PDA

View Full Version : minnesota smith and faithwalker and matthewski update thread

Pages : 1 [2]

MOWGLI
02-09-2009, 15:36
I have written a far more detailed commentary on www.trailjournals.com (http://www.trailjournals.com/).
Thanks for the reply.

Bare Bear
02-11-2009, 11:58
[quote=Shadowmoss;749888]Isn't there a quote somewhere to the effect that what you carry in your pack is a reflection of you fears?

Jellybean AT 06

kanga
02-11-2009, 12:02
so he's afraid of color blind briars and not being able to wipe correctly?

Bare Bear
02-11-2009, 12:35
i have never in my life heard of someone raking a trail or a campsite.

Actually I have 'raked' a few in Florida while on a crew. Especially when you are eradicating an old site so it can renew and want folks to use a new spot. By raking and brush clearing you make it somewhat fire safer and clearly indicate the desired camping area. I have seen maintaineers take the time to cut some firewood too which in Fl helps to decrease fire danger as the wood gets used up rather than becoming ground debris.

Too, I have been critical of some maintaineers efforts (see my FL Trail journal) and complimented those that make the effort to keep their section up. If also feel that I will never do enough to repay those who make trails possible for me but I try to give $$$ and my time whenever I can.

Nearly Normal
02-11-2009, 13:51
(like AT in duller parts of the South).

There are no dull places in the South....
Excentrict..........perhaps.

STEVEM
02-15-2009, 08:44
The trail journal is finally caught up good, bad, or indifferent. The journals are very informational. The photos section has also been updated, now 200 available to view.

Have a great weekend :sun

Faithwalker, Where are you posting these updates and photos? When I check on trailjournals there has been no entry since 12/21/08.

Phreak
02-15-2009, 10:21
Faithwalker, Where are you posting these updates and photos? When I check on trailjournals there has been no entry since 12/21/08.
http://trailjournals.com/entry.cfm?trailname=8162

sbennett
02-15-2009, 12:28
so it appears that MS has found out that throwing rocks is a better defense against dogs than his anti-dog staff....

Tagless
02-15-2009, 21:17
MinnesotaSmith is about put his Pinhoti Trail thru hike "in the bag". I had the opportunity to support his effort this week. Those interested in an update can read more in our Trail Journal here (http://www.trailjournals.com/entry.cfm?id=261779).

minnesotasmith
02-18-2009, 04:08
MinnesotaSmith is about put his Pinhoti Trail thru hike "in the bag". I had the opportunity to support his effort this week. Those interested in an update can read more in our Trail Journal here (http://www.trailjournals.com/entry.cfm?id=261779).

You failed to mention:

1) that in helping me attach some tape to my staff, you have become part of a very exclusive fraternity of hikers who have done work on one of my staves (Dances With Mice and Faithwalker being the others).

2) You undertook and passed the MinnesotaSmith test. That is, you picked up my pack (fresh from a resupply and ready for 4+ days in the woods), put it on, walked 20', turned around, walked back, and put it down in a controlled fashion. Not many have done that...

Mr. Parkay
02-18-2009, 04:37
Mr. Parkay's maps wonderful, even indispensable (but out of date after AL in some sections.)

Hey Minnesota,

If you have time, definitely let me know which sections of the Pinhoti Maps (http://parkaymaps.110mb.com/PinhotiMaps/PinhotiMapsIndex.html) are out of date or need to be corrected... I'd like to keep them updated as long as possible, so any feedback is appreciated.

Thanks!

mweinstone
02-18-2009, 07:57
me and ms talk most days. hes still my hero. as far as hiking goes. hes fat, and im not and he hikes better. bearpaws asleep and bacon too. last night i think we had a kid. in other news, me and the paw will hike if we receive a windfall of cash or if my art sells as usuall. listen up everyone. when you treat such as these well'minnesota smith', you treat the trail and me well. lets support everyone who hikes equaly. luke is comming around to the side of good and cool and hes deserving of a place at the at table. faithwalker aint no joke and i like her much for haveing not but phoned with her ear. and ms will get to maine. and so it goes.today is the date i set out in 06 to hunt ms. caught and filleted at neels.

Blue Wolf
02-18-2009, 13:40
None of the links I clicked worked???

FaithWalker
02-18-2009, 21:46
Blue Wolf, the link in my signature works fine. Click on it, and you'll go straight to our Pinhoti journal.

SGT Rock
02-18-2009, 21:50
Works fine for me too.

sbennett
02-18-2009, 21:53
anyone have any idea when he'll be at Springer?

SGT Rock
02-18-2009, 21:57
Maybe FW can say. If it were me I would go north on the BMT when I got there and meet up with the AT around Fontanna. But he will probably want to go south and hit Springer to get the longer walk.

sbennett
02-18-2009, 22:03
Maybe FW can say. If it were me I would go north on the BMT when I got there and meet up with the AT around Fontanna. But he will probably want to go south and hit Springer to get the longer walk.

So just to clarify, the Pinhoti deadends into the Beton Mackaye right? Then one can either go North or South, with the latter being the way to Springer?

FW, is MS planning to take the BMT all the way there or after completing the Pinhoti are you guys going to drive there? Just trying to get a better sense of the plan...

SGT Rock
02-18-2009, 22:10
Yep. The Pinhoti hits the BMT at 69.4 miles north of Springer Mountain. You can go south that 69.4 miles and hit the AT 0.2miles north of the start of the AT, or you can go north on the BMT 127.6 miles and meet the BMT in the Smokies just north of Shuckstack.

FaithWalker
02-19-2009, 00:27
So just to clarify, the Pinhoti deadends into the Beton Mackaye right? Then one can either go North or South, with the latter being the way to Springer?

FW, is MS planning to take the BMT all the way there or after completing the Pinhoti are you guys going to drive there? Just trying to get a better sense of the plan...

We are planning to meet up at the end of the Pinhoti trail and drive to Amicalola. We have no interest in hiking more of the BMT this year than is required to get to Dyer Gap.

We are currently in Dalton, GA with 50 miles to go of the Pinhoti Trail.

sbennett
02-19-2009, 00:52
We are planning to meet up at the end of the Pinhoti trail and drive to Amicalola. We have no interest in hiking more of the BMT this year than is required to get to Dyer Gap.

We are currently in Dalton, GA with 50 miles to go of the Pinhoti Trail.

Wow, didn't realize you guys were so close to being done with the Pinhoti! So I guess in another week or so it will be AT time?

mweinstone
02-19-2009, 07:00
minesota smith is a thruhiking god.today my jelosy is yours my hiking friend.

FaithWalker
02-20-2009, 21:22
Our motorhome does not handle the steeper hills. I need to figure out the least steep route to follow to pick up MinnesotaSmith at Dyer Gap at the end of the Pinhoti.

