PDA

View Full Version : Good-bye to our beagle Lady

Blissful
12-15-2008, 21:39
Our sweet Lady went to sleep tonight.

Thank you for your support, prayers and thoughts.

Blissful

mudcap
12-15-2008, 21:42
Sorry to hear the sad news. We are dog lovers too,my thoughts are with you.

peanuts
12-15-2008, 21:43
i am so sorry for your loss. sending you lots of hugs and prayers to you and your family. i do know how hard it is.

blackbird04217
12-15-2008, 21:50
Really sorry to hear this. :(

Skidsteer
12-15-2008, 21:57
That's sad news...:(

Phreak
12-15-2008, 21:59
I'm sorry to hear this.

Rouen
12-15-2008, 22:08
Sorry to hear that, you tried everything you could.

StarLyte
12-15-2008, 22:14
Sorry to hear, I know it is painful.

I just put my Pom down 2 months ago, I'm still not able to deal with it.

:sun

Cookerhiker
12-15-2008, 22:23
My sympathies on your loss.

SteveJ
12-15-2008, 22:24
Sorry for your loss, Blissful. She's out of pain now.....

Marta
12-15-2008, 23:03
My sympathies, Blissful.

FatMan
12-15-2008, 23:08
All dogs go to heaven. Sorry for your loss.

Mercy
12-15-2008, 23:08
So sorry to hear about Lady.

I'll remember her with fondness.

Angee
12-15-2008, 23:13
I am so sorry for your loss. ((((HUGS))))

MOWGLI
12-15-2008, 23:13
My condolences. Pets add so much to our quality of life.

The Mechanical Man
12-16-2008, 02:40
SORRY to hear of your loss, of a loved family member.

Sad

deadhorsejoe
12-16-2008, 08:20
Sorry for your loss. I know she was very special to you and your family. She was a lucky girl to have lived with your family these last 10 years. Sounds like she enriched your lives as well.

BackTrack1
12-16-2008, 08:48
Im so sorry .

Two Speed
12-16-2008, 08:49
Please accept my condolences.

nitewalker
12-16-2008, 08:52
im sorry to hear about your beagle. im sure she is looking down on you with many thanks for the life u had provided for her..keep your chin up;):)......

cowboy nichols
12-16-2008, 09:03
Sorry.

ed bell
12-16-2008, 09:15
Remember the good times and be thankful. Sorry to hear of your loss and I hope you find some comfort from the folks who send you their condolences from here. I know it helped me tremendously.

Alligator
12-16-2008, 09:25
Sorry to hear about your beagle.

Manwich
12-16-2008, 09:35
All dogs go to heaven.

Except for Cerberus.

I am thankful that Lady's suffering was not extended.

sheepdog
12-16-2008, 09:41
Sorry for your loss.

Frau
12-16-2008, 09:47
Makes me cry thinking about it.

Frau

Blissful
12-16-2008, 10:02
Thank you, everyone, for your messages. I even got a phone call from a fellow hiker last night too.

You all are great....

:)

Tinker
12-16-2008, 12:57
My prayers go out to you and your family. Your Lady has given you a treasure of memories that will last your lifetime. Cherish them. Love and Peace.

Dirigo
12-16-2008, 14:45
I am sorry to hear of your loss. Animals are just like our kids and it is a sad day when you lose one of the family members. :(

Dirigo

D'Artagnan
12-16-2008, 15:29
Sorry to learn of your loss. I had followed the other thread and hoped for a different outcome.

sheepdog
12-16-2008, 15:38
The Rainbow Bridge Story

Just this side of heaven is a place called Rainbow Bridge.
When an animal dies that has been especially close to
someone here, that pet goes to Rainbow Bridge.

There are meadows and hills for all of our special friends
so they can run and play together.

There is plenty of food, water and sunshine, and our friends
are warm and comfortable.

All the animals who had been ill and old are restored to
health and vigor; those who were hurt or maimed are
made whole and strong again, just as we remember them
in our dreams of days and times gone by.

The animals are happy and content, except for one small
thing; they each miss someone very special to them, who
had to be left behind.

They all run and play together, but the day comes when
one suddenly stops and looks into the distance. His
bright eyes are intent; His eager body quivers. Suddenly
he begins to run from the group, flying over the green grass,
his legs carrying him faster and faster.

You have been spotted, and when you and your special
friend finally meet, you cling together in joyous reunion,
never to be parted again. The happy kisses rain upon your
face; your hands again caress the beloved head, and you
look once more into the trusting eyes of your pet, so
long gone from your life but never absent from your heart.

