PDA

View Full Version : Sierra Designs Diamond Spring bag

KarenM982
01-03-2009, 17:25
Has anyone tried the 15 degree Sierra Designs Diamond Spring sleeping bag? After denying it for the past year, I think I really need to purchase a new bag for my upcoming thru hike. I was eyeing this bag because its less than 3 lbs and on sale for $183. BUT the one thing that caught my eye was the following sentence from the description:

"Move your down to the sides during warm weather, or fluff up the continuous baffles on top of your body when the mercury dips."

Does this mean that you can move the down around in the bag? I can't see how that is a good idea. If anyone has this bag or has tried it out, let me know!

DapperD
01-06-2009, 09:27
Has anyone tried the 15 degree Sierra Designs Diamond Spring sleeping bag? After denying it for the past year, I think I really need to purchase a new bag for my upcoming thru hike. I was eyeing this bag because its less than 3 lbs and on sale for $183. BUT the one thing that caught my eye was the following sentence from the description:

"Move your down to the sides during warm weather, or fluff up the continuous baffles on top of your body when the mercury dips."

Does this mean that you can move the down around in the bag? I can't see how that is a good idea. If anyone has this bag or has tried it out, let me know!Karen, this bag is filled with 600 fill goose down. Check out the women's Marmot Pinnacle. Little more money($300) at Altrec.com but the quality of it is superior in my opinion including 800 fill goose down, DWR shell and weighing in at 2lb. 4oz. Also given 5 stars for most reviews.

buz
01-06-2009, 14:27
The idea of continous baffles is to do exactly as advertised, move the down around as temp dictates. I have a campmor model and it does indeed work. If it is cold, get most/all you can from the bottom to the top, as it does very little on the bottom anyway. Warmer, move the down more to the sides/bottom.