PDA

View Full Version : Hiking partners for 2009 PCT starting may 5thish

blackfoot "hb"
12-09-2008, 19:51
Just wanted to know if anyone was interested in beginning the PCT with me starting around the 5th of may?

Blackfoot HB

mts4602
12-09-2008, 20:58
I'm looking at starting on the 11th, but possibly not at the border (haven't decided yet). It sounds like there are actually a lot of people starting in middle of May so maybe I will start at campo.

Maybe I'll see ya out there.

Matt

ScottP
12-13-2008, 12:19
I started in mid-may in 2007. Good stuff.

Don't let anyone tell you that you can reliably hike in october in Washington. Last week of september washington got 2-3 feet of snow and everyone still on trail either roadwalked the end or went home.

The earlier you can get to the northwest, the better weather you will get (and you can sit out those cold, wet, viewless storms in a nice, warm, dry hotel room and get out hiking once there's views again)

julian
12-18-2008, 16:58
Just wanted to know if anyone was interested in beginning the PCT with me starting around the 5th of may?

Blackfoot HB

Unless the snow in in the Sierra is unusually high or low this year, I'll likely be starting at Campo around the 5th-7th so I'm sure we'll end up meeting each other somewhere in the first few days.

Looks like plenty of others are starting that first week of May this year as well so it will be nice to be able to hike with others on occasion! I really wanted to go to the kickoff, but that doesn't seem likely as I don't want to be forced to take lots of unnecessary and expensive zero days to avoid getting to Kennedy Meadows too early.