Would I do better to A: go GA 52 to Mulberry Gap Rd to Holly Creek to FS 64 or B: would it be safer to follow the route GA 52 to Ellijay and pick up 76, 2, 5, 515 to Blue Ridge to 5 to FS 64 through the towns of Galloway Mill, Chestnut Gap, Higdon, Colwell?

I really need to know by Febraury 24, 2009, Wednesday, due to MinnesotaSmith finishing the Pinthoi.

Red Hat
02-21-2009, 10:59
I can sure relate to those steep hills in a motorhome. We found it much better to take I77 west out of VA instead of I64 west and trying to do the steep hills. I can't help with which ones in GA are best for you though. There is a guide for truckers available in truckstops that will show the steepness of roads though. Might check into it.

Jack Tarlin
02-21-2009, 15:46
Asked this before, no answer. When does Smitty expect to be on Springer? PM me if you don't want to post it here, thanx.

FaithWalker
02-22-2009, 14:04
Asked this before, no answer. When does Smitty expect to be on Springer? PM me if you don't want to post it here, thanx.

MS has not provided me with specific information WRT a date for Springer.

FaithWalker
02-23-2009, 19:21
I can sure relate to those steep hills in a motorhome. We found it much better to take I77 west out of VA instead of I64 west and trying to do the steep hills. I can't help with which ones in GA are best for you though. There is a guide for truckers available in truckstops that will show the steepness of roads though. Might check into it.

Thank you for offering advice. I will definitely check the next truck stop for the guide.

John B
02-23-2009, 19:32
How exactly does this work -- do you drive ahead to prearranged road crossings and wait for him? Is he staying in the RV most nights? What do you do when you get a couple of days ahead of him -- just sit and wait?

I guess I'm confused because in some posts you seem to suggest that you're hiking, too ("We have no interest in hiking more of the BMT this year than is required to get to Dyer Gap.")

mweinstone
02-24-2009, 05:42
the awsomness of a minnesota smith is measured by the combined heights of all the eyebrows raised in his direction ever. witch at this time is approching the navel of god.we as a hiking community praise ourselves on open minded welcomimg of all who dare to venture to the wild places. and in the spirit of goofy hikers everywhere,..i hearby proclaime this ,"support ms week." drop in here and show some unaffilliated plain old praise for another trail in the bag by another one of us. ms has his rough edges. and maby hes too much lady killer,..but he has a place in my heart and i dont care wy. hes a fun friend and full of enthusiasms and info for our trailys.

MedicineMan
02-24-2009, 07:35
MS, when you get in the Little Rock Knob/Hughes Gap area let me know, you've got a place to crash.....
Also, a kudos to Mr. Parkay on his mapping efforts-just discovered them recently and what a gift he's given us map freaks! Working on a side project with his permission that may be of interest to some here.

IceAge
02-24-2009, 12:04
You know what, matthewski? You are absolutely right. I hereby pledge to support MiniSmith this week in all his double-gaitered glory. He's the man with a plan and a chickie with a van. Get out there and WALK MinnesotaSmith! Walk for all of us that are tethered to desks, or machines, or any of the other anchors of modern life.

Just try to cut down on throwing rocks at dogs, if you can.

minnesotasmith
02-26-2009, 12:39
@ 1:47 P.M. Tuesday Feb. 25th (?), to be more precise. Starting the AT this weekend. Motor home in Dahlonega. It continues to have fuel pumping issues (yes, we need a mechanic for it ASAP). Cash flow crimped enough from repair costs that some window screen work for Faithwalker (who did that as her own business for 6 years) in greater Dahlonega area (and further north as we get there) would be pretty helpful about now. Is main threat to thruhike. Have considered taking a month off to go work on rigs to make cash (am on leave of absence from my company, NOT quit; am welcome back). Have other money coming in in weeks or months ahead if get past the next few. Have food and most supplies via mail drops already in place to Kincora, and all gear long ago bought, so no worry that way.

Her daughter is with us for a few days. Big family get-together this weekend in Dahlonega. I generally go out for a few days (5 days to finish Pinhoti, with 2 days over 11 miles in there), and meet FW at pre-arranged road crossing. Slacking was way to go with all the road walks on the Pinhoti Route (is mostly roads in GA, not a trail yet), but not practical on the AT, esp. with motorhome lousy on hills. We try not to take it off pavement, so FS road crossings are out.

One last camera worth of pics going up on Pinhoti journal as soon as today. A couple VERY memorable...

My BIL is coming with me to start my thruhike for a few days.

Hiker Hostel in Dahlonega full most nights now with thrus. Are apparently booking much further ahead than in past.

Bulldawg
02-26-2009, 22:22
@ 1:47 P.M. Tuesday Feb. 25th (?), to be more precise. Starting the AT this weekend. Motor home in Dahlonega. It continues to have fuel pumping issues (yes, we need a mechanic for it ASAP). Cash flow crimped enough from repair costs that some window screen work for Faithwalker (who did that as her own business for 6 years) in greater Dahlonega area (and further north as we get there) would be pretty helpful about now. Is main threat to thruhike. Have considered taking a month off to go work on rigs to make cash (am on leave of absence from my company, NOT quit; am welcome back). Have other money coming in in weeks or months ahead if get past the next few. Have food and most supplies via mail drops already in place to Kincora, and all gear long ago bought, so no worry that way.

Her daughter is with us for a few days. Big family get-together this weekend in Dahlonega. I generally go out for a few days (5 days to finish Pinhoti, with 2 days over 11 miles in there), and meet FW at pre-arranged road crossing. Slacking was way to go with all the road walks on the Pinhoti Route (is mostly roads in GA, not a trail yet), but not practical on the AT, esp. with motorhome lousy on hills. We try not to take it off pavement, so FS road crossings are out.

One last camera worth of pics going up on Pinhoti journal as soon as today. A couple VERY memorable...

Hiker Hostel in Dahlonega full most nights now with thrus. Are apparently booking much further ahead than in past.

So what is going on with the motor home MS? PM me here, I might be of assistance in the greater Dahlonega area.

RITBlake
02-27-2009, 00:15
Can someone...anyone...explain how a motor home is required for a thru hike?

zoidfu
02-27-2009, 00:42

Pffffft...... how else are you going to go 2000+ miles? Walk? Are you crazy?

TheTank
02-27-2009, 00:52

No.

Tin Man
02-27-2009, 00:59

he's just taking a page out of doyle's book... it works fine for him, and i have encountered others doing variations on that theme, no bigee

RITBlake
02-27-2009, 01:06
he's just taking a page out of doyle's book... it works fine for him, and i have encountered others doing variations on that theme, no bigee

Well that's all well and fine, but for a guy who obviously thrives on planning and preparation (more then the actual hiking it seems at times) you think the first thing he would have secured is a reliable and well looked after RV.

