PDA

View Full Version : mini ziplock bags

cupcake
04-08-2004, 13:28
here's an idea that might work okay --- i like to use the snack size ziplock bags for smaller items. i used the soldering iron (that i've been using to cut my silnylon) to cut my snack bag into thirds --- it cuts and seals the plastic in one pass. i'm going to use the little bags for misc. pills for my first aid bag. i'll report later if i open my first aid bag (a red silnylon stuff sack) and the inside looks like a pharmaceutical party mix :)
i don't have time to go mini ziplock shopping anyways.
d

Footslogger
04-08-2004, 13:39
Very creative Denise ...I like that idea. Might try it with the pint sized freezer strength bags, just to get something a tad more durable.

dbender
04-08-2004, 15:49
Denise-

I use the mini-zips sold in craft stores for jewelry sales. They come in several sizes and are very durable. I used them for pills and also found that the 2" x3" size will hold just enough gatorade powder for a 20 oz bottle. Saves the hassle of measuring on the trail.

Jitterbug

cupcake
04-08-2004, 16:02
it's "crunch time" and i'd rather be playing online than packing up my backpack. what's wrong here? (queen of avoidance behavior)
someday, next time, i will have a plethora assortment of sizes. today though, it's dirty on the fly.
i use to make jewelry, and my catalogs had a huge assortment of sizes of baggies.