PDA

View Full Version : Lone Wolf - Trail Angel?

SouthMark
12-26-2008, 16:05
LW, are you the trail angel mentioned in William Schuette's book White Blaze Fever that left a six-pack of old Milwaukee in the creek just before SBF?

Lone Wolf
12-26-2008, 16:10
Sbf?

SouthMark
12-26-2008, 16:18
Standing Bear Farm.

Lone Wolf
12-26-2008, 16:22
oh, ok. back in 2000 i was camped at mtn. mommas and someone brought me a 12 pack. drinking alcohol wasn't allowed there so when i hiked out of there i packed out six and left 6 in a stream just before I 40

SouthMark
12-26-2008, 16:23
Quote from book "I crossed a creek with a six-pack of Old Milwaukke's best lying in it, along with a note from Lone Wolf saying 'Have a great day!' I'd met Lone Wolf earlier in the hike. He new a great deal about the trail"

SouthMark
12-26-2008, 16:26
Yea 2000, the year of his thru.

Lone Wolf
12-26-2008, 16:30
guess it was me then :)

Kirby
12-26-2008, 19:41
Your telling me that crabby old bafoon actually does nice things for people?;)

Kirby

snowhoe
12-26-2008, 19:49
In 2006 he actually gave me an old milwauke at neels gap. Hes like santa clause. Clause he loves beer.

Ron Haven
12-26-2008, 19:57
guess it was me then :)If it had been PBR or Bud Lite he would not have left it.

Wise Old Owl
12-26-2008, 22:45
Free beer

ed bell
12-26-2008, 23:08
Honesty, integrity,.......ect..... who knew????:sun

Kirby
12-27-2008, 15:53
It was fun listening to Gypsy school him in Dot's as I was eating the best damn burger on the trail.

Kirby

Nicksaari
12-27-2008, 17:58
LW seems to be an illusive, magical creature. ive offered to buy this guy beer before i i were ever in damascus, and he gave me the cold shoulder. ive never met the man in the flesh, but from what i gather from WB, he does a lot for the trail and the trail community, and is a figurehead of some sort in damascus. the george bailey of SW VA.
and i would still be honored to buy this guy a few sierra nevada's, and let him taste the better side of life outside of domestic brew.
thats awesome (as we say in Va Beach) that he got mentioned in a book, may sprinkle the land and creeks with beer. forever. and ever. hats off to you, THE Lone Wolf...

Lone Wolf
12-27-2008, 22:04
LW seems to be an illusive, magical creature. ive offered to buy this guy beer before i i were ever in damascus, and he gave me the cold shoulder. ive never met the man in the flesh, but from what i gather from WB, he does a lot for the trail and the trail community, and is a figurehead of some sort in damascus. the george bailey of SW VA.
and i would still be honored to buy this guy a few sierra nevada's, and let him taste the better side of life outside of domestic brew.
thats awesome (as we say in Va Beach) that he got mentioned in a book, may sprinkle the land and creeks with beer. forever. and ever. hats off to you, THE Lone Wolf...

love you too nick. i'm just a fat, drunken, washed up hiker wannabe that lives on the AT in a trail town. i'm easy to find. look forward to that busch light

Cool AT Breeze
12-28-2008, 20:28
Wolf, if your'e drinking at Dot's, It's Bud. At least it was when I was there.

No Belay
12-28-2008, 21:09
That must of been before Bud was bought out by the foreigners that fired several thousand American workers (and their families). Most patriots quit drinking Bud swill after that. Course I'm from Missouri so I might be biased.
DRINK American

Ron Haven
12-29-2008, 00:00
Wolf, if your'e drinking at Dot's, It's Bud. At least it was when I was there.When I'm in Damascus I have to be careful when I drink beer at Dot'd.The dang things seems to leak down too fast and something they put in their beer there seems to make drunk.:rolleyes:

warraghiyagey
12-29-2008, 18:10
Wolf shared his coffee with me once

Jack Tarlin
12-29-2008, 18:34
Yeah? Hope you've had all your shots. :D

warraghiyagey
12-29-2008, 18:47
:d

RITBlake
12-29-2008, 19:11
It was fun listening to Gypsy school him in Dot's as I was eating the best damn burger on the trail.

Kirby

How did you smuggle a burger from White House Landing in to Dots?