Lugnut
02-27-2009, 01:12
Point for Mr Blake.

take-a-knee
02-27-2009, 01:21

It is about as essential as New York.

zoidfu
02-27-2009, 01:30

What the hell is that supposed to mean?

take-a-knee
02-27-2009, 01:34
What the hell is that supposed to mean?

I'm sorry, it is about as essential as New York CITY. Just drive around in upstate NY and ask around they'll fill you in.

camojack
02-27-2009, 01:39
How does Warren Doyle do his supported "expeditions"?

Exactly.

Well, since you have to hike through part of New York to complete a "thru", I take that to mean absolutely essential.

I disagree; a motor home is not essential for a "thru"...

mweinstone
02-27-2009, 07:17
today i make a new minnesota smith shirt to wear at the warmer. and the rv is for faithwalker to enjoy following , not for supporting ms. dorks, ms walks like a real thruhiker cause he is one. hes a freakin truhiker yo.

mweinstone
02-27-2009, 07:20
pic is max in san juan four years ago contemplating minnesota smiths contesters and what to do with them.

Rockhound
02-27-2009, 07:20
I have been bouncing along the AT and GSMNP this fall and winter and have seen two 50+ pound mail drops sent by Minnesota Smith. They are good for a guessing game if nothing else. I am just wondering *** could the contents possibly be? Please advise.

Worldwide
Water weighs about 8 pounds per gallon.:rolleyes:

mweinstone
02-27-2009, 07:25
rockhound would have marryied bearpaw witch makes me just that much cooler. he knows what i got. my brudda!

Rockhound
02-27-2009, 08:14
rockhound would have marryied bearpaw witch makes me just that much cooler. he knows what i got. my brudda!
I don't think I'd be marrying anybody, but you definitely have a keeper there Matty. Don't screw it up.

warren doyle
02-27-2009, 08:33
Erroneous information needs to be corrected.
I have never owned a motor home, and don't anticipate ever owning one.
Our support vehicles for the circle expeditions have been cargo vans - either regular size or mini-vans depending on the size of the group.
How I approach and do the trail is quite far removed from the way MS has done it (once), and apparently plans to do it this year.

Originally Posted by RITBlake http://www.whiteblaze.net/forum/wb_style/buttons/viewpost.gif (http://www.whiteblaze.net/forum/showthread.php?p=789696#post789696)

How does Warren Doyle do his supported "expeditions"?

[quote=camojack;789758]How does Warren Doyle do his supported "expeditions"?

Exactly.

MOWGLI
02-27-2009, 10:14
I'm sorry, it is about as essential as New York CITY. Just drive around in upstate NY and ask around they'll fill you in.

You don't know what the **** you're talking about.

woodsy
02-27-2009, 10:20
......:)

RITBlake
02-27-2009, 11:06

I lived in Rochester for 5 years and NYC for 3 and I still have no idea what you're talking about.

kanga
02-27-2009, 11:35
http://www.freesmileys.org/smileys/smiley-laughing005.gif (http://www.freesmileys.org)http://www.freesmileys.org/smileys/smiley-laughing005.gif (http://www.freesmileys.org)http://www.freesmileys.org/smileys/smiley-laughing005.gif (http://www.freesmileys.org)http://www.freesmileys.org/smileys/smiley-laughing005.gif (http://www.freesmileys.org)

Sly
02-27-2009, 11:42
I disagree; a motor home is not essential for a "thru"...

Not essential but, nice at times. I would mind having one meeting me at traiheads.

Any volunteers? :D

Red Hat
02-27-2009, 12:04

It is not required, unless you want to keep your loved ones nearby. My husband has lots of health issues and can not hike. We tried him traveling in the RV while I hiked. We planned on meeting every three to five days. It was not good. He didn't like waiting for me and guessing time frames was difficult at best. Our motorhome has lots of problems on hills, like FW and MS... Anyway, he eventually went home and I hiked on for a while, then got guilt trips and went home too. Others have done it though, I think Oneleg (?name?) had his whole family in a motorhome. It is expensive, and requires patience, but can be done.

A-Train
02-27-2009, 12:35

You continue to enlighten us day after day TAK

ki0eh
02-27-2009, 15:07
I lived in Rochester for 5 years and NYC for 3 and I still have no idea what you're talking about.

I lived in upstate NY for 28 years and think I can guess what he's talking about, but like y'uns (sorry, live in PA now ;) ) am waiting to see. If it's what I think it is I'm sure MS would have opinions on that too.

nufsaid
02-27-2009, 15:15

You must not pay taxes.

RITBlake
02-27-2009, 15:27
You must not pay taxes.

Don't be ridiculous

Johnny Thunder
02-27-2009, 15:51
FYI...I blazed a tree in Central Park. So, now I guess NYC is essential.

ki0eh
02-27-2009, 17:15
You must not pay taxes.

Look at the top of this list: http://www.taxfoundation.org/taxdata/show/24051.html

FaithWalker
02-27-2009, 18:47
1. Mail Drops: Full resupply for two people plus non-food supplies so I didn't have to buy them at the resupply point plus canned food meals for two people for 2 to 3 meals each.

2. FW will probably only see me every other resupply point or so. If anything I plan to slack way less than I did last thru, very possibly none. Neither my 2006 hike nor my 2009 thruhike thats about to start had/will have anywhere near as much slackpacking as I am lead to understand is normal for Mr. D.

The above was spoken by MinnesotaSmith; Please do not kill the messenger. FW

John B
02-27-2009, 21:46
Faithwalker, with all due respect, would you explain exactly what it is that you do while waiting for MS at various designated road crossings? I'd be bored out of my mind driving, sitting and waiting, driving, sitting and waiting. Am I missing something? Are you planning on continuing this routine for his entire thru?

RITBlake
02-27-2009, 22:06
Faithwalker, with all due respect, would you explain exactly what it is that you do while waiting for MS at various designated road crossings? I'd be bored out of my mind driving, sitting and waiting, driving, sitting and waiting. Am I missing something? Are you planning on continuing this routine for his entire thru?

Sounds like she should be studying up on how to fix the engine of an RV.

Bulldawg
02-27-2009, 22:08

I don't think there is anything wrong with the RV that a competent mechanic and $100 won't fix! If he'll get me a parts list, I'll front him the parts until he can pay me back!

FaithWalker
02-27-2009, 22:57

Hello John B. 1. Since leaving my healthcare position at the hospital to be on the trail. Then, unexpectantly having to leave the trail. I now attend full-time college classes (4 this semester) online with our local (at that time residence- Colorado), plus I do transcription work for authors/book publishing company. Also, write/dictate portions of the trail journal for MS, try and find screen work or odd jobs, read, crochet, walk angel (sometimes on the trail), a variety of things to keep me busy. 2. I love driving (when MH is running). 3. As long as the MH holds out, yes, that is what I will do. 4. Granted I wish I had more friends/support persons.

FaithWalker
02-27-2009, 23:00

I have "mechanical" knowledge and know how to work on a "engine", BUT I do not have "tools" (usually helpful) or "time" with other responsibilities.

