PDA

View Full Version : may i speak?

mweinstone
12-21-2008, 09:01
whiteblaze.net would skyrocket to fundom and betterness if only it was as acceptable and allowable to speak on any topic unresticted with curseing , for all. amen i said it. your thaughts?

and in that bizzaro whiteblaze, i would wish my god happy b day. but here in normdom, its uncool. thaughts? why?

bigcranky
12-21-2008, 09:54
Hi, Matt, good to hear from you. Hope things are going well in PA. Hope this post is fun even without any cursing.

superman
12-21-2008, 10:04
I agree except for the unrestricted and swearing part. You also forgot to mention how much better it would be if everyone simply accepts my posts as the correct answer.:)

Homer&Marje
12-21-2008, 10:21
How can they be correct? Mine are all the right ones.

We can swear, you just have to do it in clever ways or become an astrologist and try and understand the ***** *** ** ***** ***** **** ****

Tin Man
12-21-2008, 10:28
whiteblaze.net would skyrocket to fundom and betterness if only it was as acceptable and allowable to speak on any topic unresticted with curseing , for all. amen i said it. your thaughts?

and in that bizzaro whiteblaze, i would wish my god happy b day. but here in normdom, its uncool. thaughts? why?

you may speak sir spellssofunny, but puhleeze don't whine. :)

bigmac_in
12-21-2008, 10:29
Ummm . . . ACTUALLY, I think it is the SON of God's birthday. Unless I'm thinking of a different God.

Whatever . . .

:D

superman
12-21-2008, 10:45
Ummm . . . ACTUALLY, I think it is the SON of God's birthday. Unless I'm thinking of a different God.

Whatever . . .

I think Mr. Weinstone is dislexic, therefore he was referring to his dog.

Hooch
12-21-2008, 10:57
Ummm . . . ACTUALLY, I think it is the SON of God's birthday. Unless I'm thinking of a different God.WEll, there is that whole trinity "three in one" thing and all that. So maybe technically it is God's birthday. Kinda sorta.

warraghiyagey
12-21-2008, 10:59
Happy Birthday Matty. . . swear as much as you like. . . darn, heck, poop, crapola. . . dang

Hooch
12-21-2008, 11:00
Happy Birthday Matty. . . swear as much as you like. . . darn, heck, poop, crapola. . . dang

Yeah.....fiddlesticks.

Homer&Marje
12-21-2008, 11:29
Dont forget fun expressions like shucks, and crap on a cracker, and dangnammit. I think that might need to be hyphenated so Dang-Nammit

oh yas weez doont hafe too spall korektly anewayz

beas
12-21-2008, 12:01

I have always found that folks that can't bring enough attention to their topic or conversation due to lack of content will drop lots of f bombs and the such to grab others attention. And still not have any substance to there words
Just an observation

JAK
12-21-2008, 12:05
Chalice du tabernach!

Serial 07
12-21-2008, 13:15
hooch, that's a great fiddlestickin' picture...

vonfrick
12-21-2008, 14:24
fartknocker

warraghiyagey
12-21-2008, 14:43
I have always found that folks that can't bring enough attention to their topic or conversation due to lack of content will drop lots of f bombs and the such to grab others attention. And still not have any substance to there words
Just an observation

Hmmm. . . ever try not reading those threads /posts and not worryin about what other people who's style you don't care for write??
Just an idea. . . .

vonfrick
12-21-2008, 15:00
i, for one, am in favor of skyrocketing fundom and betterness!! hope to meet you matty at camo's in a couple days!

Tuombe247
12-21-2008, 15:42
I like all the creative wordage! However, I must reject your reality and submit my own... Fartbucket, poop on a stick, and shoot fire!

fiddlehead
12-21-2008, 16:12
Chalice du tabernach!

Your lucky the mods don't speak French JAK.

warraghiyagey
12-21-2008, 16:19
Or the cursed beloved - eat me.:)

Tinker
12-21-2008, 16:56
Just an observation

Agreed. Except for the "there". Should be "their" :).

Homer&Marje
12-21-2008, 18:25
Agreed. Except for the "there". Should be "their" :).

Oddly enough it was spelled correctly the first time:rolleyes:

Tinker
12-21-2008, 18:28
Oddly enough it was spelled correctly the first time:rolleyes:

Not so. There is a place. Their refers to posession. Correct spelling does not automatically imply correct usage.
Btw: I misspell stuff too.
Who would've thought that something on fire would be referred to as fiery, not firey (yes, that is correct - strange but correct).

Tin Man
12-21-2008, 18:34
Not so. There is a place. Their refers to posession. Correct spelling does not automatically imply correct usage.
Btw: I misspell stuff too.
Who would've thought that something on fire would be referred to as fiery, not firey (yes, that is correct - strange but correct).

the english language is very strange, yes.

praise the maker for making matty and his interesting language. :D

Tinker
12-21-2008, 18:40
So sorry, Homer&Marje, I reread the post by beas and realized that the first use of the word "their" was indeed spelled correctly. He's batting 500 (but that's not too good for 2 "at bats"). :)

BUT - I also found another error. others should be others', the apostrophe differentiating between others - being "not us" and others' - belonging to someone else.
English is a tough language to master. Imagine being born in another country that doesn't speak English!

