PDA

View Full Version : As a hiker how do you want to kick the bucket.

Plodderman
12-14-2008, 10:18
Told my wife that when I die I want to kick the bucket in the Smokies. Kind of hike off into the sunset. Ran into a guy in the Grayson Highland area that was in his late 70 or early eighties. His wife would drop him off and he would tell the rangers where he was hiking so they would know where to look for him if he had a probelm.

Two Speed
12-14-2008, 10:31
My first choice would be a nice, clean heart attack* immediately following a long, drawn out redhead wrangling contest.

My second choice would be a nice, clean heart attack, just as I top out a really good view.

* I mean one of those "gone like I was hit in the head with a sledge hammer" type heart attacks.

papa john
12-14-2008, 10:44
Jan 1st, right after a brilliant sunrise. Found dead on the lower platform of Icewater Springs Shelter. No reservations, no permit!

Lone Wolf
12-14-2008, 10:52
lower platform of what and where?

Pedaling Fool
12-14-2008, 11:08
With a healthy mind and body. I've seen too many who can not care for themselves as they age. It's my goal to never be in that condition.

If I ever feel as though I'm headed in that direction I will find the biggest baddest grizzly bear and bitch-slap his ass.

KG4FAM
12-14-2008, 11:14
Lightning strike on Katahdin

ken209
12-14-2008, 11:17
Not like the man a few weeks ago, on rainbow falls trail a little ways from bullhead, never made it to the top of LeConte, sad.

taildragger
12-14-2008, 11:17
Death after cougar wrestling

either type of cougar will do

taildragger
12-14-2008, 11:18
At the end of a rainbow, I wanna ruin the damned rumor about a pot of gold, instead it'll just be my bloated ass out there

yappy
12-14-2008, 11:28
after hearing a grizz chuffing and breaking trees while I was hiking in valdez I can pretty much gaurantee I don't want to go that way .

Lone Wolf
12-14-2008, 11:32
on a bar stool at dot's, which is on the AT, watching the masters tournament on the tube

cowboy nichols
12-14-2008, 11:39
I've informed my kin if I ever (when) go hiking without my dogs, don't come looking for me. Also won't leave an itinerary.

mudhead
12-14-2008, 11:44
I've informed my kin if I ever (when) go hiking without my dogs, don't come looking for me. Also won't leave an itinerary.

Might be best to do that a bit north, with the wind at your back.

Me, I'm going to Switzerland. Good chocolate there.

woodsy
12-14-2008, 11:45
The white mountains of NH seem to be a popular place for people to die, some by accident and some who just don't want to be found. I can think of a couple people in the last year who went there for the sole purpose of dying and have not been found.
Me? Anywhere face down so the world can kiss my arse.!

cowboy nichols
12-14-2008, 11:51
Might be best to do that a bit north, with the wind at your back.

Me, I'm going to Switzerland. Good chocolate there.
Very north I miss the mountains.;)

yappy
12-14-2008, 11:52
How many dogs do you have Cowboy ?

yappy
12-14-2008, 11:53
lol mudhead... anywhere with chocolate would be alright with me too.

cowboy nichols
12-14-2008, 12:01
How many dogs do you have Cowboy ?
One Germanshep 2yrs old in training to hike and one 3# chihuahua , she really blows my lite wt. list.:D

garlic08
12-14-2008, 12:13
I actually watched an old guy die of a heart attack on a ski trail. We worked him for a while until help came from a nearby ski area, they pronounced him. It was at the end of a great day of backcountry skiing, a great day with close friends, in his seventies still out enjoying the woods, a perfect powder day...I wanted to lift his dead hand and high-five him, what a way to go. If he hadn't already picked it, I would do it that way.

