PDA

View Full Version : Who is planning a New Years weekend hike?

Thoughtful Owl
12-29-2008, 23:45
If you are planning a New Years weekend hike, I would like to hear about it. I will be out this weekend myself, probably somewhere up around Johns Hallow Shelter area. I will be finalizing my plans tomorrow evening. The purpose of my outing is to get away by myself and reflect upon the past year and focus on goals for the coming year.

88BlueGT
12-30-2008, 16:02
I would like to, but noone wants to go with me. Personally, hiking solo is a great thing but I don't think I could do it on a day when I'm usually celebrating with a bunch of people, I think I would find it a little depressing or something I dont know lol.

And btw, shouldnt you be focusing on your future goals all the time? ;)

Mrs Baggins
12-30-2008, 16:06
If you are planning a New Years weekend hike, I would like to hear about it. I will be out this weekend myself, probably somewhere up around Johns Hallow Shelter area. I will be finalizing my plans tomorrow evening. The purpose of my outing is to get away by myself and reflect upon the past year and focus on goals for the coming year.

Tell me more. :-? Where is that shelter? We're in Alexandria and have been talking about a winter outing somewhere. How long is the hike? Where do you get on/off the trail? Or would you rather be alone at the shelter for your reflections? Won't impose ourselves if that's the case. We tent out to sleep but would hang in the shelter to cook and eat.