FaithWalker
02-27-2009, 23:06
Do you have any suggestions/advice that I can use since you and your husband have the expereince of taking a MH?

take-a-knee
02-27-2009, 23:14

Did you read Faithwalker's very polite answer? What makes it any of your business anyway Smarta$$?

take-a-knee
02-27-2009, 23:18
I don't think there is anything wrong with the RV that a competent mechanic and $100 won't fix! If he'll get me a parts list, I'll front him the parts until he can pay me back!

Don't that beat all? The GA cracker volunteers to work, the yanks/wanks just mouth off with smarta$$ wisecracks. The more things change, the more they stay the same.

Tin Man
02-27-2009, 23:28
Don't that beat all? The GA cracker volunteers to work, the yanks/wanks just mouth off with smarta$$ wisecracks. The more things change, the more they stay the same.

jealously does not become the wise ass

Lone Wolf
02-27-2009, 23:30
why the F is everybody bustin' these kids balls? they're doin' their thing. S T F * already

Tin Man
02-27-2009, 23:38
just more packsniffing jealousy

Shadowmoss
02-28-2009, 00:21
I continue to be amazed at the venom directed at FW. She had to come off the trail after planning to hike the entire thing. So, she's finding her own way to participate and continue her own life in a manner that helps MS rather than just go home and lay a guilt trip on him about how he's hiking and she isn't. I think she's a cool lady. And still some of you struggle to bend it all out of shape to put her down. Even then she has answered in a manner that shows she has more class than the critics who try to put her down.

Tin Man
02-28-2009, 00:24
right on :sun

Lugnut
02-28-2009, 00:27
Can't argue against any of that. I hope they do well. Really. :sun

mweinstone
02-28-2009, 01:44
spoke to ms. he called. the rv is crappy and no help is easy to find.he needed the number of anyone in area that can repair it. wakapack and chaco tryed to help but failed. its been a while working with this rust bucket of a mobile foodbag/tp holder/funhouse. ms and fw still in good spirits and busy with it all and viits from family. tonight wonder flew in and her and bearpaw went out to dinner and then to cammo jacks casa de cammo. i worked to death so stayed home. all packed for the warmer and will leave wed after work to hike around for a while afore da drinky.

camojack
02-28-2009, 05:04
Our support vehicles for the circle expeditions have been cargo vans...
Actually,the "Camobile" started out as a cargo van; now it's a conversion van...with a motor home license plate.

Semantics, anyone?

Heater
02-28-2009, 05:12
Our support vehicles for the circle expeditions have been cargo vans - either regular size or mini-vans depending on the size of the group.
How I approach and do the trail is quite far removed from the way MS has done it (once), and apparently plans to do it this year.

Other than the absence of a mattress to sleep on, I don't see much difference in your support vehicle and an RV.

:-?

minnesotasmith
02-28-2009, 07:44
Is not a complete list.

http://www.trailjournals.com/photos.cfm?id=417891

http://www.trailjournals.com/photos.cfm?id=417913

http://www.trailjournals.com/photos.cfm?id=417939

http://www.trailjournals.com/photos.cfm?id=417940

http://www.trailjournals.com/photos.cfm?id=419992

John B
02-28-2009, 07:46
Did you read Faithwalker's very polite answer? What makes it any of your business anyway Smarta$$?

What the hell is that? I asked politely, she answered politely. It wasn't a smartazz question -- I'm honestly curious how they're doing the logistics of this hike. Get a grip.

take-a-knee
02-28-2009, 07:57
What the hell is that? I asked politely, she answered politely. It wasn't a smartazz question -- I'm honestly curious how they're doing the logistics of this hike. Get a grip.

I sincerely applogize if you meant no ill will.

zoidfu
02-28-2009, 08:30

take-a-knee
02-28-2009, 08:54
And how exactly is a "yank" supposed to work on an RV from 1000 miles away?

Wanna keep fighting the civil war? Dress up in your grey wool and meet me at Gettysburg, B*&^%.

My statement never implied that they should work on the RV, they should, however, not be rude SOB's.

You stand up on top of Little Round Top and hold a range flag. I'll wear camo and hang out at Devil's Den with my 700 PSS. (Just kiddling)

Pedaling Fool
02-28-2009, 09:16
I continue to be amazed at the venom directed at FW. She had to come off the trail after planning to hike the entire thing. So, she's finding her own way to participate and continue her own life in a manner that helps MS rather than just go home and lay a guilt trip on him about how he's hiking and she isn't. I think she's a cool lady. And still some of you struggle to bend it all out of shape to put her down. Even then she has answered in a manner that shows she has more class than the critics who try to put her down.
Hikers are miserable people, or should I say "Hikers".

MOWGLI
02-28-2009, 09:26
Is not a complete list.

Those are the most memorable photos of your hike??? Gee, if you'd paid some attention, you would have seen amazing Longleaf Pine ecosystems complete with Red cockaded woodpeckers, incredible watersheds, and much more natural beauty. Better luck next time.

Tin Man
02-28-2009, 09:28
Those are the most memorable photos of your hike??? Gee, if you'd paid some attention, you would have seen amazing Longleaf Pine ecosystems complete with Red cockaded woodpeckers, incredible watersheds, and much more natural beauty. Better luck next time.

some folks only spot the faults :p

you go minnie!

zoidfu
02-28-2009, 09:35
My statement never implied that they should work on the RV, they should, however, not be rude SOB's.

You stand up on top of Little Round Top and hold a range flag. I'll wear camo and hang out at Devil's Den with my 700 PSS. (Just kiddling)

Well, I see you're also the proud owner of "A good southern two inches"

But seriously, why do you consistently whine about right/left or north/south? You ought to really look into finding out who your actual enemies are....

Egads
02-28-2009, 09:46
Those are the most memorable photos of your hike???

Why hike if these are your most memorable sights:-?

bigmac_in
02-28-2009, 10:09
Is not a complete list.

Personally, I'm glad I don't see the world through your eyes, if those are your most memorable photos. But keep hiking your hike. :confused:

take-a-knee
02-28-2009, 12:08
Well, I see you're also the proud owner of "A good southern two inches"

But seriously, why do you consistently whine about right/left or north/south? You ought to really look into finding out who your actual enemies are....

Why do I whine? Because so many of you yanks are terminally rude. I lived in PA for several years, my wife is from PA. I have relatives in PA, they are always complaining about rude SOB's.

As for who my enemies are, the post election map pretty much identifies that for any "right minded" person.

Tin Man
02-28-2009, 12:11
Why do I whine? Because so many of you yanks are terminally rude. I lived in PA for several years, my wife is from PA. I have relatives in PA, they are always complaining about rude SOB's.

As for who my enemies are, the post election map pretty much identifies that for any "right minded" person.

note to self: bring water filter and purification tablets when hiking through PA

Lone Wolf
02-28-2009, 12:12
note to self: bring water filter and purification tablets when hiking through PA

why's that?