Lellers
12-14-2008, 12:21
I'm not quite sure of the method, but I'd like to go on my birthday. That seems neat and clean; start and finish on a complete calendar loop. My birthday is the day after Christmas. I'm feeling pretty good today, so I'm hoping it's not this year.

taildragger
12-14-2008, 13:08
I'm not quite sure of the method, but I'd like to go on my birthday. That seems neat and clean; start and finish on a complete calendar loop. My birthday is the day after Christmas. I'm feeling pretty good today, so I'm hoping it's not this year.

Death by scrapple?

Deadeye
12-14-2008, 13:23
I kinda like Lone Wolf's way - in a bar with friends. I don't think I'd want to crap out on the trail and ruin someone else's hike. Plus, if I was hanging in my hammock, it might be a while before I'm found, and that could ruin a perfectly good hammock.

And ditto the going out with full faculties, I've watched too many slow, wasting deaths already.

Lugnut
12-14-2008, 13:26
I want to be shot by a jealous husband while sneaking out a second story window - when I'm 99. :D

warraghiyagey
12-14-2008, 13:56

Nice choice!

taildragger
12-14-2008, 14:02
I want to be shot by a jealous husband while sneaking out a second story window - when I'm 99. :D

Might have to find one of them fancy houses with an elevator.

Slo-go'en
12-14-2008, 14:03
Get real drunk on a sub zero night, pass out and never wake up again.

GoldenBear
12-14-2008, 17:35
We agree we want to go together, in the throes of passion with each other at the nursing home, after keeping the staff up half the night with the noise of love-making.

I've also told here to not feel remorse if I happen to die while hiking, even if my death was partly the result of my unable to get timely medical assistance. Told her that I couldn't imagine any better way to leave this world, than with a preview of what I'll experience in the next one.

Doctari
12-14-2008, 17:39

OOH, I vote for this one! :D

OR, Springer if I'm doing a SOBO.

jesse
12-14-2008, 17:48

seems kinda odd. Most people fit enough to summit Katahdin would be quite away from death.

Malcom Forbes said it best. Go to sleep and wake up dead.

jesse
12-14-2008, 17:50

besides, you wouldn't get the patch, caise you did not fill out the form.

Egads
12-14-2008, 18:01

Nearly happened to a friend of mine. Got drunk on German beers and Jagger shots in Indianapolis and stopped at a snowbank to rest. Had to get his drunk a** up and into the apartment. Didn't see him until about 6:00 the next night. It was pitiful that night and the next few years when the booze finally consumed him.

jesse
12-14-2008, 18:10
Nearly happened to a friend of mine. Got drunk on German beers and Jagger shots in Indianapolis and stopped at a snowbank to rest. Had to get his drunk a** up and into the apartment. Didn't see him until about 6:00 the next night. It was pitiful that night and the next few years when the booze finally consumed him.

You could probbably arrange that this week.

No Belay
12-14-2008, 18:12
I'd like to hang my boots on Friday night while drinkin shine around the campfire at Soruck and have nobody notice it till Sunday afternoon. They could just haul me off with the camp trash and donate my prepaid funeral expenses to the Nick Grindstaff Foundation.

jesse
12-14-2008, 18:14
OOH, I vote for this one! :D

OR, Springer if I'm doing a SOBO.

I'm not getting this thread. Ok, you just completed a SOBO, and you have three choices.
1. Turn around and head NOBO
2. Go home
3. Get struck by lightning, and die.

and you choose #3.

taildragger
12-14-2008, 18:18
I'm not getting this thread. Ok, you just completed a SOBO, and you have three choices.
2. Go home

and you choose #3.

Beats cancer

4eyedbuzzard
12-14-2008, 18:19
...the best that you can hope for is to die in your sleep.

KG4FAM
12-14-2008, 18:25
besides, you wouldn't get the patch, caise you did not fill out the form.I never said finishing a thru hike. You can't just climb Katahdin and get struck by lightning these days without people thinking that you are finishing a thru hike.

mudhead
12-14-2008, 18:29
Probably cause you were carrying a golf club.

