PDA

View Full Version : Who will attend TrailDays this year?

MedicineMan
04-12-2004, 22:57
I generally find myself hiking versus going but was thinking if a lot of Whitblaze members are attending I will try to make it just to meet everybody.

Hammock Hanger
04-13-2004, 04:00
I'll be there... Sue/HH

MedicineMan
04-13-2004, 04:11
Do you know if there is a section for hammockhanging in Damascus/TrailDays?
Picture one post in the ground and 12 feet a way in a radial pattern 5 more posts, then repeat this a couple of times---hammock city!
We will be getting off the trail either at BuenaVista or Bearwallow and will try to drive down....
I assume there will be a Whiteblaze tent/table?

Hammock Hanger
04-13-2004, 04:14
There are plenty of trees down at the Hiker Ghetto. I snaged the only 2 trees at The Place last year. Alas I doubt I will get there in time this year. Sue/HH

chris
04-13-2004, 08:32
I'll be hiking instead.

squirrel bait
04-13-2004, 08:44
Leaving May 1st/2nd from Erwin heading north.

Lone Wolf
04-13-2004, 08:47
I ain't got a choice. I live in Damascus. I suppose I could leave for the week.

Jaybird
04-13-2004, 11:00
i will get to EXPERIENCE TRAIL DAYS 2004 in person this year for the 1st time!

my wife ("D-bird") & I will arrive friday night & take in a few of the festivities in Damascus before heading to our rented cabin a few miles south of town....take in all of saturdays events....then drive back to Nashville on Sunday.

Hope to see/meet a load of WhiteBlazers there! (including L.W.) :D

Footslogger
04-13-2004, 11:01
Just got my flights ...darn long trip from Wyoming.

Looking forward to seeing some '03ers and just plain hangin out with the hiking crowd.

'Slogger

A-Train
04-13-2004, 18:11
I'll be here. I'm banking on a couple of you maybe giving me a little lesson/adivce help on setting up my hammock since I lack the trees and time so far, at school. Otherwise I'll be a shelter dweller on the LT this year, which im hoping not to be. :)

Hammock Hanger
04-13-2004, 18:45
I'll be here. I'm banking on a couple of you maybe giving me a little lesson/adivce help on setting up my hammock since I lack the trees and time so far, at school. Otherwise I'll be a shelter dweller on the LT this year, which im hoping not to be. :)
Of course we'll show you. Love to convert a tenter/shelter rat!! :jump Sue/HH

Cedar Tree
04-13-2004, 18:55
Everyone please Drop by the Packa SuperCenter.
Mention WhiteBlaze and get a free pot cozy, custom made while you wait.
Cedar Tree

warren doyle
04-13-2004, 18:55
Doing the slide/music show and storytelling session on Thursday evening. Attending my wife's graduation on Friday. Doing "Circle of Dreams" and another storytelling session on Saturday between the traditional half-gallon parade 'float' and the first-time ever Saturday night contra dance. Renewing my marriage vows atop Stone Mountain in NC on Sunday. So, I will be Damascus Thursday evening and all day on Saturday.

Hammock Hanger
04-13-2004, 19:07
Ed & Warren look forward to seeing you both. Sue/HH

Chappy
04-13-2004, 19:54
I ain't got a choice. I live in Damascus. I suppose I could leave for the week.
Maybe you could rent out your yard like folks in Augusta, GA, rent out their homes during Masters week. ;)

Tom For Short
04-13-2004, 20:20
We plan on being in Damascus from Thrusday through Sunday. Hope to see you all there. Tom for Short and Seneca Lou

Mausalot
04-13-2004, 22:53
On Thursday at 12pm, Rock School Auditorium, a free screening of 2000 Miles to Maine. So I will be there 'in spirit' (Unless my some miracle I can get there in person.)

If anyone wants to find our website, tell them to check out WhiteBlaze or Google Search: 2000 Miles to Maine. The movie is available for screening at hiking events, gatherings, meetings, what-have-you. Drop me a line of interested.

