PDA

View Full Version : Need to contact hiker/author Buddy Newell - "You Won't Get to Maine..."

RITBlake
12-25-2008, 03:18
We thru hiked SOBO in 2005. After my hike I had to immediately pack things and move myself back to Rochester. Needless to say things were a bit hectic and a few things might have gotten lost in the shuffle.

Tonight I returned home to Cheshire, Connecticut and on my bed was a book entitled "You Won't Get to Maine Unless you Hike in the Rain." I figured that a neighbor or family friend had dropped it off knowing I hiked the AT.

Well I open the book and inside the front cover is a personal inscription from the author. He mentions that we "are in Mass. now" meaning that he was following our hike and our progress which is great...but I don't recall meeting this man, but you meet so many people during a hike it's 100% possible. If we met, maybe my memory would be jarred w/ a location, a shelter or a hostel. I also don't remember receiving or seeing this book in the past. My dad said he found it and threw it on my bed.

Anyway...I found all this kind of odd, but I feel bad that I never got to thank him for the book. Anyone know how I can reach him? I read the first half tonight during midnight mass!

rlharris
12-25-2008, 14:55
Most publishers will forward mail addressed to their authors to the respective author. I believe the book in question was published by Bondcliff Books (4 Eames Way, Littleton, NH 03561). You could send an email to them first ([email protected]) to ascertain if they will forward your thank you for you.

RITBlake
12-29-2008, 00:46
<bump> <bump>