PDA

View Full Version : ParagonSports.com

mudhead
12-31-2008, 14:55
I would appreciate any opinion positive or negative in regard to this company.

YoungMoose
12-31-2008, 15:06
It is a very good company. They are legit. They have a huge store in nyc. i have been there. They are very helpfull

mudhead
12-31-2008, 15:09
Thanks!

Anyone else? Save me from myself!

brooklynkayak
12-31-2008, 15:44
Thanks!

Anyone else? Save me from myself!

What else do you need to know other than they are legit and have been around a long time?

mudhead
12-31-2008, 16:10
What else do you need to know other than they are legit and have been around a long time?

Are they a pain on returns. etc

Internet site I have never used. Anything plus or minus.

MOWGLI
12-31-2008, 16:23
A-Train might have worked there for a while. Send him a PM.

mudhead
12-31-2008, 17:25
Thank you. And let us know how that game camera works. I've been watching those for awhile.

gsingjane
01-01-2009, 13:10
I've dealt with them "in person" through their NYC store many, many times. They have pretty knowledgeable staff and wow, the selection. I love Tents & Trails too (which is where I believe ATrain works or worked) but Paragon, IMO anyway, is at least comparable. Paragon has a giant assortment of stuff for every sport, whereas T & T is pretty much camping/hiking/outdoors.

Paragon's running shoe and clothing selection is probably the best I've ever run across, anywhere. You won't find much in the way of bargains but their stuff is top of the line and they sure do move a lot of it. I've never been there, any time, any year, when people weren't lined up 20 deep at the registers.

Jane in CT

A-Train
01-01-2009, 20:16
I've dealt with them "in person" through their NYC store many, many times. They have pretty knowledgeable staff and wow, the selection. I love Tents & Trails too (which is where I believe ATrain works or worked) but Paragon, IMO anyway, is at least comparable. Paragon has a giant assortment of stuff for every sport, whereas T & T is pretty much camping/hiking/outdoors.

Paragon's running shoe and clothing selection is probably the best I've ever run across, anywhere. You won't find much in the way of bargains but their stuff is top of the line and they sure do move a lot of it. I've never been there, any time, any year, when people weren't lined up 20 deep at the registers.

Jane in CT

Thankfully it is "worked" and not "work". Jane is correct with her assessment of Paragon: they are esentially a giant sporting good store with a pretty decent camping/hiking department. Most of their stuff is full price so better deals are had elsewhere in the city (or outside). They definitely cater to the midtown crowd, many who are in a rush to hop a plane to somewhere extravagant and don't spend the time to debate different weights/ounces. However, your internet deal looks like a good one.