PDA

View Full Version : Prayer Request!

DawgU
12-22-2008, 13:49
A dear friend of mine (Chris Kimler) found out his 13 year old son Trace has cancer. Trace started Chemo last Friday.

I was speaking with Chris last week and he told me Trace asked him how many people are praying for him. Chris shared a couple of emails with him, and Trace said something like "wow, people in Oklahoma are praying". Chris showed him another one from someone in Maine. Chris said Trace and he have kinda started a game checking off the different states people are praying in.

Please do three things.

1. Pray for Trace, Chris, Amy (Trace's mom), Maddie (little sister), and Cole (little brother. I'm praying for healing, peace, strength, comfort, wisdom, and joy in this Christmas season.

2. Please send me an email with the state you're praying from to [email protected]. I'll compile them and get them to Chris so he can share with Trace.

3. Ask those you know to pray as well.

Thank you!!

Jeff Boone

sheepdog
12-22-2008, 13:57
e-mail sent and prayers as well.

Gorp-Gobbler
12-22-2008, 14:53
Tell Trace that everyone at Community Christian Church in Seymour, IN is praying for him.

Tinker
12-22-2008, 15:26
Email sent your way, prayers sent via the One who answers them.
Love never fails. (It may not take the form we expect it to, but it never fails :)).

Blissful
12-22-2008, 15:37
I'm so sorry to hear this. Tell him someone from VA is thinking and praying for him to get better very soon.

HikerRanky
12-22-2008, 16:24
Sorry to hear about this, but prayers and fasting from White House, TN being sent up on their behalf... Email has also been sent.

Randy

WalkingStick75
12-22-2008, 19:56
Prayers for Trace and the entire family

RedneckRye
12-23-2008, 02:33
As good of a cause as this may or may not be, isn't the Non-AT Forum a better place for stuff like this?

Sailor (The other one)
12-23-2008, 05:32
Prayers and email sent.

DawgU
12-24-2008, 17:41
Update!!

I received this from Chris:

These are awesome!! Thanks so much for doing this. Trace will be thrilled. We are finishing his first weekend of chemo and he did fantastic. We have a biopsy on his lung at 11 and then hopefully we can go home. Thanks again for everything and have a Merry Christmas.

He also sent me another email that said they are printing out all the emails I'm forwarding and putting them in Trace's "Battle Book". I haven't figured out how to get them copies of the responses/private messages to the message boards, but I'm working on it

God is good! We've already received emails (not counting posts on the message boards) from people in 36 states and 2 countries.

Thank you all so much for your prayers. Please ask those you know to pray as well. Please continue to send me emails at [email protected]. I'm forwarding them to Chris and Trace. We still need 14 states, and a world of countries.

The prayers and encouraging words we've received have been unbelieveable. God bless you all, and I hope you and yours have a very merry Christmas!

Jeff Boone

Cookerhiker
12-24-2008, 17:52
E-mail and prayers sent from Western MD.

Autumnwind
12-24-2008, 18:06
Sending healing prayers from Northern Maine. Looking to Katahdin to send healing to this young man and his family. Positive thoughts of healing to his lungs and his body for strength and comfort. A Christmas wish for full recovery.
Take Care,
Autumnwind
Katahdin View Maine
:sun

Manwich
12-25-2008, 11:08
Does Trace hike?

johnnybgood
12-25-2008, 19:42
Will put Traces' name on my churchs prayer list Sunday. Let Trace know central Virginia is praying for him .
God Bless !

J5man
12-25-2008, 21:45
Prayers sent from VA!