PDA

View Full Version : How Many Forum Members Does It Take to Change a Light bulb?

Sailor (The other one)
01-04-2009, 22:45
Saw this on another forum and thought some might enjoy it.

How many forum members to change a light bulb?

Only 1 to change the light bulb and to post that the light bulb has been changed

14 to share similar experiences of changing light bulbs and how the light bulb could have been changed differently

7 to caution about the dangers of changing light bulbs

1 to move it to the Lighting section

2 to argue then move it to the Electricals section

7 to point out spelling/grammar errors in posts about changing light bulbs

5 to flame the spell checkers

3 to correct spelling/grammar flames

6 to argue over whether it's "lightbulb" or "light bulb" ... another 6 to condemn those 6 as stupid

2 industry professionals to inform the group that the proper term is "lamp"

15 know-it-alls who claim they were in the industry, and that "light bulb" is perfectly correct

19 to post that this forum is not about light bulbs and to please take this discussion to a lightbulb forum

11 to defend the posting to this forum saying that we all use light bulbs and therefore the posts are relevant to this forum

36 to debate which method of changing light bulbs is superior, where to buy the best light bulbs, what brand of light bulbs work best for this technique and what brands are faulty

7 to post URL's where one can see examples of different light bulbs

4 to post that the URL's were posted incorrectly and then post the corrected URL's

3 to post about links they found from the URL's that are relevant to this group which makes light bulbs relevant to this group

13 to link all posts to date, quote them in their entirety including all headers and signatures, and add "Me too"

5 to post to the group that they will no longer post because they cannot handle the light bulb controversy

4 to say "didn't we go through this already a short time ago?"

13 to say "do a Google search on light bulbs before posting questions about light bulbs"

1 forum lurker to respond to the original post 6 months from now and start it all over again.

Tinker
01-04-2009, 22:50
I disagree completely! :p

Just Plain Jim
01-04-2009, 23:01
I dropped the durn light bulb.:confused:

sheepdog
01-04-2009, 23:07
Now what does this have to do with hiking the AT this needs to be moved to......;)
Now that is funny and sadly too true.:D:D

Cookerhiker
01-04-2009, 23:17
You forgot 13 to assert that the question is irrelevant because hikers don't need or use light bulbs:

8 macho-types will say "real hikers" hike in the dark

5 ultra light purists will say light bulbs are too heavy

:D

fancyfeet
01-04-2009, 23:24
Who needs light bulbs? Light bulbs are a blight on the planet. This world would be a better place if we'd all just stop using light bulbs and get out into nature!

Just sayin...

max patch
01-04-2009, 23:26
it light bulbs not light bulb.

bikerscars
01-04-2009, 23:29
yep...rise with the sun:sun
set with the sun:)

no light bulbs necessary:rolleyes:

snowhoe
01-04-2009, 23:30
No bulds l.e.d.'s

fancyfeet
01-04-2009, 23:40
No bulds l.e.d.'s

What's a buld? :confused:

You obviously know nothing about photoproductive devices. Do you even know what "l.e.d." stands for? Have you ever even hiked? So many people think they know something, but they don't! So stay off my thread if you don't know what you're talking about!

DON'T MAKE ME BREAK OUT THE BOLD CAPS! :mad:

Just sayin...
;)

fancyfeet
01-04-2009, 23:49
Further to my above remarks, I feel that we should institute a policy that any remarks referring to said photoproductive devices should use the "light bulb" icon in the post title. See above.

My thoughts on this matter are merely a suggestion, of course, but I truly feel that the "light bulb" icon is underutilized. I mean, how many of these humble icons do you see compared to say...the DANCING BANANA? HOW MANY OF THESE STINKIN' BANANAS (:banana:banana:banana) DO YOU NEED TO MAKE A POINT?

Besides a banana is a fruit and therefore an inanimate object. So whose bright idea (see 'light bulb" icon) was it to ANIMATE an INANIMATE OBJECT?

What is this world coming to??? :confused:

superman
01-05-2009, 00:18
This sounds like a voice crying out in the dark.:sun

Plodderman
01-05-2009, 00:30
I do not really change light bulbs I just move them around the house. Until all the lamps do not work and I have to buy a couple of dozen.

fancyfeet
01-05-2009, 00:59
This sounds like a voice crying out in the dark.:sun

Too right! Thanks for following the aforementioned (suggested) "light bulb" icon policy. At least someone played along. Makes me feel appreciated. Even for a brief shining moment! :sun

Said voice in the dark,

Fancy Feet

Wise Old Owl
01-05-2009, 01:03
poetry and art- I am with Fancy Feet - Who needs a lightbulb.

jethro
01-05-2009, 01:23
... Do you even know what "l.e.d." stands for?
;)

"Light Eliminates Dark."