Serial 07
12-14-2008, 18:38
on a bar stool at dot's, which is on the AT, watching the masters tournament on the tube

it better be sunday, wolf...i don't need you screwing up tiger's concentration with some berevement/emotional issues early in tourney...the man has to focus...

yappy
12-14-2008, 18:48
nay, not in a bar or drinking for me. I am not much of a drinker. I would rather eat my calories... maybe hiking twin bear in 2 rivers. That is a nice spot, that has seen me thru some good and bad times. I would like to be with my dogs but then who would make sure they got home alright.

jesse
12-14-2008, 18:50
I never said finishing a thru hike. You can't just climb Katahdin and get struck by lightning these days without people thinking that you are finishing a thru hike.

Oh. I thought wanting to die after completing a Thru was retarded. But if its in the middle of a section hike, or a day hike, now that makes perfect sense.

modiyooch
12-14-2008, 19:09
I'm probably going to live a long time physically, but succumb to alzheimers when I'm 70. A genetic thing. I've already told my family to just let me loose on the AT. I think I will fair just fine and be perfectly content. I also told them that if I do die before I finish the AT, the need to carry some of my ashes the remaining way.

saimyoji
12-14-2008, 20:31
I'm probably going to live a long time physically, but succumb to alzheimers when I'm 70. A genetic thing. I've already told my family to just let me loose on the AT. I think I will fair just fine and be perfectly content. I also told them that if I do die before I finish the AT, the need to carry some of my ashes the remaining way.

I smell a business opportunity: charge folks to carry the ashes of loved ones to places they could never go. You could even be an agent of carrying: charge a premium, then pay someone else to actually do the carrying. Easy money. :cool:

modiyooch
12-14-2008, 20:34
I smell a business opportunity: charge folks to carry the ashes of loved ones to places they could never go. You could even be an agent of carrying: charge a premium, then pay someone else to actually do the carrying. Easy money. :cool:Not me.
I'm not carrying anything extra on the AT. I'm obsessed with cutting my own weight.

Just Plain Jim
12-14-2008, 21:00
I don't care how I die as long as it is in the next century, and I'll hold the record as the oldest living sex machi......................arrrgggghhh!!:eek:

Tinker
12-14-2008, 21:03
Told my wife that when I die I want to kick the bucket in the Smokies. Kind of hike off into the sunset. Ran into a guy in the Grayson Highland area that was in his late 70 or early eighties. His wife would drop him off and he would tell the rangers where he was hiking so they would know where to look for him if he had a probelm.

I'll cross that bridge when I get to it!

Until then, I'll just have to hope that the next bridge on the trail isn't it!! :D

generoll
12-14-2008, 22:59
Wasn't there a guy who went to sleep in a shelter in the Smokies a few years ago and didn't wake up? Tough on the folks sleeping next to you, but there are worse ways to go.

TrippinBTM
12-15-2008, 08:06
My dad and I have both talked about this, being of similar inclinations; it's not too different from what people have said here. When we're getting old and senile, sensing the end is near, we both like the idea of just walking out into the mountains. You know, like the old indian who goes to die a dignified death? Not out backpacking, per se, just walking (I mean, you're going to die, who needs gear?) No nursing homes for us. I'd hate to be a burden on anyone.

Someone on here said that there's no better way to die than in a place that is as near a preview of what's to come as you can find. I like how you said that.

But I think I want to be conscious of it, when it comes. Not in my sleep; I want to be there for it. You only get to die once!

sheepdog
12-15-2008, 09:01
I've trained springer spaniels for about 30 years. I would like to be about 84 in reasonably good health. It is a nice sunny early October day. The leaves are turning and the air is fresh. My trusty springer flushes two grouse, I drop them both, a perfect double. When my springer delivers the last grouse to my hand my ticker goes. They will find me laying in the leaves in the sunshine, gun barrels full of sand, two grouse in my game bag and my trusty springer curled up at my side.

