come through,let's wait and see I bet the rest follow.

Sure, now that you have put the ideas in peoples heads!

Stryder
12-09-2008, 17:57
ok...let's see now,...

Bryson was a candy ass who didn't finish the trail. He does not even deserve to have a movie made after him. I mean, he only did 39.5% of the whole thing for crying out loud!

I am bad

Adam

rcli4
12-09-2008, 18:16

After awhile every topic on this list does the same thing over and over. Bryson, Kennabec, Cell phones, Billville, Contra Dancing, AMC....

Clyde

mudhead
12-09-2008, 18:27
Spelling of Kennebec, Leki poles, dogs that hike while packing heat, but the all time best is

RITBlake
12-09-2008, 18:35
After awhile every topic on this list does the same thing over and over. Bryson, Kennabec, Cell phones, Billville, Contra Dancing, AMC....

Clyde

This is true! The Bryson one always gets me though. Follows almost the exact same pattern every time the thread pops up.

RITBlake
12-09-2008, 18:35
http://www.ew.com/ew/article/0,,20174535,00.html

BTW this article is almost a year old.

Red Hat
12-09-2008, 19:04
yeah, and if you google redford walk in the woods all the articles are old.

Panzer1
12-09-2008, 21:11
....Bryson was a candy ass who didn't finish the trail. He does not even deserve to have a movie made after him. I mean, he only did 39.5% of the whole thing for crying out loud!

Actually he did finish the trail... if you give him credit for the part he drove in a car. :D

Panzer

Lone Wolf
12-09-2008, 21:56
Actually he did finish the trail... if you give him credit for the part he drove in a car. :D

Panzer

i bet he's hiked more than you

Kirby
12-09-2008, 22:09
If a movie is made, I shall see it.

Bearpaw
12-09-2008, 22:33
If a movie is made, I shall see it.

EVERY ONE here (or pretty close) will go see it.

Some to complain about it.

Some to laugh and enjoy it.

But believe me, pretty much all the folks on WB and MANY MANY MANY in the general public will go see it.

And the ones who protest here the loudest will likely be among the first in line.

buff_jeff
12-09-2008, 23:08

Can you post a reminder when your movie is released? I'd be interested in looking into it.

Bulldawg
12-09-2008, 23:13
Can you post a reminder when your movie is released? I'd be interested in looking into it.

Sure, they are recording narration right now. Looking like April or May of 2009.

camojack
12-10-2008, 01:28
If I get to work in the movie, the odds I'll go see it improve...dramatically.
(Yes, pun most definitely intended...)

Sly
12-10-2008, 01:43
It would be great to be a consultant. Me and Bob and Mary Ellen.

Red Hat
12-10-2008, 10:28
I really want to play Mary Ellen. I have movie experience (did one in Texas last spring) and I majored in Drama (can you believe it?) Wish I knew where to audition!

Doughnut
12-10-2008, 15:24
Weren't you the "Debbie" in the Dallas movie? Is that your acting experience,:banana
Man, I cannot get enough of that movie... Great Job RedHat !!:sun

As for the Drama, I knew how it'd turn out after the opening credits!

All written tongue in cheek (just not saying Who's cheek my tongue is in!!)

DoughNut

Plodderman
12-10-2008, 16:42
Allfor it and if Redford directs the movie I will enjoy it. I like Jeremiah Johnson and A River Runs Through It and I also liked the book A Walk in The Woods.

Tinker
12-10-2008, 17:08
THIS GUY should be Katz:

http://wwwimage.cbsnews.com/images/2004/03/04/image604026x.jpg

Red Hat
12-10-2008, 18:35
Weren't you the "Debbie" in the Dallas movie? Is that your acting experience,:banana
Man, I cannot get enough of that movie... Great Job RedHat !!:sun

As for the Drama, I knew how it'd turn out after the opening credits!

All written tongue in cheek (just not saying Who's cheek my tongue is in!!)

DoughNut

Very funny, Doughnut... No, I actually had a bit part in "Tree of Life" this spring with Brad Pitt. Terrence Malick was filming in Smithville, near my home and I got the part after a series of auditions. And, where exactly is your tongue?

I still want to play Mary Ellen in THE MOVIE.

10-K
12-10-2008, 18:51

Other ideas?

John Candy would be a perfect Katz- but he's dead....

RITBlake
12-10-2008, 19:24
I guess I'll play.

Any fan of the Howard Stern show knows that Artie Lange would be perfect for Katz.

Out of shape, funny, and callous.

http://youradhere.files.wordpress.com/2008/04/artie41.jpg

Jim Adams
12-10-2008, 20:24
Katz?.....Ralphy May...no doubt!

BTW, he's Girl Next Door's brother so he has alittle knowledge of the trail already.

geek

Spogatz
12-11-2008, 12:00
I would be a good Katz.....Where do I apply....