Bare Bear
12-30-2008, 02:51
LW! I am surprised after your previous comments about Trail Magic......alcohol abuse, left abandoned in a water shed. Litter! Right after you left a SHELTER???

Lone Wolf
12-30-2008, 05:26
there was no alcohol abuse. it was 6 cans in a very small creek near the interstate and the filthy pigeon river. never did it before or since. i didn't just leave a SHELTER! i just left mtn. mommas

bulldog49
12-30-2008, 12:52
That must of been before Bud was bought out by the foreigners that fired several thousand American workers (and their families). Most patriots quit drinking Bud swill after that. Course I'm from Missouri so I might be biased.
DRINK American

My daughter-in-law works for Anhueser-Busch, still, so I continue to buy their products. They still employee more American workers than any other Brewer.

If you refuse to buy beer from foreign owned brewers, you don't have many brands to choose from, Sam Adams is the only major one I'm aware of.
Coors is part of Molsons and Miller has been owned by South Africans for years.

By the way, how did Invbev fire their American workers' families? :confused:

sheepdog
12-30-2008, 20:57
there was no alcohol abuse. it was 6 cans in a very small creek near the interstate and the filthy pigeon river. never did it before or since. i didn't just leave a SHELTER! i just left mtn. mommas

There were things I've done in the past that I don't do now. I now think they are wrong. You will feel better if you just admit that you left the beer in the creek and you think it is wrong now.

Mrs Baggins
12-30-2008, 21:00
love you too nick. i'm just a fat, drunken, washed up hiker wannabe that lives on the AT in a trail town. i'm easy to find. look forward to that busch light

Can I have an Amen?! Okay.......I was dared to do it. :D

Bulldawg
12-30-2008, 21:02
Can I have an Amen?! Okay.......I was dared to do it. :D

What did you win? How did you quote LW, I thought you had him on ignore??

No Belay
12-30-2008, 23:18
My daughter-in-law works for Anhueser-Busch, still, so I continue to buy their products. They still employee more American workers than any other Brewer.

If you refuse to buy beer from foreign owned brewers, you don't have many brands to choose from, Sam Adams is the only major one I'm aware of.

By the way, how did Invbev fire their American workers' families? :confused:

There are thousand of Local and Regional micro-breweries in America all owned, operated, and employing Americans. Better quality and variety.

When InvBev fires an employee they in a sense fire the entire family. Loss of income, health benifits, and self worth is not just experienced by the trashed employee but the entire family. If that is not apparent then yes you are :confused:.

Lone Wolf
12-31-2008, 03:58
You will feel better if you just admit that you left the beer in the creek

i left the beer in the creek. i didn't feel bad then, and don't feel bad now, dr. phil :rolleyes:

mweinstone
12-31-2008, 07:52
whats all this then love?

mweinstone
12-31-2008, 08:00
hey wolf. got chick will be humping this life after all. bearpaw and me did the deed. unionized. commanded each others attentions. felt her up.and to compleet my post,.....who starts a thread about beer? duh.

mweinstone
12-31-2008, 08:02
ive left lwolf in creeks and nobody said anything.

sheepdog
12-31-2008, 09:52
i left the beer in the creek. i didn't feel bad then, and don't feel bad now, dr. phil :rolleyes:
Sorry I confused you with the guy that says it is never ok to leave unattended trail magic no matter what. My bad.

Lone Wolf
12-31-2008, 09:53
Sorry I confused you with the guy that says it is never ok to leave unattended trail magic no matter what. My bad.

correct

Blue Jay
12-31-2008, 10:52

I hate to tell you this but a month or so ago Anhueser-Busch was bought by a Dutch firm. I could be wrong about the country but I'm sure it was foreign. It kind of makes their commercials really silly. You could switch to the best beer on earth and oldest American Beer, Yuengling Black & Tan:welcome

TOW
12-31-2008, 10:59
Yeah? Hope you've had all your shots. :DI was going to say something..............

TOW
12-31-2008, 11:01
There were things I've done in the past that I don't do now. I now think they are wrong. You will feel better if you just admit that you left the beer in the creek and you think it is wrong now.
there are a lot of things we all have done that we think no one else should do...........

SouthMark
12-31-2008, 11:03
.....who starts a thread about beer duh.