Duh....

;)

fancyfeet
01-05-2009, 01:27
Thank you for your kind words of support, WOO. However, I can't help but notice you declined to illuminate your post with the humble "light bulb" icon. Praytell, does my aforementioned (suggested) "light bulb" icon policy offend you in some way? If so, please respond with your suggested policy in regards to said aforemention (suggested) "light bulb" icon policy. Or is it that you disagree with policies in general?

Humbly yours (just like the "light bulb" icon),

Fancy Feet ;)

fancyfeet
01-05-2009, 01:34
{Originally Posted by fancyfeet
... Do you even know what "l.e.d." stands for? }

"Light Eliminates Dark."

Duh....

;)

Good one! I thought it stood for "little extraneous device"

Sadly, still only one taker on the aforementioned (suggested) "light bulb" icon policy.

I'll just sit in the dark and decry the lack of utilization of my favorite, humble little icon.

Crawl
01-05-2009, 02:06
I'm new, I wouldn't know......:)~

Shadowmoss
01-05-2009, 07:16
Ah, back in the days of usenet. That's where I first saw this. It was funny then, and it's funny now.

(obligatory old school 'I saw it back in the day before you kids even knew what a computer was...' post)

Oh, and where's the d--n icon? These gui interfaces will never catch on, too busy and complicated. If you can't do it in ascii, it doesn't need to be shown.

**shadowmoss wanders off grumbling**

Tin Man
01-05-2009, 07:32
I do not really change light bulbs I just move them...

both actions are futile. bulbs got not feelings.

Rockhound
01-05-2009, 11:22
I hope these are flouresent light bulbs, lightbulbs were talking about

Dances with Mice
01-05-2009, 11:41
I hope these are flouresent light bulbs, lightbulbs were talking aboutFluorescent. Flourescent bulbs are filled with ground wheat.

Jorel
01-05-2009, 15:05
Do not go gentle into that good night....rage, rage against the passing of the light, uh,, bulb.

sheepdog
01-05-2009, 16:13
Hey where did my post go??? Did I get moderated by the bulb police? Say it aint so.;)
Besides no one on the outside can change a light bulb. The bulb has to want to change itself.
The best way to change a light bulb is while carrying a conceled pistol while an unleashed dog runs around!!!

pyroman53
01-05-2009, 17:48
I thought this was about long distance hiker light bulbs. Changing light bulbs on a thru hike - now thats a lot different than if you were sectioning. Section hikers have it a lot tougher cause...well, you know...we have to do it in sections...over time.

wrongway_08
01-05-2009, 17:55
I dropped the durn light bulb.:confused:

Its darn NOT durn !!!! :sun

snowhoe
01-05-2009, 17:58
wronway glad to see you back and you have some great pics of your trip. I knew you would make it. I looked for you in the smokies but didnt see ya.

snowhoe
01-05-2009, 19:26
Fancyfoot I cant seem to post because everything I post gets deleted by the moderators. The moderators need to look at your post as well. L.E.D stands for light emitting diode so you can shove it. I do hike and I am a VERY good outdoorsman. I think that you are just a mean person and you have got some issues. You did not start the thread and even if you did I will still post on it and I will post on any thread.

Bulldawg
01-05-2009, 19:54
Light bulbs cause Global Warming, ask Weary, 9,000 phds say so!

Mags
01-05-2009, 19:59
I don't use lightbulbs. I wear glow-in-dark underoos for all my camping.

fancyfeet
01-05-2009, 20:26
Fancyfoot I cant seem to post because everything I post gets deleted by the moderators. The moderators need to look at your post as well. L.E.D stands for light emitting diode so you can shove it. I do hike and I am a VERY good outdoorsman. I think that you are just a mean person and you have got some issues. You did not start the thread and even if you did I will still post on it and I will post on any thread.

Praytell, what happened to my other Fancy Foot? I used to have two! I have never been deleted or moderated to the best of my knowledge. Especially not in the HUMOR forum! What the heck is up with that? And do tell what I should shove? I am happy to oblige your wishes.