Tin Man
02-28-2009, 12:19

why's that?

so i don't lose my mind like take-a-knee

MOWGLI
02-28-2009, 14:35
Why do I whine? Because so many of you yanks are terminally rude.

Well, "bless your heart." That's what you say down here. Up north, we spare the syllables, and just use a simple hand gesture that says pretty much the same thing.

Personally, having lived in NY for 40 years, and down south for 6, I find that people are people wherever you go. Some are nice, and some aren't. The proportion is pretty much the same anywhere you go. It's funny how one of the rudest SOBs on this site (TAK) keeps lecturing folks about civility.

I have found that for the most part, the "southern hospitality" that people rave about is a mile wide, and an inch deep. It's really quite superficial. Of course, just like up north, you have MANY wonderful people who would give you the shirt off of their back. I am proud to have many friends up north and in the south.

In closing New Yorkers are the finest kind. A proud and strong people who showed their resilience and strength on 9/11/2001. How quickly some forget.

TD55
02-28-2009, 15:52
Why hike if these are your most memorable sights:-?
Because he is hiking his own hike? Maybe he cares about the trail so much that he wants everyone to know the good, and the bad? Perhaps seeing these conditions had a big effect on him? What difference does it make? MS and FW are bringing us entertainment, trail data and knowledge about thier trail experiance. I think they are doing a great job.

Egads
02-28-2009, 15:58
Because he is hiking his own hike? Maybe he cares about the trail so much that he wants everyone to know the good, and the bad? Perhaps seeing these conditions had a big effect on him? What difference does it make?

None

warraghiyagey
02-28-2009, 16:16
Perhaps seeing these conditions had a big effect on him? What difference does it make?
Because folk who are new who want the beautiful experience they imagine, in all aspects, see an ugliness he pprtrays. I've seen similar things written about the northern portion of the AT that weren't my experinece at all. Any trail is beautiful if that's how you see it. It's not the condition of the trail but the condition of the soul who experiences it. More a reflection of that soul than a picture of the beauty of the trail.

SGT Rock
02-28-2009, 16:21
Because folk who are new who want the beautiful experience they imagine, in all aspects, see an ugliness he pprtrays. I've seen similar things written about the northern portion of the AT that weren't my experinece at all. Any trail is beautiful if that's how you see it. It's not the condition of the trail but the condition of the soul who experiences it. More a reflection of that soul than a picture of the beauty of the trail.
Outstanding point.

Focusing on the negative gives the wrong impression. It also can say something about the person doing the focusing.

Take East Tennessee. It would be like hiking the AT from Roan Mountain to Mountaineer Shelter, and focusing on the trash along 19E and the ugly Apple Orchard Shelter, but and totally forgetting the crossing of Round Bald, Big Bald, The Humps, Roan Mountain, Overmountain, and the falls all along that same stretch.

take-a-knee
02-28-2009, 16:26
Well, "bless your heart." That's what you say down here. Up north, we spare the syllables, and just use a simple hand gesture that says pretty much the same thing.

Personally, having lived in NY for 40 years, and down south for 6, I find that people are people wherever you go. Some are nice, and some aren't. The proportion is pretty much the same anywhere you go. It's funny how one of the rudest SOBs on this site (TAK) keeps lecturing folks about civility.

I have found that for the most part, the "southern hospitality" that people rave about is a mile wide, and an inch deep. It's really quite superficial. Of course, just like up north, you have MANY wonderful people who would give you the shirt off of their back. I am proud to have many friends up north and in the south.

In closing New Yorkers are the finest kind. A proud and strong people who showed their resilience and strength on 9/11/2001. How quickly some forget.

As the late-great Lewis Grizzard opined regarding northerners, "Delta's ready when you are." You're dead on about one thing you guys have perfected the hand gesture, I always thought y'all were telling everybody the number of parents you had.

You didn't smear all southerners with racism at least, I'll give you credit for that.

warraghiyagey
02-28-2009, 16:33
The only sweeping difference between southerners and northerners is the climate they live in. There are all types all along the way.

warraghiyagey
02-28-2009, 16:34
Outstanding point.

Focusing on the negative gives the wrong impression. It also can say something about the person doing the focusing.

Take East Tennessee. It would be like hiking the AT from Roan Mountain to Mountaineer Shelter, and focusing on the trash along 19E and the ugly Apple Orchard Shelter, but and totally forgetting the crossing of Round Bald, Big Bald, The Humps, Roan Mountain, Overmountain, and the falls all along that same stretch.
Exactly. . . :)

gungho
02-28-2009, 16:46
Exactly. . . :)

who are you and what did you do the wARRAGHIYAGEY:eek:

Sly
02-28-2009, 16:55
The only sweeping difference between southerners and northerners is the climate they live in. There are all types all along the way.

One problem is some take their southern heritage and act like the war is stilling being fought. A "yankee" can do nothing right in their eyes. Last I heard it's not red states, and blue states, but the United States! ;)

Egads
02-28-2009, 16:56
As the late-great Lewis Grizzard opined regarding northerners, "Delta's ready when you are." You're dead on about one thing you guys have perfected the hand gesture, I always thought y'all were telling everybody the number of parents you had.

You didn't smear all southerners with racism at least, I'll give you credit for that.

Give it a rest T-A-K, there are no borders on the internet

warraghiyagey
02-28-2009, 16:57
One problem is some take their southern heritage and act like the war is stilling being fought. A "yankee" can do nothing right in their eyes. Last I heard it's not red states, and blue states, but the United States! ;)
Hear, hear. . . . :sun:sun

TD55
02-28-2009, 17:12
Most of us are dealing with a big box of crayons in our heads.When we use to many dark colors, our family and friends tell us to lighten up.

camojack
02-28-2009, 20:56

Amen.

And again I say, Amen!

Phreak
02-28-2009, 21:36
Why do I whine? Because so many of you yanks are terminally rude. And you're not terminally rude? :rolleyes:

RITBlake
02-28-2009, 22:02
Hikers are miserable people, or should I say "Hikers".

haha brilliant

outlaws
02-28-2009, 22:33
The main difference between Northerners and Southeners is you never hear of a Southener retiring and moving north.:D

Hooch
02-28-2009, 22:47
The main difference between Northerners and Southeners is you never hear of a Southener retiring and moving north.:DHey another Charlottean.....welcome aboard! Oh, BTW, the man's right. :D

camojack
02-28-2009, 22:54
The main difference between Northerners and Southerners is you never hear of a Southerner retiring and moving north.:D
Good point. :sun

TD55
03-01-2009, 05:33

Is this what you are looking for? I might have missed something between this post (#282) and here, but it's hard getting thru some of the horrible garbage inbetween here and there.

