PDA

View Full Version : Proplem with Vasque Velocity shoe

WalkingStick75
12-22-2008, 21:04
Early summer 08 I purchased a pair of Vasque® Velocity VST Trail Running Shoes (http://www.gandermountain.com/modperl/product/details.cgi?i=403236&pdesc=Vasque_Velocity_VST_Trail_Running_Shoes&cname=Hiking-Footwear&aID=502A7&merchID=4006&r=view) only while on my first trip with them I started to notice a swishing sound that has progressively worsen. The other day I finally realized that the soles were falling off, the center of the sole was loose and with each step air was swishing out the sides of the shoes.

I purchased these at Gander Mountain Sports with my reciept they refunded my purchase without any problems at all.

Has anyone else expierenced problems with these shoes? I liked them but hesitate to purchase another pair.

Richard Snider
12-22-2008, 22:30
I have a pair that do squeak but I haven't had any other problems. From what I've seen online is the major complaint is with the squeak. I haven't heard of any problems of the coming apart. You may have just gotten a bad shoe. I am a long time Vasque user and haven't had any problems. I retired a set of Sundowners after 6 years of heavy trail use & I'm now on my 2nd year of a pair of Summit GTX that are my favorite all time boot. I have a pair of Vasque Clarions for daily wear and for shoes the Vasque Kota shoes which are one of my favorite shoes.

Wise Old Owl
12-22-2008, 23:04
I don't see a problem .... Did you look at the location of manufacture? Doesn't matter if it is electronics or sneakers ... it still carries a label of poor manufacture & quality control ( five letters )

What is important is Gander took care of you.

Jack Tarlin
12-23-2008, 15:45
I think you just encountered a bad pair of shoes.

The Velocity has proven to be a VERY popular shoe over the past few years, and until the Montrail Hardrock came along, it was probably the most popular shoe amongst thru-hikers.

But your letter is instructive: People should save receipts for major purchases, and should whenever possible, shop locally. Local stores, especially independent ones or smaller chains tend to give the best customer service, and will generally go the extra mile in order to keep their customers happy.

soad
12-23-2008, 21:54
I love my Velocitys but I cannot stand the squeaking. When indoors in a quiet area you can hear me coming from a mile away :mad:

WalkingStick75
12-24-2008, 10:35
A couple WB users here have said they hear squeaking, I could hear the squeaking for weeks before I realized what was happening. I would recommend push the the center of the heal area. Mine developed a "bubble" in that area with the air being pushed out a hole on the side of the shoe between the sole and the bottom of the shoe.

Yes I did like the shoe but will probably go back to a low boot style.