Doctari
12-15-2008, 10:00
2. Go home

and you choose #3.

YEA!! :D

Your point? :confused:

Actually, the question is: If you had a choice Re; dying.

I have seen dozens die from heart attacks, no! Not unless it's pain free & in my sleep.

Alzheimers sucks! And takes a; l o n g l o n g time to kill you.

I have seen thousands dying (or already dead but don't know it) in nursing homes, not going to go that route.

So, Yea, let me finish a thru hike & then surprise me with a few million volts of SPARKLE!!! :p
If I can finish my "end of hike Scotch" first, all the better.

Yes, I would rather head back down the trail, & hike another day, but that wasn't the question.

superman
12-15-2008, 10:42
Since I already kicked the bucket once I won't have to do it again.:)

MOWGLI
12-15-2008, 10:58
Loved to death. My headstone will hopefully read - Died With His Boots On. :D

Egads
12-15-2008, 18:54
YEA!! :D

I have seen dozens die from heart attacks, no! Not unless it's pain free & in my sleep.

Alzheimer's sucks! And takes a l o n g l o n g time to kill you.

I have seen thousands dying (or already dead but don't know it) in nursing homes, not going to go that route.

So, Yea, let me finish a thru hike & then surprise me with a few million volts of SPARKLE!!! :p
If I can finish my "end of hike Scotch" first, all the better.

Yes, I would rather head back down the trail, & hike another day, but that wasn't the question.

Didn't know I have a choice, but this is pretty much true

Mrs Baggins
12-15-2008, 19:49
hmmmmm...I always told my family I want it to be in my late 90's (at the earliest!) bound for the far side of the world. Still traveling. And that's still a good answer for me. If I'm hiking......After seeing a gorgeous sunset after a dream day on the trail, any trail, having a good dram or two of single malt with other hikers, getting snug in my comfy sleeping bag and not waking up. And I'd prefer it if that were my late 90's as well.

mudhead
12-15-2008, 19:56
Didn't know I have a choice, but this is pretty much true

I figure you have a choice.

I would like to have a couple wicked private nurses feed me gruel for a while first, tho. And I do mean wicked.

Egads
12-15-2008, 20:07
I figure you have a choice.

I would like to have a couple wicked private nurses feed me gruel for a while first, tho. And I do mean wicked.

I think I have a better idea for a couple of wicked private nurses than to feed me gruel;)

vonfrick
12-15-2008, 20:37
i can't believe none of the boys here have cited the scene from that monty python movie where the herd of topless women chase the guy over the cliff

sheepdog
12-15-2008, 20:41
[quote=vonfrick;740344]i can't believe none of the boys here have cited the scene from that monty python movie where the herd of topless women chase the guy over the cliff[/quote

Why would any man run from a heard of topless women???

Lone Wolf
12-15-2008, 20:44
[quote=vonfrick;740344]i can't believe none of the boys here have cited the scene from that monty python movie where the herd of topless women chase the guy over the cliff[/quote

homo?

Skidsteer
12-15-2008, 20:56
i can't believe none of the boys here have cited the scene from that monty python movie where the herd of topless women chase the guy over the cliff

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jId3a1-oTns

general
12-15-2008, 20:57
i can never die. the kill me quick makes me immortal.

Plodderman
12-16-2008, 08:55
Maybe I will get stuck in Fat Mans Tunnel in the Grayson Highlands.

mudhead
12-16-2008, 09:02

I wonder what kind of noise you would hear?

Could be fear of the price extracted later.

Jim Adams
12-16-2008, 10:39
:banana:banana:bananaThat's why I have good quality winter clothing....hasn't happened yet!

geek

Jim Adams
12-16-2008, 10:47
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jId3a1-oTns
Skids,
coffee everywhere!!!!!! :banana
I can't stop laughing!

geek

sheepdog
12-16-2008, 10:50
I know a guy that happened to. He didn't die but lost several fingers and toes.