Actually the thread was not started about beer but about LW being the trail angel mentioned in the book "Whiteblaze Fever." Sorry LW, should have just sent PM. Never imagined that the subject would take on this kind of life.

Lone Wolf
12-31-2008, 11:23
Sorry LW, should have just sent PM. Never imagined that the subject would take on this kind of life.

typical whiteblaze. so many sniffers chiming in. it's cool :)

Lone Wolf
12-31-2008, 11:24
I hate to tell you this but a month or so ago Anhueser-Busch was bought by a Dutch firm. I could be wrong about the country but I'm sure it was foreign. It kind of makes their commercials really silly. You could switch to the best beer on earth and oldest American Beer, Yuengling Black & Tan:welcome

Stella Artois. Belgium

the goat
12-31-2008, 11:29
best beer on earth = guinness

Lone Wolf
12-31-2008, 11:32
best beer on earth = guinness

that ain't beer, it's motor oil and only 4% alc. and people pay $5+ for a pint of that sludge

Yukon
12-31-2008, 11:34
that ain't beer, it's motor oil and only 4% alc. and people pay $5+ for a pint of that sludge

I love guiness!! Come on Wolf, don't put down my winter beer! :(

the goat
12-31-2008, 11:35

damn tasty though.

alc. % doesn't concern me much, if i'm trying to get drunk, i go for natty or busch every time.

MOWGLI
12-31-2008, 11:36
I still like my artsy beer. Fat Tire, Sierra Nevada, anything brewed by Highland Brewing Co. in Asheville, and Arrogant Bastard Ale (suits me well). :D Life is too short to drink bad coffee or mediocre beer.

Lone Wolf
12-31-2008, 11:37
I still like my artsy beer. Fat Tire, Sierra Nevada, anything brewed by Highland Brewing Co. in Asheville, and Arrogant Bastard Ale (suits me well). :D Life is too short to drink bad coffee or mediocre beer.

thought you was "in recovery"

the goat
12-31-2008, 11:39

sierra navada is pretty good.

ever try hopdevil pale ale made by victory brewing co.? it's by far my favorite pale ale, and the hoppiest.

Yukon
12-31-2008, 11:41
I'm still digging the Long Trail company alot, they have a pretty good selection of different beers...you like any Lon Trail beers Wolf? I ask you since this thread is in fact about you....

FatMan
12-31-2008, 11:47
I still like my artsy beer. Fat Tire, Sierra Nevada, anything brewed by Highland Brewing Co. in Asheville, and Arrogant Bastard Ale (suits me well). :D Life is too short to drink bad coffee or mediocre beer.You have excellent taste in beer. Have you tried the Sweetwater 420? I have a keg on tap as I write.:)

MOWGLI
12-31-2008, 11:51
thought you was "in recovery"

I started drinking beer in moderation in the summer of 2007. Lo & behold, I seem to be doing alright, although the extra calories are a killer.

MOWGLI
12-31-2008, 11:52
You have excellent taste in beer. Have you tried the Sweetwater 420? I have a keg on tap as I write.:)

I have. Pretty good. We have a beverage center here in Chattanooga that sells it in growlers.

MOWGLI
12-31-2008, 11:53
ever try hopdevil pale ale made by victory brewing co.? it's by far my favorite pale ale, and the hoppiest.

No, but I like hoppy beers, so I'll have to give it a try.

Dances with Mice
12-31-2008, 11:59
You have excellent taste in beer. Have you tried the Sweetwater 420? I have a keg on tap as I write.:)Y'know, I might be in your area tomorrow with a little time to kill...

FatMan
12-31-2008, 12:04
Y'know, I might be in your area tomorrow with a little time to kill...You are more than welcome to stop by. But I figured you would be worn out from all the excitement of the Possum Drop.

Scrapes
12-31-2008, 12:23
http://www.legendslimited.com/skull.html

Its a hell of an LW likeness, could it be?

The legend grows............SkullSplitter, not a good hiking beer, made my legs go numb..........ummmmm beer.

daddytwosticks
12-31-2008, 14:46
The Possum Drop...just live a few miles away...always wanted to go! :) Happy New Year to all.

sam4msu
12-31-2008, 15:13
I get to Chattanooga fairly often. Where is this Beverage Center you speak of???