TD55
03-01-2009, 05:37
it'd be nice if you watched your language a bit...you're embarassing yourself despite your intentions to take up for FW

this is a thread about MinnesotaSmith and his thru not North v. South, can't we keep it slightly on subject?

has he started the AT yet?
Oops, I was try to answer this post.

Dances with Mice
03-01-2009, 08:26
at a woman on an internet site 'cause you don't like her husbands' What did I miss? And where was my invite?! Can someone with more than half a brain and with a clue confirm?

Hooch
03-01-2009, 08:54
Can someone with more than half a brain and with a clue confirm?Well, that leaves out everybody here. Maybe you can get the 411 from the paparazzi or some other reliable source. :eek::D

MOWGLI
03-01-2009, 08:59
What did I miss? And where was my invite?! Can someone with more than half a brain and with a clue confirm?

Try a juggling site.

SGT Rock
03-01-2009, 09:01
Geez guys. Can we stop with the north vs south stuff again?

zoidfu
03-01-2009, 09:09
Hey another Charlottean.....welcome aboard! Oh, BTW, the man's right. :D

Yup, and many southerners such as myself(born and raised in Chattanooga, TN) move north to find a good job in a fast paced environment. I'll go south again when it's time to relax:D

Hooch
03-01-2009, 09:32
Yup, and many southerners such as myself(born and raised in Chattanooga, TN) move north to find a good job in a fast paced environment. I'll go south again when it's time to relax:DCool deal. Personally, I'm a nurse and can find a good job in a fast paced environment about anywhere. :D

zoidfu
03-01-2009, 09:38
Cool deal. Personally, I'm a nurse and can find a good job in a fast paced environment about anywhere. :D

Well, you're a better man than I, sir. I don't have the stomach for it.

boarstone
03-01-2009, 12:24
Well I ask again since this got off topic, cause I wann'a know too...Is he/they on the AT headed NOBO or where ever?

Mother's Finest
03-01-2009, 12:55
Hey I don't understand.....

I am definitely a tree-hugging liberal. I don't agree with many of Minnies social/theological views.

But i respect the man and his hike and his life.

What did I miss?

Is this going to get metaphysical???

peace
mf

Pedaling Fool
03-01-2009, 13:09
Hey I don't understand.....

I am definitely a tree-hugging liberal. I don't agree with many of Minnies social/theological views.

But i respect the man and his hike and his life.

What did I miss?

Is this going to get metaphysical???

peace
mf
Nothing, SOS, it's just further proof that this country needs a war to keep us from having another civil war.;)

If our enemies really want to tear down this country all they got to do is leave us to our own devices:sun

High Life
03-01-2009, 15:34
someone better warn the ladies in the Huts , they werent liking him around mitzpah and lakes back in 06 .. i was working at pinkham when he came thru ..
i guess if he has a lady with him he'll keep the comments about wanting a "younger wife w/ big breasts " to himself LOL

take-a-knee
03-01-2009, 15:43
someone better warn the ladies in the Huts , they werent liking him around mitzpah and lakes back in 06 .. i was working at pinkham when he came thru ..
i guess if he has a lady with him he'll keep the comments about wanting a "younger wife w/ big breasts " to himself LOL

OH MY! What a wicked thing to say! If he'd spoken fondly of his boyfriends' tush you probably couldn't have kept your hands off of him.

High Life
03-01-2009, 15:49
OH MY! What a wicked thing to say! If he'd spoken fondly of his boyfriends' tush you probably couldn't have kept your hands off of him.

I'm not a wicked person , I'm just repeating what some of the Hut Croo
said to me . I spoke with MS . I found him to be a little odd , but nice .
now if anyone has meet me , I'm a little odd myself ..so whatever
but i wasn't trying to me mean ,, sorry if anyones offended

FaithWalker
03-01-2009, 15:59
It is official. MinnesotaSmith was release by his family and Faithwalker, from Amicalola State Park Approach Trail at 12:40 p.m...

Tin Man
03-01-2009, 16:05
He should be in a big crowd today ...and for awhile.

Go Smitty Go!

Jack Tarlin
03-01-2009, 16:29
Geez, if he left today, then when I get to Franklin around the 11th....

Oh, no. Funny thing, I first met the sonofabitch at Miss Janet's Hostel.....

Now it looks like it's gonna happen again!! :eek:

Is that crazy luck or what?

Lugnut
03-01-2009, 16:31
!! :eek:

You tell us. :D

warraghiyagey
03-01-2009, 16:31
Luck? I suppose that could be a description. . .

SteveJ
03-01-2009, 16:42
It is official. MinnesotaSmith was release by his family and Faithwalker, from Amicalola State Park Approach Trail at 12:40 p.m...

cool - was it already snowing when you dropped him off? He's in for a slippery, cold hike this afternoon!

http://www.weather.com/weather/map/interactive/USGA0541?from=36hr_maps&zoom=8&interactiveMapLayer=radar

it's been snowing hard here for about 2 hours - temps and ice dropping on top of a few inches of rain from this weekend - I'm afraid Atlanta is in for an ice lockdown tomorrow morning....MS is in for an interesting GA hike!

Edit - for that matter, FW, be careful driving that RV around on those slick north GA roads! We don't do a lot of salt down here!

FaithWalker
03-01-2009, 22:51
cool - was it already snowing when you dropped him off? He's in for a slippery, cold hike this afternoon!

http://www.weather.com/weather/map/interactive/USGA0541?from=36hr_maps&zoom=8&interactiveMapLayer=radar

it's been snowing hard here for about 2 hours - temps and ice dropping on top of a few inches of rain from this weekend - I'm afraid Atlanta is in for an ice lockdown tomorrow morning....MS is in for an interesting GA hike!

Edit - for that matter, FW, be careful driving that RV around on those slick north GA roads! We don't do a lot of salt down here!

Hello Steve J. Yes, it was snowing fairly hard when MS left today. I was concerned because of weather but he had no reservations.

thank you for your support. FW

Tin Man
03-01-2009, 22:58
Hello Steve J. Yes, it was snowing fairly hard when MS left today. I was concerned because of weather but he had no reservations.

thank you for your support. FW

i didn't know they took reservations on springer. :D

Darwin again
03-01-2009, 23:46
MS is off on the big trail again.
Good job on the Pinhoti and good walking to him and best wishes to FW.
Should see them up here in June...

(Btw, this thread shows exactly why a couple of people are on my ignore list...)

Tin Man
03-01-2009, 23:49
(Btw, this thread shows exactly why a couple of people are on my ignore list...)

why's that?

camojack
03-02-2009, 01:18
why's that?
He won't answer you; you're on his ignore list... :D

Tin Man
03-02-2009, 01:23

i know, just making sure that i still had that affect on him :D

camojack
03-02-2009, 04:37
Good show. Carry on... ;)

saimyoji
03-02-2009, 08:31
why's that?