Tin Man
12-21-2008, 18:43
So sorry, Homer&Marje, I reread the post by beas and realized that the first use of the word "their" was indeed spelled correctly. He's batting 500 (but that's not too good for 2 "at bats"). :)

BUT - I also found another error. others should be others', the apostrophe differentiating between others - being "not us" and others' - belonging to someone else.
English is a tough language to master. Imagine being born in another country that doesn't speak English!

a friend of mine is from rhode island. his english is hard to listen to sometimes. :D

Tinker
12-21-2008, 18:52
Wuts so hod about lisenin' to the way we tawk? :D

It took two years living in Richmond, Va. and a lot of ribbing to get me to drop my accent - then I married a girl from outside of Pittsburgh, Pa. (picture Boston meets Chicago with a little Lexington (Kentucky) thrown in!
You know, opposite of Summer is Winner.
Bob is pronounced "Bawb".
Weird! (which is also a strange word because everyone knows "I before E except after C".........and in weird - strange indeed!

Skidsteer
12-21-2008, 19:37
Chalice du tabernach!

Your lucky the mods don't speak French JAK.

Aller la secousse de!

Jim Adams
12-21-2008, 19:37

It took two years living in Richmond, Va. and a lot of ribbing to get me to drop my accent - then I married a girl from outside of Pittsburgh, Pa. (picture Boston meets Chicago with a little Lexington (Kentucky) thrown in!
Weird! (which is also a strange word because everyone knows "I before E except after C".........and in weird - strange indeed!

I donno what accent yunz are talkin about from Pittsburgh.....yunz have the accent!!!!

geek

Tinker
12-21-2008, 19:40
Nah, the funny axent is yunziz.:D

Wise Old Owl
12-21-2008, 19:45

No rest for the wicked, but "Skyrocket to fundom?"

Merry Christmas & Happy Chanuka! Mweinstone!

Homer&Marje
12-21-2008, 20:24

If they only worked in Providence Tinker:D It would be like listening to chinese for some of them:D

If you want da best access to da city, pahk ya cah down by the Dunk and walk up to da Hill. From dere youz can get anywhayah in da city ands youz dont have to worry bout da cah.:D

Blissful
12-21-2008, 23:24
You know my hubby couldn't spell at all and it bothered me some. I thought good spelling marks intelligence. Then when I saw how much he knows literature, calculus and finaled for the merit scholarship in high school when I barely passed, I said who needs to spell....
I say we have a brilliant guy posting.
:)

Reid
12-21-2008, 23:56
Whatever happened to just "Ga lee bum"?

Tin Man
12-22-2008, 00:43
http://www.oddee.com/_media/imgs/articles/a102_e6.jpg

superman
12-22-2008, 08:57
"Pegulation" ...they should have hit the spell check key.:)

Tin Man
12-22-2008, 09:00
"Pegulation" ...they should have hit the spell check key.:)

I liked the "dishonest trick" :-?

Tinker
12-22-2008, 09:18
You know my hubby couldn't spell at all and it bothered me some. I thought good spelling marks intelligence. Then when I saw how much he knows literature, calculus and finaled for the merit scholarship in high school when I barely passed, I said who needs to spell....
I say we have a brilliant guy posting.
:)

My father couldn't spell, either - left high school (never did that well - probably ADHD) to join the 2nd World War.
After the war he got a job at US Rubber (now Uniroyal) as a janitor. He worked his way up to chemist there, completing his GED and taking classes through the mail to get a BA in chemistry.
He wasn't a dummy, but he never learned to spell well. Whenever he tried to communicate in writing, he came across as lacking in intellect. That, plus the fact that my mom is extremely competent in the written English language, convinced me that I needed to do better.
Being wrong is no shame. It's refusing to admit fault and refusal to change (stubborn pride) that is a shame. It limits the effectiveness of one's ability to influence and help others. No one likes a Know-It-All. Most of us probably come off as one now and then (I know I do, so here's my confession :o).

Tinker
12-22-2008, 09:28
If they only worked in Providence Tinker:D It would be like listening to chinese for some of them:D

If you want da best access to da city, pahk ya cah down by the Dunk and walk up to da Hill. From dere youz can get anywhayah in da city ands youz dont have to worry bout da cah.:D

Almost perfect - "have to" should be "hafta".

And: Ya betta lahk da cah aw youze'll luze yaw assessories (accessories). :rolleyes: (You'd think we would be able to pronounce "R", coming from a state that starts with the letter.............:-?.

Have you ever seen the commercials for Bernie and Phyl's Furniture?
"Biwney and Phyl's". When did an "r" get to be a "w", phonetically?
New England is a strange place, indeed.
HEY YOU! OPEN YOUR MOUTH when you speak! Sheesh................

dradius
12-22-2008, 09:55
the english language is very strange, yes.

"Inflammable means flammable? What a country!"

oh, and I wish this board wasn't so censored either.

Tinker
12-22-2008, 10:03
I believe that "inflammable" actually comes directly from the French and was adopted by the English who then probably realized that they could do without the "in" part.