Peace
:dance
Cameraman

PS Is anyone who is IN the movie going to be at Trail Days?

jollies
04-13-2004, 22:55
I'll be there, but the question is....will I recognize anyone or will they recognize me when we are clean and don't have beards???? :jump

Jack Tarlin
04-14-2004, 09:06
Looking forward to DRIVING in to town for a change, and also looking forward to seeing many of you there.

Jaybird
04-14-2004, 10:36
I'll be there, but the question is....will I recognize anyone or will they recognize me when we are clean and don't have beards???? :jump

"DITTO" for me too!

(except...i'll still have my grey beard)
hehehehehehehe! :D

just look for the guy with a cap & Hawaiian shirt!
(that'll be me!)

flyfisher
04-14-2004, 19:35
I'll be hiking the Springer - Smokys section.

TankHiker
04-16-2004, 10:22
I just bought my plane tickets!
I can't wait to see the class of '03 again.

-Tank

Peep
04-16-2004, 11:12
I'll be there (1st time) and looking forward to meeting all of you. Hiking south from Grayson Highlands - should be there Friday.

mdjeeper
04-16-2004, 11:23
unfortunately, the 15th is a MANDATORY work day for us here at my office.. so no traildays for me, though will be up on Mt. Moosilauke that sunday :)

Mausalot
04-16-2004, 12:16
Tank: what airline and where is the nearest airport? (and cost?)

Cameraman :dance

Jack Tarlin
04-16-2004, 12:28
I might be wrong, but I suspect the nearest airport is Tri-Cities Regional, which services Bristol, Kingsport, and Johnson City. For more info on carriers and costs, go to www.triflight.com Otherwise, you might look at Norfolk.

TankHiker
04-16-2004, 14:07
Yeah, Johnson City is the closest. However, we found tickets into Raleigh for less than half the price. So, we're going to rent a car and drive from Raleigh to Damascus. Knoxville may be quite a bit cheaper too.

-Tank

Footslogger
04-16-2004, 14:51
Knoxville may be cheaper for some Tank ...but not from Denver. Besides, you have to fly into Atlanta and connect on a lot of the flights anyway.

I'm coming straight in to Atlanta and driving up.

'Slogger

loonyhiker
04-19-2004, 21:46
Hubby and I will be staying at The Maples for the weekend. I'll be looking for y'all! I guess I will run up to hammock hangers and say: Are you Sue??? Of course, hubby will just roll his eyes as usual (he's kind of shy).

Hammock Hanger
04-20-2004, 10:54
Hubby and I will be staying at The Maples for the weekend. I'll be looking for y'all! I guess I will run up to hammock hangers and say: Are you Sue??? Of course, hubby will just roll his eyes as usual (he's kind of shy).
When I was hiking that is where my hubby and I stayed. (In the apartment over the garage.)

No sense in being shy, run on up and find me. :jump Sue/HH

Hammock Hanger
04-20-2004, 10:58
JOLLIES: I have shaved my legs and pits but refused to shave my beard!!:bse Sue/HH

TJ aka Teej
04-20-2004, 13:46
Gee whiz.. don't you all know that Baxter opens for over night camping on the 15th?? I'll be at Hurd Brook the 14th, and at Katahdin Stream the 15th and 16th, enjoying Maine as she wakes from a long winter's nap.
Have fun, and travel safe to and from TDs everyone!

windwalker
04-20-2004, 17:31
at this late date any ideas as to where I can stay? hammock or tent are options but where to go? Probably come up friday.

Skyline
04-20-2004, 18:22
Hiking sobo from Massie Gap Wed.>Fri. with my dawg Savannah and maybe a newbie who after all these years wants to see what it is I am so obsessed about. May stay with friends who live nearby or camp at the Hiker Ghetto.

Anyone else hiking sobo the same days?

Hammock Hanger
04-20-2004, 20:02
at this late date any ideas as to where I can stay? hammock or tent are options but where to go? Probably come up friday.
If you are willing to tent there will probably be room in the yard next to The Place. Also there is always the Hiker Ghetto (the actual campground set aside for the hikers during this event.) Sue/HH