PDA

View Full Version : Something nice for Christmas

Jack Tarlin
12-20-2008, 13:30
So I'm in the Hanover Library and took a break from Whiteblaze to write a few late Christmas cards. Then I took a break from that, and checked out a couple of political sites I go to.

Found a really great amazing story, about a little girl who's very sick and all she wanted for Christmas was to get lots of cards.

Being a born cynic, I figured this was just more Internet nonsense.

Well, I checked it out, and no, it isn't.

(See www.snopes.com/inboxer/medical/garman.asp (http://www.snopes.com/inboxer/medical/garman.asp) for details or Google "Hannah Garman")

Anyway, I just added Hannah to my Christmas card list and I thought some of you might want to do the same, and may want to pass this story along to folks you know.

Very best wishes to my friends here at Whiteblaze, have a safe and happy Christmas and a great New Year.

mudhead
12-20-2008, 13:35
Thanks. I'm in. Try and bump this Monday someone.

Ron Haven
12-20-2008, 13:47
Found a really great amazing story, about a little girl who's very sick and all she wanted for Christmas was to get lots of cards.(See www.snopes.com/inboxer/medical/garman.asp (http://www.snopes.com/inboxer/medical/garman.asp) for details or Google "Hannah Garman")
Very best wishes to my friends here at Whiteblaze, have a safe and happy Christmas and a great New Year.Jack,thanks I am sure by this post this little girl will recieve many more cards.I know I will send one too;) Merry Christmas and Happy New Year Jack and to all of you here at WB too!

Blissful
12-20-2008, 13:48
Thanks for posting this.

Sly
12-20-2008, 14:09
Jack,thanks I am sure by this post this little girl will recieve many more cards.I know I will send one too;) Merry Christmas and Happy New Year Jack and to all of you here at WB too!

I have visions of Miracle on 54th Street.

MC & HNY all.

Bearpaw88
12-20-2008, 17:45
This is great I am in, B. Jack is such a softie at heart :)

camojack
12-21-2008, 02:02
This is great I am in, B. Jack is such a softie at heart :)
Ain't he, though? :D

mweinstone
12-21-2008, 08:21
i didnt specificaly create jack for softyness. it was a side affect i think we all admire. deep within his core being, i placed a c-32 circut interupt kfc valve. in the event of alot of chicken, or suffering of a great nature, jack responds well.

Tin Man
12-21-2008, 08:51
okay, so snopes says it's true, so i will see about getting a card out... but i am not buying that jack is a softie? his post says it was edited by alligator. :eek:

weary
12-21-2008, 15:35
okay, so snopes says it's true, so i will see about getting a card out... but i am not buying that jack is a softie? his post says it was edited by alligator. :eek:
Well, that maybe evidence that Alligator is no softie -- or maybe that he is.

Jack Tarlin
12-21-2008, 15:54
Actually, I think Alligator's "editing" consisted of making my post a "Sticky" one so that more folks noticed it and were perhaps inspired to send a card.

And I hope that's the case.

Tinker
12-21-2008, 17:18
Now you've gone and done it, Jack! Made me cry....
Address has been written and card will be in the mail tomorrow.

Thanks, and may God bless you.

Jack Tarlin
12-22-2008, 15:18
Figured I'd bump this up to the top of "Today's Posts" one last time before the holiday.

Thanks a million to any of you guys who took a minute and sent this little girl a greeting card.

Merry Christmas to all of you. If you and your family are healthy and well, and I hope they are, that's pretty much all you need.

See some of you on the Trail next year!

Alligator
12-22-2008, 15:41
Ssshh I changed it to a sticky. I was thinking about changing political to knitting, but no I didn't change the post other than the sticky.

the goat
12-23-2008, 09:16
Ssshh I changed it to a sticky. I was thinking about changing political to knitting, but no I didn't change the post other than the sticky.

that's what you should've done!:D

Jack Tarlin
12-29-2008, 15:43
Hey, this is for anyone who saw this thread earlier, and especially those who sent a card.

Hannah Garman has now received around 100,000 (!!) cards, and according to her website, had a really great Christmas.

Many thanks to anyone who read this story and felt the way I did, hope your Holiday was also a good one.

mweinstone
05-22-2009, 14:06
sweet move bacon jerky tommatoe.oxoxoxoxooxmatthewski the greatest friend of baltimore jack tarrlin i ever was.

mweinstone
05-22-2009, 14:09
thats millatary for bjt.
im matza whitebread
thats millatary for matthewski weinstone

Jack Tarlin
05-22-2009, 15:41
Don't know why Matty revived this old thread, but if anyone's interested, Hannah (the little girl who got all the Christmas cards) is doing OK most days, and still enjoys hearing from people, in case anyone wants to send her another one.

Thanks, guys.