PDA

View Full Version : Walmart Gloves

partinj
12-16-2008, 13:27
Hi i was at walmart mondat and saw a pait of ragwool flip up mitts have any of you guys use them and if you did how warm were they the one thing i like about the is ever if they get wet they would still be warm.
:confused:

Spogatz
12-16-2008, 14:10
I have some flip up mitts from Wally world and I don't like them. The best gloves I have gotten from there was some hunting gloves with the fingers cut off and then only because they were felt gloves. Just cheap gloves but I have had them now for about 5 years.

Lyle
12-16-2008, 15:31
My favourite glove combination is a pair of ragg wool gloves and a nylon shell mitten. Gives a lot of options for wearing during various activities.

I've used fleece convertibles and they are nice too. The ragg wool alone will not be wind proof, so will be less warm that the wool plus shell combination.

Ragg wool are great for the price.

hootyhoo
12-16-2008, 18:05
They appeared very thick. I got the feeling that if they did get wet or damp that it would be next to impossible to dry them - they just appear to be too thick. I have never found super thick gloves to warm my hands any better than medium thickness.
Bear in mind that I have never owned the gloves so if you got them please do not feel offended by my assumption - I've been wrong before.