Jim Adams
12-16-2008, 10:51
Already had this talk with God...Not going to die...I'm living forever.

geek

Lone Wolf
12-16-2008, 11:00
Marines never die. we just go to hell and regroup

skinewmexico
12-16-2008, 11:39
Put me on one ski, and push me off upper Stauffenburg at Taos Ski Valley. Or the ridge.

BearII
12-16-2008, 12:49
Probably cause you were carrying a golf club.

Unless its a 1-iron, even God can't hit a 1-iron! ;)

leeki pole
12-16-2008, 14:12
Unless its a 1-iron, even God can't hit a 1-iron! ;)
Lee Trevino, I know this quote. I can hit a one-iron and straight. But I'd never hold it up in the air like Lee did. I'm a 4 handicap and I'm calling Lone Wolf out for a 18 hole match play round for the player of Whiteblaze.

Winner gets all the drinks at Dot's. You on? :-?

Newb
12-16-2008, 14:22
Pinkblazing.

saimyoji
12-16-2008, 15:57
Not me.
I'm not carrying anything extra on the AT. I'm obsessed with cutting my own weight.

no, no you don't actually carry anything extra. read my post again.

neighbor dave
12-16-2008, 16:03
:-?morphine overdose , haven't selected a site yet though. mmmmmmm............. morphine:-?

superman
12-16-2008, 16:39
:-?morphine overdose , haven't selected a site yet though. mmmmmmm............. morphine:-?

Good choice...ya reckon you'll know when you're dead?

neighbor dave
12-16-2008, 16:52
Good choice...ya reckon you'll know when you're dead?

:-? it won't matter if i get the dosage right :-?

:welcome <- that's me wavin' bye bye!

TOW
12-16-2008, 17:06

I just want to go quick without pain. If I have the chance to be on the trail when it happens, then the preferred place would be Rainbow Springs Lean To up in the 100 mile wilderness.

Jorel
12-16-2008, 17:18
At Wrigley Field, game seven, 15th innining, Cubs win World Series, final quaff of Budweiser, hug my great grandson, and keel over at 93....of course healthy until then.

Dogwood
12-16-2008, 19:03
As a hiker how do U want tgo kick the bucket?

Looking into the sunset, warmth on my face, wind blowing through the treetops, waves crashing on the beach, knowing that I've tried living my life to the fullest and I unselfishly gave what I could to others.

johnnybgood
12-16-2008, 19:05
Die an old man ....after hiking the wilderness for 40 yrs.

Lugnut
12-16-2008, 19:07
I just want to go quick without pain. If I have the chance to be on the trail when it happens, then the preferred place would be Rainbow Springs Lean To up in the 100 mile wilderness.

That's pretty remote. You would be a real mess by the time they found you! :eek:

clicker
12-16-2008, 20:00
My dad and I have a pact where if he is at that point (on his death bed or so) I am to put him in our old canoe, and push him out into lake michigan on a really windy day. No paddle, no safety gear, just a bottle of single malt scotch in his hand. As for me, anywhere with a backpack on in the woods or other wilderness type area.

boarstone
12-16-2008, 20:08
My daughter already has instuctions on where to carry and put my ashes...if she can't she's to enlist someone in the AT community who can climb...and it's NOT on K.

Richard Snider
12-16-2008, 20:58
High on a mountain enjoying a serene wonderful view that I have just hiked, climbed, & scrambled many miles to.