OldStormcrow
12-22-2008, 10:19

Whatever . . .

Hmmmm.....I think that his birthday actually fallls sometime in late September, but about a thousand years ago some folks wanted to cash in on the popularity of the old Roman Feast of Saturnalia so they changed the date. 'Course the Romans stole the original party date from my ancestors, the celts, who had been whooping it up around that date every year since about 5000 years before the Romans. Happy Solstice, everybody!

dradius
12-22-2008, 10:26
(Prior to its celebration as the birthday of Jesus Christ, the 25th of December/winter solstice was claimed as the birthday for a number of other gods and godmen, including the Perso-Roman god Mithra and the Greek god Dionysus. So too, apparently, do we find this annual celebration in Egypt concerning the sun god, which represents the "birth" of the "new sun" after the "old sun" "dies" around December 21st (in the northern hemisphere), lying in his "tomb" or "cave" for three days and on December 25th being "born again.") Oh, and don't forget to go to church this Sun day.

Bulldawg
12-22-2008, 10:27
Hmmmm.....I think that his birthday actually fallls sometime in late September, but about a thousand years ago some folks wanted to cash in on the popularity of the old Roman Feast of Saturnalia so they changed the date. 'Course the Romans stole the original party date from my ancestors, the celts, who had been whooping it up around that date every year since about 5000 years before the Romans. Happy Solstice, everybody!

Merry CHRISTMAS to all the Whiteblaze regulars!!!:banana:D:eek:

sheepdog
12-22-2008, 10:29
and irregulars too I hope.

superman
12-22-2008, 10:44
(Prior to its celebration as the birthday of Jesus Christ, the 25th of December/winter solstice was claimed as the birthday for a number of other gods and godmen, including the Perso-Roman god Mithra and the Greek god Dionysus. So too, apparently, do we find this annual celebration in Egypt concerning the sun god, which represents the "birth" of the "new sun" after the "old sun" "dies" around December 21st (in the northern hemisphere), lying in his "tomb" or "cave" for three days and on December 25th being "born again.") Oh, and don't forget to go to church this Sun day.

You keeping talking that stuff you'll get put on the naughty list...then you'll be sorry.:D

Homer&Marje
12-22-2008, 10:57
Almost perfect - "have to" should be "hafta".

I cant believe I missed that one:D

Tin Man
12-22-2008, 11:33

and irregulars too I hope.

and visitors and lurkers too :sun

flemdawg1
12-22-2008, 11:51
:rolleyes: (You'd think we would be able to pronounce "R", coming from a state that starts with the letter.............:-?.

Why? Ya'll caint'e even spell road currectley.

Tinker
12-22-2008, 12:29

I think I'll leave that one alone. :-? :D

Manwich
12-22-2008, 12:34
the ******** wordfilter seems to be broken.

/humbly requests not to be banned in exchange for how I got around the worldfilter :-p

Alligator
12-22-2008, 12:36
the ******** wordfilter seems to be broken.

/humbly requests not to be banned in exchange for how I got around the worldfilter :-pSometimes you have to kick it;).

Tinker
12-22-2008, 14:23

Rhode Island is named after the Island of Rhodes, in Greek literature.

http://www.greeka.com/dodecanese/rhodes/

Lone Wolf
12-22-2008, 14:26
the official name is State of Rhode Island and Providence Plantations

Tin Man
12-22-2008, 14:34

nametard :)

Tinker
12-22-2008, 14:35

Correct!
Smallest state with longest (official) name.

Hey, look! We've moved from grammar to geography (with a little history thrown in).

Lone Wolf
12-22-2008, 14:36
i know a little about RI since i was born and raised there

Tin Man
12-22-2008, 14:38
i know a little about RI since i was born and raised there

and hopefully lost the accent

MOWGLI
12-22-2008, 14:39
Rhode Island is a great little state. Not the best hiking, but damn, they have some great beaches for swimming, surfing, and surf casting.

Tin Man
12-22-2008, 14:54
the air show at warwick is pretty cool

Lone Wolf
12-22-2008, 14:58
the quahog chili and chowder is damn good at Duffy's
http://www.quahog.com/chili.html

Tin Man
12-22-2008, 15:02
I'll have to check it out next time I am up that way

Tinker
12-22-2008, 15:03

I might have to go there and have a bowl in your honor. :D

Lone Wolf
12-22-2008, 15:06
make sure to get the clam cakes too

Tinker
12-22-2008, 15:15
I love clam cakes. :banana

Homer&Marje
12-22-2008, 20:08

Never been to Duffy's but I hear they are good. Last years Bristol Quahog Festival was fantasticalicious. Yes folks now we are entering into made up words.

If you want the best food though....it's Federal Hill (Not just cause I work there)

It's because if you know how to pronounce Aglio y Olio and know where to go....your a few spoons full of Reggiano away from Heaven...(if you believe in that sort of thing)

And if you've never had Spumoni. Ha. I won't go there. Just order it:D

camojack
12-23-2008, 02:04
Whatever . . .
That sig line o' yours looks sort of familiar, somehow... ;)