PDA

View Full Version : Christmas Eve

Ron Haven
12-24-2008, 00:35
This thread will pass quickly but this I want to say.I hope Santa comes to the rescue with everything you dream of.I hope love and joy enters your Christmas season for your family and friends.To those of you that don't personally know me I hope to meet you one day soon and enjoy talking of the trail or trail experiences.Please pass love throughout your community and compassion to everyone you meet.Happy holidays to you and yours from our family to yours this holiday season.The Ron Haven Family,and the staffs at Budget Inn (http://havensbudgetinn.com) and Sapphire Inn (http://thesapphireinn.com) of Franklin,NC God Bless

:sun

Spogatz
12-24-2008, 01:36
Merry Christmas everyone!!!

Wise Old Owl
12-24-2008, 01:44
Yes Happy Big White Out everyone!

SteveJ
12-24-2008, 11:40
Merry Christmas, Ron!

SawnieRobertson
12-24-2008, 13:04
Merry Christmas, Ron and family. Three of my New Year's wishes are that I will finally meet you and that I will be a-hikin' and will be a-usin' your many services this year. Be of good cheer, that New Year is practically here.--Kinnickinic

peanuts
12-24-2008, 13:20
merry christmas ron and family....
see ya soon:)

Tennessee Viking
12-24-2008, 13:38
Remember to leave Santa power bars and water by the shelter or tent tonight.

TrippinBTM
12-24-2008, 13:45
Thanks man. Same to you!

Mags
12-24-2008, 14:49
As with previous years, I am tagging along with my friends for what they swear is an ancient Jewish custom: Chinese food and a movie on Christmas Eve.

In their ancient homeland (the boroughs of New York ;) ), as Santa was delivering presents to all the good goyim below, the members of the tribe would gather for won ton soup, egg rolls and chow mein followed by the latest production from Hollywood.

The Denver - Boulder corridor is home to many transplants for other distant lands (the corn land of Iowa, the sun baked lands of Texas, the steel producing lands of Michigan, the distant and small spot to the east called Rhode Island) and have a variety of beliefs:
Buddhist converts. New Age people of various stripes (tree worshiping? Goddess worshiping? Vaguely defined spiritual force that sound suspiciously monotheistic in nature? ) The odd Christian here and there. And cranky ex-Catholics of Italian descent who still suffer from a butt load of Catholic guilt. ;)

So this motley crew partakes in this ancient Jewish custom of Chinese food and a movie.

And in our own polyglot way, we get to the meaning of all the holidays: Celebrating and being with the people who mean the most in your current life.

Happy Holidays all!

Lion King
12-24-2008, 14:56
As
So this motley crew partakes in this ancient Jewish custom of Chinese food and a movie.

Happy Holidays all!

I must be semi-jewish

Merry Christmas no matter what you think you believe in everybody.

Micky
12-24-2008, 15:10
Merry Christmas Y'all:banana

d'shadow
12-24-2008, 16:18
Happy holiday to everyone who is celebrating this year, hope you recieve your hearts delight:sun

TrippinBTM
12-24-2008, 18:17
I've definitely heard of the Jewish tradition of Chinese food on Christmas Eve. I wish I was a Jew; I love Chinese food...

Mags
12-24-2008, 18:31
I've definitely heard of the Jewish tradition of Chinese food on Christmas Eve. I wish I was a Jew; I love Chinese food...

I am not Jewish, but enjoy celebrating a holiday with my Jewish friends. :)

Here's what we used to do on Christmas Eve growing up:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Feast_of_the_seven_fishes

I miss it... the edible fruitcake mentioned in a previous thread was served for dessert along with torrone (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Turr%C3%B3n). Can see the Arabic influence in the gene pool through the food. :)

Like many people, I tend to get nostalgic this time of the year. :o

solo29
12-24-2008, 18:34
merry christmas everyone

cowboy nichols
12-24-2008, 18:56
Merry Christmas and Happy Hiking to everyone

Ron Haven
12-24-2008, 21:41
merry christmas ron and family....
see ya soon:)
Thanks very much

Merry Christmas, Ron and family. Three of my New Year's wishes are that I will finally meet you and that I will be a-hikin' and will be a-usin' your many services this year. Be of good cheer, that New Year is practically here.--KinnickinicThanks,and I will be looking forward to meeting you too.

Merry Christmas, Ron!Thanks very much.

bikerscars
12-24-2008, 21:56
:sunjumping on the wagon i'd like to wish a happy and healthy year ahead for everyone:D

SteveJ
12-24-2008, 22:49
As with previous years, I am tagging along with my friends for what they swear is an ancient Jewish custom: Chinese food and a movie on Christmas Eve.<clip>

We do Mexican and a movie...this year my wife selected the movie - 7 pounds.....

Jesus....a movie about planned suicide on Christmas Eve! I think I'll have another drink to try to get back in the mood.....

Alligator
12-25-2008, 00:54
I made vegetable tempura. My wife made stuffed mushrooms. Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays to all.

Angee
12-25-2008, 01:40
Merry Christmas and a very Happy New Year to all!

Angee

Egads
12-25-2008, 10:12
Merry Christmas Whiteblaze

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pn10FF-FQfs&feature=related

Bearpaw
12-25-2008, 10:19
Wee fish ewe a mare Egrets-moose,

And a hippo gnu year!

All the best to every one! :banana