PDA

View Full Version : Osprey Aether 60 Users

yogi clyde
04-07-2004, 22:35
There is a space between the padded back frame and the pack.

My water bladder can fit in there.
My concern would be that the water would get warm.

Any one use this space?

Thanks and Happy Trails

gumball
04-08-2004, 06:08
Yogi, I do not, but only b/c I do not like the feel of something pressing into my spine like that. Its uncomfortable for me--so I use the outer front mesh pocket. I find, for me, it works and I still have room for a few other things, as well as being able to strap an Excessories pack on, if I want to.

Hammock Hanger
04-08-2004, 09:33
I have thought of it a number of times. I do not like the water in the front as the pack just does not feel right for me when the weight is pulling down from the front. Odd I know but it does bother me. I carried it most of the way on my hike in 2002 on the top of my food bag inside the pack. I had a Big Mouth Camelback. The cap was not screwed on right on day and I lost the entire days water in my pack. That only happened once in 1000 miles. -- Then I got my GoLite that has a nice pocket inside the back of the pack I really liked it. -- So I sewed up a silnylon sleeve and put inside the back of my Osprey and it works out great. I am now using the large Platty with the ziplock bottom. Believe it or not, I haven't had any water spilled inside the pack. Good luck with whatever configuration you come up with. Sue/HH

gravityman
04-08-2004, 10:43
-- So I sewed up a silnylon sleeve and put inside the back of my Osprey and it works out great. Sue/HH

How did you sew this in? I was looking at trying to do that, but I couldn't figure out how to sew it. It looks like it would have to be done by hand with my head in the pack to get the bottom.

Gravity Man

Hammock Hanger
04-08-2004, 18:40
How did you sew this in? I was looking at trying to do that, but I couldn't figure out how to sew it. It looks like it would have to be done by hand with my head in the pack to get the bottom.

Gravity Man

I just made a silnylon bag that was wide enough and long enough to accomadate a full platty. I then used heavy duty thread to tack it in each corner to the pack and I moved down and put a tacj stitch about 3 inches from the top on each side. the rest just lays inside the pack. I put a drawstring around the top of mine but it really isn't necessary. SUe/HH

gravityman
04-09-2004, 11:06
I just made a silnylon bag that was wide enough and long enough to accomadate a full platty. I then used heavy duty thread to tack it in each corner to the pack and I moved down and put a tacj stitch about 3 inches from the top on each side. the rest just lays inside the pack. I put a drawstring around the top of mine but it really isn't necessary. SUe/HH

Brilliant! Thanks!