Lugnut
12-17-2008, 00:30
A clear night in September on Wilburn Ridge, with one beer left.

freefall
12-17-2008, 01:12
I figure I'll go on living forever in some form. After all, energy can neither be created nor destroyed, only transferred to another form.
But when my human form goes, I would like it to be on a mountaintop somewhere. Just after a thunderstorm so the atmosphere is clear. No one else around. Just the wind making noise on my ears as I gaze at the view. A fairly warm day so I lay down on the rock, gazing out at the view of the entire world. Mountains and valleys, as far as the eye can see, with a slight mist rising from the valley below. The sun is just about to set behind some mountain in the distance and the sky is orange, crimson and blue all at once. I think of all the people that I know wish they could see this view and smile, knowing I am seeing it alone and they have to find their own and I smile just a little. I blink a couple of times to moisten my eyes as the wind has blown them dry. As I blink once more, my eyes stay shut. All the pictures and scenery I have taken in around me flutter through my mind once more. I feel as I am going to sleep but a sleep from which I do not want to wake.
Once the search team comes, I am fortunate to have a kind soul find me. When he sees the smile on my face and the wind-dried tear underneath my eye, he realizes this is where I belong. He asks the other searcher to go get a rope, and while his partner is away, he whispers, " Happy trails old timer" and pushes me over just as a terrific wind comes up from the canyon below. My body, then my bones, then my dust, sit forever on a ledge not even climbers can reach. And I owe it all to a search and rescue paramedic that knows what hiking is all about.

TOW
12-17-2008, 08:14
That's pretty remote. You would be a real mess by the time they found you! :eek:
But maybe not, I am sure the scanvengers would have a big buffet of me before anyone came along........

TOW
12-17-2008, 08:16
If I die here at home, I just want to be burned and my ashes scattered up on the Iron Mt Trail right after it goes into the woods as you are leaving Mocks Hollow. That way I can be close to town for ever.

sheepdog
12-17-2008, 08:19
Does dieing on the trail violate "Leave no Trace"??

mweinstone
12-17-2008, 08:38
i want to be lifted up in the air and taken to heaven with jesus from the summit of katadhin .

Plodderman
12-17-2008, 11:14
Dieing on the trail might violate "leave no trace: for awhile.

maybeFritz
12-18-2008, 13:16
Sliding sidewase into the grave, beer in one hand and a steak in the other; broken, used up and suffering from a general case of having way too much fun for way to long. Specifics beyond that are up for debate.

Bare Bear
12-18-2008, 21:31
No kicking buskets! Feet hurt enough from all the walkin.

TrippinBTM
12-19-2008, 12:14
I plan on living forever. So far, so good.

Wise Old Owl
12-20-2008, 00:43
Funny you should ask, My dad wants his ashes spread off the summit of the Pinnacle.

Kanati
12-23-2008, 23:46
Remember that moose skeleton in the Mahoosuc Notch? That would not be a good way to go. Actually, I am so busy living that I just can't think of dying. :)

J5man
12-25-2008, 21:50
old age

bikerscars
12-25-2008, 23:48
great thread...
kinda helps me focus on enjoying life and family here and now since the end will quickly sneak up (even if i make it to the triple digits)
time sure does fly by quick
just wanna savor and share the good life with family
and if i had to pick the perfect death for me it would happen at such a time before i became a burden to my kids...the method/time/place isn't all that important but painless would be nice and surrounded by loved ones couldn't hurt
i like the idea of dying on my birthday after the party ends

Captain
12-26-2008, 08:17

That my friend would be epic. I would think it really hard to both in imagination and in reality TOP that

Jim Adams
12-26-2008, 09:06
Sliding sidewase into the grave, beer in one hand and a steak in the other; broken, used up and suffering from a general case of having way too much fun for way to long. Specifics beyond that are up for debate.

Replace grave with tent and you pretty much see how I hike.:D

i like the idea of dying on my birthday after the party ends

This is really odd but I remember reading a study somewhere that found that the odds are actually in your favor to die on your birthday......some crazy figure like 62% chance.:eek:
I had a patient on the ambulance about 3 years ago named Valintine because he was born on Valintine's day. He was the II as his father was also named Valintine due to being born on Valinites day. I took him into the ER during a heart attack in January but he signed himself out against medical advice. I was called to his house because he was found dead at home by his still alive 94 year old father. They had played cards until 3am....dad awoke, son didn't....on Valintines Day.

geek

ATX-Hiker
12-26-2008, 10:45
Sitting by a campfire with a crown and coke, smoking a cigar.