Perhaps my other Fancy Foot ran off with your other Snow Shoe (snowshoe?) as you only seem to have one left as well. Oh, wait! Are you a snow shoe? I see I was reading your name wrongly. May I humbly suggest that a shovel may be a better tool for snow?

Of course I have issues! I am channelling the craziest of crazies on this site (no one in particular, just a conglomeration of wacky people, of whom I am so fond).

Post away, the more the merrier! Only now, I will theorize that "LED" stands for "Lamp, Eternally Dim".

Best Wishes,
Fancy Foot (x 2):p

Bare Bear
01-05-2009, 20:29
HOw many WB posters does it take to screw in a light bulb?
None, they screw in hot tubs mostly.

Gaiter
01-05-2009, 20:54
how many wb posters does it take to change a light bulb...
depends on who gets to it first... those who come here to talk about hiking or those who come here to argue
and if its those who come here to talk about hiking it won't take long, they have better things to do like hike

snowhoe
01-05-2009, 21:01
fancyfoot I think you lost more than a foothttp://www.whiteblaze.net/forum/images/smilies/banana.gif.http://www.whiteblaze.net/forum/images/smilies/eek.gif:welcomehttp://www.whiteblaze.net/forum/images/smilies/biggrin.gifhttp://www.whiteblaze.net/forum/images/smilies/rolleyes.gif

fancyfeet
01-05-2009, 21:21
fancyfoot I think you lost more than a foot http://www.whiteblaze.net/forum/images/smilies/banana.gif.http://www.whiteblaze.net/forum/images/smilies/eek.gif:welcomehttp://www.whiteblaze.net/forum/images/smilies/biggrin.gifhttp://www.whiteblaze.net/forum/images/smilies/rolleyes.gif

Oh no! Don't tell me...A YARD???

Fancy Foot...A few yards short of a mile

P.S. Your smilies are in distress!:eek:

jethro
01-05-2009, 22:52
^ Just a little bulb to make Fancy Feet happy. :sun

fancyfeet
01-07-2009, 00:38
Thank you, thank you, thank you!

Six-Six
01-07-2009, 21:11
Dim bulb!

Wise Old Owl
01-11-2009, 21:06
Who needs light bulbs? Light bulbs are a blight on the planet. This world would be a better place if we'd all just stop using light bulbs and get out into nature!

Just sayin...

Edison would be soooooo pissed off about what you said. In fact he's rolling in his grave right now. Go ahead, send us back to the days of making your own candles and going to bed early. In fact turn off your computer right now. It uses a CRT bulb or electricity!:D

fancyfeet
01-17-2009, 01:01
Yeah, can you imagine? You come up a brilliant invention that revolutionizes the way people live and work. And then years after you're gone, they start bitchin cuz you've convenienced them. Go figure. Human nature is odd.

:p Fancy

Feral Bill
01-17-2009, 01:16
Edison would be soooooo pissed off about what you said. In fact he's rolling in his grave right now. Go ahead, send us back to the days of making your own candles and going to bed early. In fact turn off your computer right now. It uses a CRT bulb or electricity!:D

Probably spinning in his grave, connected to a generator.

mkmangold
01-17-2009, 03:03
Q: How many Surrealistic Painters does it take to change a light bulb?

mkmangold
01-17-2009, 03:05
Its darn NOT durn !!!! :sun
It's "dang" not darn or durn.

superman
01-17-2009, 19:56
I knocked over the container with my tulip bulbs. I put them all back but I couldn't find one, so I was a bulb light.:):rolleyes:

Tinker
01-17-2009, 20:51
Don't turn on your light bulb.

What did it ever do to you?:p

superman
01-18-2009, 09:53
Don't turn on your light bulb.

What did it ever do to you?:p

Oh OK.:)

jethro
01-19-2009, 23:23
Q: How many Surrealistic Painters does it take to change a light bulb?

A: Plaid.

leeki pole
01-21-2009, 19:00
Of course, thru-hikers rarely have a chance to actually change a light bulb. Only a male can properly change one should the need arise. Male hikers are much more in tune with the proper wattage, amperage and lumen value. Sadly, female hikers, due to their genes, are not gifted with this intuitive knowledge. Therefore, when changing said incandescent or flourescent bulb, it requires a male hiker to properly perform the task.