PDA

View Full Version : Finishing my SOBO hike, NY-GA in February!

Wyrm
12-23-2008, 00:30
Yeah you read it right. I had to leave the AT back in Sept. and I am going to continue my SOBO hike on Friday the 13th, February 2009. It's just the best day to hit all my mail drops on weekdays and still finish in less than a calander year. Just checking to see if anyone is heading south from Harpers Ferry around mid March. Going to be a bit lonely out there in the middle of winter and wouldn't mind some company.

Aiwix
12-23-2008, 22:14
Hey. I had to have my appendix burst so that I could go home for Christmas. I plan on getting back on the trail around Jan 15th in NY/NJ to finish my SOBO hike as well. I have been going kind of slow Ha. Is your trail name Wyrm?

have a good one,
Z

Wyrm
12-24-2008, 03:29
Yeah, my trail name is Wyrm. About how many miles have you been doing per day? Your going to be a good bit ahead of me unless your moving real slow or I move really quick. Either way I hope to see ya out there.

freebird'08
01-11-2009, 20:40
I to will be leaving around mid to end of Feb. I am getting on at the 501 shelter in PA. I was doing 20 to 25 a day. I am not sure my speed now do to this back injury which is still nagging me but want to finish my sobo. Drop me a line let me know when you think you will be in that area maybe we can hook up. I don't care when I leave in feb as long as it is after the 15.