Skyline
12-26-2008, 11:14
Someplace that affords solitude, great views or a babbling brook. But not so far removed from civilization that it would require a huge S&R effort and a difficult carryout by overworked volunteers.

Anyone know of such a place, please let me know while I'm healthy.

snowhoe
12-26-2008, 11:45
I would like to die snowboarding down Katadin in and avalanche.

Red Hat
12-26-2008, 12:14
peacefully in my sleep, but at a grand old age, dreaming of all my adventures, thinking of all my hiking buddies from all the years

troglobil
12-26-2008, 14:21
I would like to die in my sleep, like my grandfather did.

Not screaming in shear panic like everyone else in his car.

Kirby
12-26-2008, 15:25
Alive.

wrongway_08
12-26-2008, 16:53
As long as its 1) after my pets have died, 2) outdoors, in the woods 3) natural cause and 4) not because of some drunk or crack head or drug dealer or any other just plain worthless-shouldve already been killed S.O.B. . ........... I'll be happy.

The Scribe
12-26-2008, 18:15
it better be sunday, wolf...i don't need you screwing up tiger's concentration with some berevement/emotional issues early in tourney...the man has to focus...

And he better do it silently. Can you imagine the ruckus if he groaned or grunted or something as Tiger went into his backswing?????

sticks&stones
12-26-2008, 18:59
in the poplar ridge privey, dropping a solid

Lone Wolf
12-26-2008, 19:01
having my heart explode as i'm gnawing on my 10th piece of chicken at the homeplace restaurant

yappy
12-26-2008, 19:05
Yum...

Lugnut
12-26-2008, 19:58
The Frenchman Sarte once said he realized that everyone must die but he was hoping that an exception could be made in his case. Sadly that wasn't the outcome. :eek:

Captain
12-27-2008, 11:00
Alive.

i think you are the only one who will actually get their wish, you wish to die alive...everyone does that ,every single time

Red Hat
12-27-2008, 11:38
Well my grandmother died in her sleep, like I want to go. I like to think she was thinking about all the adventures she had in her life. I loved to hear her talk about when she "bobbed her hair" and other things that shocked the world around her.

Grinder
12-27-2008, 14:26
something I learned in the army

"never volunteer"

Grinder

Worldwide
12-29-2008, 09:22
I hope it is under a pile of playboy bunnies at the mansion when my heart beats the last time. Leaving my corpse with a smoking pink nub of a penis to show as my cause of death.

Either that or die in my sleep like my grandpa .... not screaming like my grandma in the passenger seat!

Worldwide

Freeze
12-29-2008, 20:54
In my nice comfortable bed!

Joey
12-29-2008, 22:04
Seeing the mountains all around from a high point in the Roans and holding that image in my eyes as they close for the last time. Then have my ashes thrown into the wind on top of Round Bald or Grassy Ridge Bald.

prain4u
12-29-2008, 23:28
At age 110--quietly in my sleep (in a hammock in the wilderness)--several days after I had successfully won a wrestling match against a grizzly bear that had raided my campsite (but only if the wrestling match was caught on tape for posterity's sake!)

JDCool1
12-30-2008, 00:17
I prefer to just walk up and kick it. If it makes a sound then I know I can do it again, otherwise, just sit down to rest overlooking a great scenic view and take a nap.

Plodderman
12-30-2008, 21:47
I am going to be like the older indians and just walk off into the woods.

Lone Wolf
12-30-2008, 21:56
I am going to be like the older indians and just walk off into the woods.

pretty unlikely

johnnybgood
12-30-2008, 22:03
Here's wishing this thread would finally kick the bucket.