Good show. Carry on... ;)

The Solemates
03-02-2009, 11:24
contrary to MS, I believe there is great beauty on the Pinhoti...

Bulldawg
03-02-2009, 11:49
contrary to MS, I believe there is great beauty on the Pinhoti...

That is an awesome pic for sure. Where is that?

Two Speed
03-02-2009, 11:51
contrary to MS, I believe there is great beauty on the Pinhoti...There is. Just gotta open your eyes to it.

MOWGLI
03-02-2009, 11:53
That is an awesome pic for sure. Where is that?

Appears to be the Cheaha Wilderness.

Gray Blazer
03-02-2009, 11:58

The luck 'o the Irish. How appropriate.

The Solemates
03-02-2009, 13:54
Appears to be the Cheaha Wilderness.

ding, ding...we have a winner.

but as a technicality, i dont think its in the wilderness (ie, where the photo was taken) but rather looking north towards cheaha. i took this photo in October 2007 on one of our section hikes of the trail...im nobo section hiking this trail with my brother in law and father. we started in 06. i couldve easily hiked it all by now, but we're trying to do it all together and get-togethers seem to be few and far between with 3 different schedules and families at home. i think we are averaging 2 weekends a year :(

TOW
03-03-2009, 12:40
Where is MS at now?

FaithWalker
03-04-2009, 17:37
Where is MS at now?

unknown

High Life
03-04-2009, 17:51

Honestly I'm Hoping to catch him myself .
:banana

Jack Tarlin
03-04-2009, 19:16
Be careful what you wish for. :eek:

saimyoji
03-04-2009, 19:17
MS is lost??? :eek:

SGT Rock
03-04-2009, 21:32
Should of had a SPOT so we could all track him.

Lugnut
03-04-2009, 22:10
SAR is expensive. Is he worth it? I think he is! :banana

SGT Rock
03-04-2009, 22:11
I say we get up a fund and outfit him with one.

ed bell
03-04-2009, 22:16
I say we get up a fund and outfit him with one.I'm in. He would love it.

Alligator
03-04-2009, 23:38
MS is lost??? :eek:Probably sleeping in a privy somewhere.

saimyoji
03-05-2009, 00:41
Probably sleeping in a privy somewhere.

what a crappy thing to say. :D

MOWGLI
03-05-2009, 08:12
SAR is expensive. Is he worth it? I think he is! :banana

Do you mean, "can he afford to pay for it"?

JERMM
03-05-2009, 09:38
Should of had a SPOT so we could all track him.

I say we get up a fund and outfit him with one.

Winton at MTX has 4-5 SPOTS on display, don't know if he sells them or if they're rentals. Either way MS should have one for US, he will never notice the additional 7.5 oz.

High Life
03-05-2009, 09:43
Be careful what you wish for. :eek:

ahhh haha ..true :cool:

STEVEM
03-05-2009, 18:01
MS is lost??? :eek:

The GATC was fully aware that MS was on their section of trail and that snow was expected. There's no excuse for that trail not being properly shoveled.

minnesotasmith
03-05-2009, 19:48
Got through the Sunday snowstorm and following 2 nights of very cold weather. Found room in all shelters, amazingly. Over 8 thrus/short sectioners turned back or shelter zeroed due to weather. BIL decided Monday AM his bedding was insufficient, could not afford to get sick with all his responsiblities, and headed back to his vehicle at Amicalola. Has warmed up to point day temps mild and night temps only cool now. Still scattered snow and ice in shadier places on Trail.

Most interesting observations are seeing JustJim (4x thru, had LONG BS session with him), Tagless/Tagalong, and an astonishing # of aspiring female thruhikers (sadly for lonely young male thrus, generally with the usual endowment/availabilty/apparent interest lacks). Very few alcohol stoves, everyone cooking. Generally all couples and nearly all women are tenting rather than sheltering. Many people do not have trail names, and are having trouble in many cases remembering to use theirs. Only about 10% have heard of WhiteBlaze, and all only read, do not post due to, ah, tone. Have seen one other Ursack-user.

Have given one trail name out (to someone who asked for one), 29-YO dark-haired guy, that of Tibetan. (He was carrying a book authored by the Dalai Lama.)

Have seen fair # of short-sectioners, even on Sunday and Monday. Blue jeans (especially) and Rambo knives among them.

Felt uneasy when passed a group of trail "not fitting in"/scuzzier-than-carnie-hangers-on types that just didn't add up and majorly raised my hackles as conceivable trail predators of some sort. ( I hiked fast and went off the trail to the side, sitting down for half an hour to avoid them.) Can prove nothing, so will leave it at that.

Is nice to have blazes and privies, unlike the Pinhoti Route.

Have decided that do not have as much in common with other thruhikers at this point as I thought I would have. (Cemented in this view after my chat with JustJim on #5.) They are still flocking almost completely by age and gender at this point.

Only one dog issue so far. Two guys blew past BIL and I around Frosty Mtn. Sunday afternoon, one with a 50-pound or so black & brown mix dog that was still trying to turn around and growl at me 20'+ after passing me (when being dragged at close to 4 mph).

I am sick as a dog to point virtually cannot hike. This affliction hit me hard Monday, and is going nowhere fast. (Will spare everyone details of my symptoms.) Taking some time off as of Woody Gap. At Hiker Hostel overnight.

Motor home runs now, but using about a quart of transmission fluid per mile (not a typo). Need place in/near Dahlonega to park it for now, or someone else to work on it. Think problem is gasket? FW about in market for a job.

FaithWalker
03-05-2009, 20:57
Got through the Sunday snowstorm and following 2 nights of very cold weather. Found room in all shelters, amazingly. Over 8 thrus/short sectioners turned back or shelter zeroed due to weather. BIL decided Monday AM his bedding was insufficient, could not afford to get sick with all his responsiblities, and headed back to his vehicle at Amicalola. Has warmed up to point day temps mild and night temps only cool now. Still scattered snow and ice in shadier places on Trail.

Most interesting observations are seeing JustJim (4x thru, had LONG BS session with him), Tagless/Tagalong, and an astonishing # of aspiring female thruhikers (sadly for lonely young male thrus, generally with the usual endowment/availabilty/apparent interest lacks). Very few alcohol stoves, everyone cooking. Generally all couples and nearly all women are tenting rather than sheltering. Many people do not have trail names, and are having trouble in many cases remembering to use theirs. Only about 10% have heard of WhiteBlaze, and all only read, do not post due to, ah, tone. Have seen one other Ursack-user.

Have given one trail name out (to someone who asked for one), 29-YO dark-haired guy, that of Tibetan. (He was carrying a book authored by the Dalai Lama.)

Have seen fair # of short-sectioners, even on Sunday and Monday. Blue jeans (especially) and Rambo knives among them.