MOWGLI
12-31-2008, 15:19
I get to Chattanooga fairly often. Where is this Beverage Center you speak of???

Riverside Beverage Company
600 Manufacturers Rd
Chattanooga, TN 37405
(423) 267-4305‎

Lugnut
12-31-2008, 15:32
http://www.legendslimited.com/skull.html

Its a hell of an LW likeness, could it be?

Too neatly dressed for Wolf.

kilroy
01-06-2009, 00:40
I have. Pretty good. We have a beverage center here in Chattanooga that sells it in growlers.

I live in Atlanta, and have tried (and love) every beer SweetWater makes and have even toured the brewery more than once, but I've never seen 420 in a growler. I'm going to make the trip to Chattanooga just to pick some up.

And to go further off-topic, have you had the seasonal Road Trip? Very similar to 420 on the backend, but very light up front. Hummer is another personal favorite...

Chaco Taco
05-06-2009, 21:45
You should see what Wolf can do to a chicken. We all could learn alot from LW:cool:

Lugnut
05-06-2009, 21:58
Does the chicken object?

mweinstone
05-07-2009, 06:23
***? who started this gay thread?lwolfs a angel? man. im done. thats it. no more trail for me thank you. lwolfs an angel? damm! that really blows my small and damaged mind into a new space filled with sharp hurty things tearing at my brainfleash leaveing only shards of bloody mess. i need gypsy to tell me its not so. lwolf not mean and grumpy? never! but if in fact by some accedental twisted fate twist lonewolf has changed,...then id like to say goodby sir. i loved the man he was. not no stinkin trail angel givein love an crap. man this is sucky news.

Homer&Marje
05-07-2009, 06:30
Isn't leaving beer cans in a river considered littering? Full or not?:-?:rolleyes:

TOW
05-07-2009, 06:35
Isn't leaving beer cans in a river considered littering? Full or not?:-?:rolleyes:Isn't reminding us of the fact littering as well?

CowHead
05-07-2009, 06:37
Your telling me that crabby old bafoon actually does nice things for people?;)

Kirby

He must have been under the influence

Homer&Marje
05-07-2009, 06:39
Isn't reminding us of the fact littering as well?

I'm sorry.....What?

TOW
05-07-2009, 06:46
I'm sorry.....What?
When??????

Chaco Taco
05-07-2009, 09:55
Just goes to show, old thread or new thread, people have to start an arguement about everything.

Alligator
05-07-2009, 09:56
Just goes to show, old thread or new thread, people have to start an arguement about everything.That's just not true.

Chaco Taco
05-07-2009, 09:58
That's just not true.
Yes it is. Seeeeee:sun

Lone Wolf
05-07-2009, 10:10
Isn't leaving beer cans in a river considered littering? Full or not?:-?:rolleyes:

yes it is but unlike you i'm man enough to admit my mistakes

Chaco Taco
05-07-2009, 10:17
Yeah? Hope you've had all your shots. :D

Yea and how many times have we traded whiskey? You aint got much room to talk there BJ

Homer&Marje
05-07-2009, 10:17
yes it is but unlike you i'm man enough to admit my mistakes

I've made tons of mistakes. Need me to make a list?

Lone Wolf
05-07-2009, 10:21
I've made tons of mistakes. Need me to make a list?

could care less. the only reason you pointed out that i left beer in a stream is to get an angry response out of me. you're a lousy troll

Chaco Taco
05-07-2009, 10:23
So much for trying to have a little fun around here. geeeeeeeeeezz

Lone Wolf
05-07-2009, 10:24
So much for trying to have a little fun around here. geeeeeeeeeezz

thank homey. he's always gotta flex

The Old Fhart
05-07-2009, 10:25
Any time I've seen beer left in streams along the A.T. I've also seen environmentally concerned hikers removing it.:D

Chaco Taco
05-07-2009, 10:27
thank homey. he's always gotta flex

No problem brosef!!!:D
And flex what? Seems like he aint got nuffin:eek::eek::)

Alligator
05-07-2009, 10:28
Any time I've seen beer left in streams along the A.T. I've also seen environmentally concerned hikers removing it.:DThat's the number one reason I joined Beer First!, to remove cold beer from streams.

Chaco Taco
05-07-2009, 10:35
That's the number one reason I joined Beer First!, to remove cold beer from streams.

Esp really really cold beer!

