PDA

View Full Version : Hiker Re-locator? Ideas

Blister
12-12-2008, 13:40
So here is the unfortunate story.

A few weeks back, my neighbors walked in on my now xboyfriend creating modern art with his fist and my face. You name it cuts, scrapes, bruises, the police thought he had broken my nose. I felt like a CSI corpse as they took pictures for evidence. He was arrested and has not returned to the residence since except to obtain personal belongings. My problem, I am now without a job or a place to live as my landlord has asked we both vacate the premise of our belongings. I have until the 18th to do so and he has until Jan 31. I do not need sympathy however I do need help. If anyone knows of a descently paying job and an available, affordable place to live, I need to get out of this town and on with my life. My internet access is slightly scetchy, I'm working off a very week wireless signal since the x wanted to make sure my life remained miserable for the duration of my stay and stole the high speed internet modem - he doesn't even have a computer!
Any thoughts or suggestions would be greatly appreciated, I am about 80% packed and ready to get the f outta dodge before the rest of my savings dwindles away.

Thanks

Old Hillwalker
12-12-2008, 19:35
Check your PMs

Hoop Time
12-13-2008, 11:04
First things first ... before you go leaping out of the frying pan, why do you have to be out the 18th? I don't know NH law, but in most states, tenants have some protections that make it impossible for a landlord to boot you out on the street anywhere near that quickly.

I can fully understand a desire to get away from there, but you don't want to be put into a desperate situation by a landlord who is forcing you out against your rights. A week to find a place and move is not nearly enough time, especially if you are considering relocating away from that town/area.

Check your legal options first. And get a PFA on that a$$wipe ex. He should not be allowed anywhere near you or the apt.

Here is a link that ought to be helpful: Tenant rights, Laws and Protections in New Hampshire (http://www.hud.gov/local/nh/renting/tenantrights.cfm)

Bare Bear
12-14-2008, 10:04
In Florida the aggressor is easy to ban from the dwelling after an arrest. The landlord can not put you out without a Legal Eviction. That said a Protection Order does not make you invincible so it still may be a good idea to go where ex does not know where you are. You may be required to go back for trial to testify too so give the arresting officer your email so that they can get you when needed.

Blister
12-18-2008, 15:34
Technically my x was the original tenant, I appear no where on the lease. He plead guilty to the three charges they hit him with, but once the case was settled - no more bail restrictions gives him permisssion to go back home - hence me out. Now I am back in Hanover BLAH!

Rockhound
12-18-2008, 22:57
Blister, have you looked into the ski resorts up there? Some offer housing for seasonal help. I'm sure many businesses are taking on additional help for the holidays as well. If this is the Blister Sister I met in Glencliff, I sincerely hope the ex is not the same person I saw you with there. There is simply no excuse to physically take ones anger out on another. I hope you are fine.