Felt uneasy when passed a group of trail "not fitting in"/scuzzier-than-carnie-hangers-on types that just didn't add up and majorly raised my hackles as conceivable trail predators of some sort. ( I hiked fast and went off the trail to the side, sitting down for half an hour to avoid them.) Can prove nothing, so will leave it at that.

Is nice to have blazes and privies, unlike the Pinhoti Route.

Have decided that do not have as much in common with other thruhikers at this point as I thought I would have. (Cemented in this view after my chat with JustJim on #5.) They are still flocking almost completely by age and gender at this point.

Only one dog issue so far. Two guys blew past BIL and I around Frosty Mtn. Sunday afternoon, one with a 50-pound or so black & brown mix dog that was still trying to turn around and growl at me 20'+ after passing me (when being dragged at close to 4 mph).

I am sick as a dog to point virtually cannot hike. This affliction hit me hard Monday, and is going nowhere fast. (Will spare everyone details of my symptoms.) Taking some time off as of Woody Gap. At Hiker Hostel overnight.

Motor home runs now, but using about a quart of transmission fluid per mile (not a typo). Need place in/near Dahlonega to park it for now, or someone else to work on it. Think problem is gasket? FW about in market for a job.

Well, MS, in reference to your comment above; MS may have to leave the trail for awhile to work AS WELL. (I am tired of being the preparer of everything ( x 2 years), doer, stress/anxiety of the trail ( before, during), being sick myself and having no one around).

AS for the motorhome, it is the front seal of the transmission, not sure where MS got info about a gasket, he hasn't even seen it.

minnesotasmith
03-05-2009, 21:37

But, the GA Pinhoti is basically roads with trash along them. When it is trail, it's commonly someone else's trail. Either way, blazing at only half-mile intervals is common (even with multiple trail/road junctions in between), with only motorbike ruts and horse t*rd piles to step in to let you know you might still be on the "trail". Pretty much, if you want to get the GA Pinhoti experience, just alternate hiking in dog-infested suburbs, mildly to very trashy busy 2-4 lane highways (still with occasional dogs), very to landfill-level trashy FS roads, the local vacant lot where mid-teens ride bicycles through the mud, and some well-used pastures. No need to travel to GA to have those experiences.

Alabama's Pinhoti people are getting the job done WRT getting their trail section ready for joining to the AT, if erratically and in spurts. In another five-ten years, if there could be a way to hook AL right up to Amicalola Park gate, I predict they'll about be ready.

Georgia? Not in 40 more years at the current rate. They can't do a fricking thing over at the GPTA, and just need to have some group take over who can respond with something other than "Donno how" to trail work needed this year, not 10 from now.

One thing that the "AT extended to include the Pinhoti" boosters should understand is that hooking into Springer puts the "extend the AT to include the Approach Trail" crowd in their opponents column. If (as I have previously suggested) the Pinhoti's northern terminus was right across the road from Amicalola State Park, they'd be natural allies instead.

P.S. I never saw your woodpeckers, Mowgli. I saw tons of WPs in MN/WI/etc., though (especially the 2 sizes of downy woodpeckers). Anyway, geologists don't get too excited over foliage (as long as it doesn't obscure our view of the rocks), let alone particular species. 99% of all species that ever existed are extinct (and generally not due to Man). They generally pop up, hang around up to a couple million years, then whiff. Easy come, easy go.

saimyoji
03-05-2009, 21:37
dissension in the ranks? :eek:

SGT Rock
03-05-2009, 22:12
Hey MS, you may want to re-read post #415 and then make a phone call.

RITBlake
03-05-2009, 22:38
trouble in paradise... communicating through a public hiking board.

Hooch
03-05-2009, 22:58
Well, MS, in reference to your comment above; MS may have to leave the trail for awhile to work AS WELL. (I am tired of being the preparer of everything ( x 2 years), doer, stress/anxiety of the trail ( before, during), being sick myself and having no one around).

AS for the motorhome, it is the front seal of the transmission, not sure where MS got info about a gasket, he hasn't even seen it.Minnie, your next line should be, "Yes, dear.". :D:eek::rolleyes:

SGT Rock
03-05-2009, 23:15
I don;t think he saw my message for some reason. I say again:

Minessota Smith. Pay attention. Re-read post #415.

Hikerhead
03-05-2009, 23:18
Code Blue on 415! Code Blue on 415!

RITBlake
03-05-2009, 23:20
Full Battery, Grid 4-1-5. Fire For Effect. Red Alert.

Hooch
03-05-2009, 23:22
Faithwalker, sorry you're having trouble with the motorhome and husband. If you don't get some support out of that knucklehead, just leave Minnie's motorhome whereever you want to, head back to your family and get an annullment. :D:eek: Don't worry, it'll take him months to figure it all out. :banana

Alligator
03-05-2009, 23:23
Bump. Attention human being known as Minnesotasmith. There is a secret message (http://www.whiteblaze.net/forum/showthread.php?p=795593#post795593)for you.

SGT Rock
03-05-2009, 23:24
Looks like it was slightly altered.

Hooch
03-05-2009, 23:25
I do believe the man has a bit of difficulty picking up on social cues. That and big letters spelling things out for him.

RITBlake
03-05-2009, 23:26
Looks like it was slightly altered.

If only someone had a screen capture...:-?

:cool:

Cuffs
03-05-2009, 23:29

AS for the motorhome, it is the front seal of the transmission, not sure where MS got info about a gasket, he hasn't even seen it.

FW... I so wanted to come out and meet you and your Flagg Mtn send off, but I was working. I and many others had worked weeks to put in the trail in that area that apparently is just not up to the standards of some hikers. Thankfully, many other hikers do appreciate all the hard work that goes into trail building and most have even helped out with building and maintenance themselves.

I feel for you so very much right now. If I can be of any help back here in AL, please let me know!

Bumshandler
03-06-2009, 00:03
well, Ms, In Reference To Your Comment Above; Ms May Have To Leave The Trail For Awhile To Work As Well. (i Am Tired Of Being The Preparer Of Everything ( X 2 Years), Doer, Stress/anxiety Of The Trail ( Before, During), Being Sick Myself And Having No One Around).

As For The Motorhome, It Is The Front Seal Of The Transmission, Not Sure Where Ms Got Info About A Gasket, He Hasn't Even Seen It.

Owned!

Cuffs
03-06-2009, 00:06
The 1st 34 miles of the Pinhoti in Alabama is public roads, nearly all paved. That is, prior to Bull Gap, there IS no Pinhoti "Trail", just a route on a map and a hope for the future, often with not even any blazes. What trail building is there to talk about on this section?

You must not have dont your homework or you would have known that there was 4.5 miles of new trail cut in and blazed over Flagg Mtn. Sorry you missed it, see you next time.

Alligator
03-06-2009, 00:09
MS, your significant other is sitting in a broken down RV and your relationship is on the rocks. Now's not the time to be arguing on the internet. I'm going to help you out a little here and close this thread so your attention gets back to the real world. Get your RV fixed:D.