PDA

View Full Version : NORTHBOUND!!!2009 Mid to late march!!!, need partner)s

jeremy 931
12-21-2008, 23:35
:welcomeHello My name is Jeremy, i am thru hiking the AT in 2009 sometime from mid to late march. My girlfriend was going to hike with me but she backed out due to personal problems. Im pretty fasy but dont mind slowing the pace if i have to and my scheduele is pretty flexible. Just looking for a partner who doesnt mind a helarious, and sometimes wacky partner. e-mail me @ [email protected] or just message here!!!!

Freeze
12-22-2008, 10:44
You'll probably have at least another 20 people (if not more) starting the same day as you in mid to late march. Plenty of people to hike with, don't need a "formal" partner. Plus that leaves you with just you to worry about.

Lyle
12-22-2008, 11:05
Like Freeze04 said. Don't worry about a partner. That will take care of itself, plus you won't have to worry about adjusting your pace. Most don't believe it, but it's about as hard to slow your natural pace down as it is to try to speed it up - gets very tiring.

Just go out and enjoy!!

Blissful
12-22-2008, 15:43
You'll make new friends on day one. :)

River11
01-25-2009, 16:45
Hey!

I am trying to get a group together.. so far I have three guys and possibly another girl who are all starting around March 15th at Springer.
Let us know if you want to join us!

Becca

Tinker
01-25-2009, 16:48
You will make new friends, lose old ones, travel at different paces, stay in different places, even on a long section hike (remember, a lot of folks don't make it out of Georgia, even). Be flexible, let life happen.

hopey1
01-25-2009, 22:28
well if you don't mind slow..... here I am lol

Lilred
01-25-2009, 23:12
Jeremy, I see you are from Clarksville TN. You might want to look up a member here by the name of Nest. He lives in Nashville and he is also doing a thru hike in March. I think he's about your age. Maybe you two could ride out there together. Anyhow, look him up under Member List and drop him a line.

Also, there is a Nashville WB 3rd annual dinner scheduled for Feb. 14th if you're interested in coming. We do a day hike around Radnor Lake then eat at Ruby Tuesday's afterward. Dinner is at 5. One of your fellow Clarksvillians will be there to make a presentation and talk about his thru hikes. Model T.
Do a forum search for Annual Nashville Dinner. We'd love to have you.

EMAN
01-26-2009, 10:50
Lilred-
I live in Sprinfield. I have searched for a place to hike near there. Have I missed anything or is Beaman Park or the Greenway in Springfield the closest thing to us? Went over to Bledsoe Creek once but the trails there seemed unorganized at best.
Suggestions?

elephanttttt
01-27-2009, 19:01
I live in Massachusetts, and plan on hiking the trail starting early april. i will be 18 years old at that point. give me a shout if you are interested in hiking with me. i love to get in a group.