Then you cross Rainbow Bridge together....

Author unknown...

Doctari
12-16-2008, 17:00
Sorry to hear that!!

I had 5 rats, 4 cats & a goldfish, but no pets!

We too lost a beloved friend but a few weeks ago :( & it feels like a 14 oz ounce piece of my heart was ripped out. Snowflake "took care of us" as best a 14 Oz rat can.

boarstone
12-16-2008, 20:14
Aw man that sucks, grieve as long as needed, before getting a replacement if that is what one wants to do, don't rush it. I don't have anymore pets for this reason---I can't stand the loss/hurt/pain....my human contacts give me enough....

shelterbuilder
12-16-2008, 22:31
Sorry for your loss - been there five times myself.

Take comfort from your memories, and know that the separation is only for a short while....

stargazer0311
12-17-2008, 10:19
I am sorry for your loss.

yappy
12-17-2008, 11:06
so sorry blissful...it hurts, it just freaking breaks your heart.

Gaiter
12-17-2008, 11:35
so soorry for your loss

Blissful
12-17-2008, 14:34
Thank you so much, everyone. I am really struggling today with the question of why. Why my dog is dead and not walking the neighborhood with me today when she only had a back problem last week. The whys are really tough, esp for a dog that wasn't that old who wanted to live and loved life.

corialice81
12-17-2008, 18:04
Thank you so much, everyone. I am really struggling today with the question of why. Why my dog is dead and not walking the neighborhood with me today when she only had a back problem last week. The whys are really tough, esp for a dog that wasn't that old who wanted to live and loved life.

From one dog lover to another, I'm not trying to be preachy, I promise. For me, when tough times arise and I get low, I try to focus my thoughts on positive images that help me get through each minute of each day.

When those thoughts come up about the whys, try to focus on the good times you had with her and thank God for allowing those moments to occur.

SawnieRobertson
12-17-2008, 20:44
You were a wonderful human to her. You did absolutely everything that you could to attend to her needs. There are those of us who believe that dogs have souls. I'll bet she is looking down at you right now, gently wagging her tail, saying "Thanks."--Kinnickinic

shelterbuilder
12-17-2008, 21:58

We lost one who had just been given a clean bill of health by the vet...all the wellness tests came back normal, and yet within a week of those tests, he was gone. I know how we felt then, so I can imagine how you feel now.

Don't let your loss diminish the dog's life. Rejoice in the happy times that you had with her, and thank God for the opportunity to have had those happy times.

weary
12-17-2008, 22:34
I truly know how you feel. Animals grow on you. And I've lost quite a few over the decades, and have been often saddened.

I'm not a great pet lover. But when after three years, a dog I never particularly liked that was given to us by someone who had runover a dog I loved. had to be put away from kidney failure, I cried all the way to the vets and all the way home.

Weary

yappy
12-18-2008, 17:17
The thing with not getting another animal though is that another goes on being unloved then. We have to find the courage to take an animal in.... they need all of us to do that if we can... cuz if we don't who will ? It took me 1.5 yrs before I got lulu. She actually came from an old cowboy in eastern oregon. She was so tiny that she fit in his hat. I was afraid, be the first to admit it, to love like I did rambo again. But, OMG, I am so thankful that I did. She has been beyond words for me. My heart just opened up like a gift and took in lulu. It was easy. Now, she has back problems and the decade flew like a good movie. Where in the world did the years go ? I brace myself for the terrible loss. But, if I had'nt taken her in the loss would have been all mine.

I hope.. when you are ready.. that another dog comes into your life.. creeps into your heart cuz there is a whole lot of room in there to love another one. just my opinion.

leeki pole
12-19-2008, 18:22
Not a day goes by that I think of great dogs that have owned me and I rue the day that something should happen to them. Remember the great times, the licks on the face saying it's time to get up and take me on a walk, like NOW! I would be saddened deeply if something so sudden and so hurtful would occur to any of my wonderful 4 rescues that I have the privilege to be the caretaker of. I look forward to the day that you might be able to possibly allow another friend to accept you in that role. Remember, we don't improve dogs lives, they improve ours. My heartfelt condolences and sincerest regrets for your loss. I remember two holiday seasons ago, I put out milk and cookies for Santa, and a bowl of food in my Daisy's kennel outside. All of them were gone on Christmas morning. That brought a smile to my face, as Daisy had passed just a week before.
Keep your head up and again, remember the good times.