Homer&Marje
05-07-2009, 10:45
OH NO! I've upset the online community again. I might as well take the rest of the afternoon to go to work and think about what I've done.

No one can take a joke around here if it strikes the wrong nerve. That's the problem. Sorry you fairy ****s are so sensitive.

Heater
05-07-2009, 10:51
OH NO! I've upset the online community again. I might as well take the rest of the afternoon to go to work and think about what I've done.

No one can take a joke around here if it strikes the wrong nerve. That's the problem. Sorry you fairy ****s are so sensitive.

OK... See you tomorrow ****wit. :D

Lone Wolf
05-07-2009, 11:10

you've got a problem that needs addressing. start by growing up

Lone Wolf
05-07-2009, 11:16
you've got a problem that needs addressing. start by growing up

and surely you can come up with a better insult than fairy asses :rolleyes:

Chaco Taco
05-07-2009, 11:16

Pot callin the kettle black ya panzy:D

CowHead
05-07-2009, 11:23
oh, ok. back in 2000 i was camped at mtn. mommas and someone brought me a 12 pack. drinking alcohol wasn't allowed there so when i hiked out of there i packed out six and left 6 in a stream just before I 40

I hiking the Maryland section in July Long Wolf you can leave cold beer anywhere you like and i'll carried the empties out

Homer&Marje
05-07-2009, 14:53
Pot callin the kettle black ya panzy:D

I'm sorry.... we've met? Opinions are like ******** we all have one they all stink.

kyhipo
05-07-2009, 16:37
come on who care's about a six pack of beer in some stream **** the fish would crack one if they could:Dky

Chaco Taco
05-07-2009, 18:38
I'm sorry.... we've met?

Thank goodness, no:bse

max patch
05-07-2009, 18:50
I'm sorry.... we've met?

Thank goodness, no.

Chaco Taco
05-07-2009, 18:54
Thank goodness, no.

stop copying me:D

Homer&Marje
05-07-2009, 19:38
come on who care's about a six pack of beer in some stream **** the fish would crack one if they could:Dky

If I found a six pack of beer in a stream while hiking and the person left a note as to who they were, I would extend more gratitude than a quote in a book. An in person meeting for that type of gesture is definitely not out of the question.

I was trying to make a joke....hence the sarcasm emoticon in my first post....I was joking. And in classic WB style everyone jumped down my throat because it was about LW or some other god complexed WB'er.

Get over it people. Good advice LW. Grow up.

Pedaling Fool
05-07-2009, 19:44
If I found a six pack of beer in a stream while hiking and the person left a note as to who they were, I would extend more gratitude than a quote in a book. An in person meeting for that type of gesture is definitely not out of the question.

I was trying to make a joke....hence the sarcasm emoticon in my first post....I was joking. And in classic WB style everyone jumped down my throat because it was about LW or some other god complexed WB'er.

I'm glad to see I'm not the only one who doesn't get your jokes:)

Kanati
05-07-2009, 19:58

This is commonly known as "eatin crow"

Sly
05-07-2009, 20:03
Opinions are like ******** we all have one they all stink.

Have you ever thought of hanging around a different, more enlightened crowd? :rolleyes:

Lone Wolf
05-07-2009, 20:37
I'm glad to see I'm not the only one who doesn't get your jokes:)

the kid is lonely. he wants accolades.

Alaskanhkr23
05-07-2009, 20:48
love you too nick. i'm just a fat, drunken, washed up hiker wannabe that lives on the AT in a trail town. i'm easy to find. look forward to that busch light----

This is the funniest thing i've read on here LOL Good one no offense

kyhipo
05-07-2009, 21:22

Get over it people. Good advice LW. Grow up.I woudlnt sweat it life goes on! found coolers of beer and thanked whoeva left the beer!dont let the wb trolls get you down.ky

CowHead
05-07-2009, 21:25
This is commonly known as "eatin crow"

oh my god now were killing crows peta freaks will attack
for the next 5 secs this is just a joke------Joke over now where the darn beer

Chaco Taco
05-07-2009, 21:33

Cry us a freakin river. We are joking back at ya dude!:D:D:D:D That good enough??:jump

TOW
05-09-2009, 04:16

Cry us a freakin river. We are joking back at ya dude!:D:D:D:D That good enough??:jumpThat's right! How do ya like them cookies?:banana:banana:banana

Homer&Marje
05-09-2009, 08:13
the kid is lonely. he wants accolades.

