PDA

View Full Version : Parking in Wesser by Rufus Morgan NC

Bryforce
04-19-2004, 13:42
This is my first post. I am heading out to Dick's creek and ending in Wesser near the Rufus Morgan Shelter. I should be there by EOM. Is there a good place to park my car near my ending point in Wesser? I don't want a 3 hour walk to my car after I am done with the trail yet I want my car to be safe.

:confused: Any Suggestions?

nero
04-19-2004, 14:08
The NOC is less than 2 miles from the Rufus Morgan Shelter.

-Nero

gravityman
04-19-2004, 14:20
This is my first post. I am heading out to Dick's creek and ending in Wesser near the Rufus Morgan Shelter. I should be there by EOM. Is there a good place to park my car near my ending point in Wesser? I don't want a 3 hour walk to my car after I am done with the trail yet I want my car to be safe.

NOC will let you park in their lot. Just stop at the center and ask where long term parking is. The best lot is probably right across the river from the gear store.

It is practically on the trail!

Gravity man

Uncle Wayne
04-20-2004, 01:18

Gravityman is correct. On two occasions I have left a vehicle there for a week. The AT actually crosses on the bridge across the river. Drive across the bridge, and after a short distance, bear right to cross the railroad track and you'll see the long term parking lot. Good food and hot showers available also.

Weeknd
04-20-2004, 13:12
Ditto to what Gravityman and Uncle Wayne said. I will add, don't miss the restraunt on the road side of the river. The food is excellent at the end of a weeklong or a weekend hike. This area has been my "stomp'n ground" for the last 20+ years. It's the area I go to get my AT/Smokies/NC fix. I hope you have a great time.

Jaybird
04-20-2004, 14:13
This is my first post. I am heading out to Dick's creek and ending in Wesser near the Rufus Morgan Shelter. I should be there by EOM. Is there a good place to park my car near my ending point in Wesser? I don't want a 3 hour walk to my car after I am done with the trail yet I want my car to be safe. :confused: Any Suggestions?

Ask the good folks @ N.O.C.! There's plenty o' parking there & some excess parking behind some of the workers room areas.

Great area to hike numerous trails. :D

While there...don't miss out on those "BIG WESSER BURGERS" @ RiversEnd Restuarant!

Good Luck!

Ramble~On
04-21-2004, 05:58
All of the above is true.
I live not far from NOC.
Just up the road to the right....easy hitch is "KIM'S"
KIM'S is a Coffee House and upstairs is a Cyber Cafe
Where you can drink some good coffee and post about your hike.