So lonely....wish I could make friends with a fat old man behind a computer 600 miles away. Oh how I long for your friendship because obviously the 12 year relationship with my wife and my friends arent enough.

I desperately seek your approval:rolleyes:

Cry us a freakin river. We are joking back at ya dude!:D:D:D:D That good enough??:jump

I'll cry a river if you have the beer:D:D

Chaco Taco
05-09-2009, 08:16
So lonely....wish I could make friends with a fat old man behind a computer 600 miles away. Oh how I long for your friendship because obviously the 12 year relationship with my wife and my friends arent enough.

I desperately seek your approval:rolleyes:

I'll cry a river if you have the beer:D:D

Fat Old Man??? Get your facts straight there scooter. LW is a lean mean a** kickin machine. Dont poke the wrong bull.

warraghiyagey
05-09-2009, 08:42
Fat Old Man??? Get your facts straight there scooter. LW is a lean mean a** kickin machine. Dont poke the wrong bull.
Agreed. . . . Wolf looked like he was right at fightin weight when I met him. . .

The Old Fhart
05-09-2009, 08:42
Homer&Marje-"So lonely....wish I could make friends with a fat old man behind a computer 600 miles away... "If that's what you want, join MySpace. (http://www.wired.com/culture/lifestyle/news/2006/04/70675) :eek:

(meant as a joke)

Pedaling Fool
05-09-2009, 08:51
Hey Homer, you're not exactly sculpted, especially for a young man. Looking a little soft. http://www.whiteblaze.net/forum/vbg/showimage.php?i=26912&catid=member&imageuser=17846

zoidfu
05-09-2009, 08:54
Oooooo, a pissing match! Can I join in?:banana

Chaco Taco
05-09-2009, 09:02
Oooooo, a pissing match! Can I join in?:banana

We are going for distance:D

Jaybird62
05-09-2009, 09:15
We are going for distance:D

Are we going for speed......:):banana

Homer&Marje
05-09-2009, 09:21
Hey Homer, you're not exactly sculpted, especially for a young man. Looking a little soft. http://www.whiteblaze.net/forum/vbg/showimage.php?i=26912&catid=member&imageuser=17846

Ahh pictures are worth a thousand words. That was taken 3 months before I went back to the punching bags and the gym. Took a 2 year Hiatus.

No excuses....I was fat and "under weight" for a while. Have not had fast food in 6 months and have been cooking myself more portions of fish and vegetables than red meat. In that picture I was about 215 lbs and slow. back up to 235 lbs and lean and mean again:D

If you want I can post a picture for you to stare at.

Chaco Taco
05-09-2009, 09:28
Ahh pictures are worth a thousand words. That was taken 3 months before I went back to the punching bags and the gym. Took a 2 year Hiatus.

No excuses....I was fat and "under weight" for a while. Have not had fast food in 6 months and have been cooking myself more portions of fish and vegetables than red meat. In that picture I was about 215 lbs and slow. back up to 235 lbs and lean and mean again:D

No thanks we were just responding to you calling LW "fat old man". This thread aint about you. Its about LW and his Trail Angelness.

Wolf, i love ya man and am glad you are a part of the trail. Your service to the trail and to humanity as a whole should never go unnoticed. I salute you my friend!!!:clap:clap:clap:clap

Homer&Marje
05-09-2009, 09:34
No thanks we were just responding to you calling LW "fat old man". This thread aint about you. Its about LW and his Trail Angelness.

Wolf, i love ya man and am glad you are a part of the trail. Your service to the trail and to humanity as a whole should never go unnoticed. I salute you my friend!!!:clap:clap:clap:clap

Jeez guess I should have just used another adjective like grumpy, ignorant, or stubborn.

Didn't make the thread about me...you guys did. You must really love me:D

Homer&Marje
05-09-2009, 09:35
For a great thread about me...search for the Great Massachusetts Hole Debate. Some good reading there:rolleyes:

Pedaling Fool
05-09-2009, 10:16

Ain't photoshop cool...

Homer&Marje
05-09-2009, 10:21
Ain't photoshop cool...

Don't know how to use it very well...isn't that obvious?