PDA

View Full Version : Do any of you use supplements or Glucose?

Wise Old Owl
01-06-2009, 20:13
Years ago in Cross Country & Track the boys were big on popping vitamins and Glucose. Does anyone take it on the trail?

Phreak
01-06-2009, 20:34
I use Glucosamine and Endurolytes. I don't leave home without 'em.

Egads
01-06-2009, 20:44
I agree with Phreak. The Endurolytes provide essential electrolytes. I can feel the difference at the end of the day.

JAK
01-06-2009, 21:47
Years ago in Cross Country & Track the boys were big on popping vitamins and Glucose. Does anyone take it on the trail?There is an old joke about those cross country boys, if someone said horse manure would make them run faster they would all be lining up at the stables with their knives and forks and dinner plates. Guilty.

I always take a 500g plastic bottle of honey on the trail. Very useful stuff honey. Surprisingly dense, weight and volume wise, and good for cuts and abrasions. Good in tea, and great as an extra emergency ration. What I don't use goes back on the shelf.

JAK
01-06-2009, 21:52
Its nice to get most vitamins and minierals from natural sources, within your regular diet,
but you can also get alot of flavours and vitamins and minerals directly from the woods.
Vitamin C is always good, but is supposed to be especially good to take in winter, not just for colds but for your skin also. There are several good sources of vitamin C in the woods. If you can learn to make tea from various plants you can get alot of vitamins and minerals that way, some of which we may not have rediscovered yet.

WILLIAM HAYES
01-06-2009, 22:04
I use glucosamine and endurolytes from www.hammernutrition.com (http://www.hammernutrition.com) works for me
Hillbilly

Frosty
01-06-2009, 22:45
Years ago in Cross Country & Track the boys were big on popping vitamins and Glucose. Does anyone take it on the trail?Not glucose, but I do take glucosamine.

And I do a one-a-day vitamin.

Blissful
01-06-2009, 23:09
I took a multi vitamin among other things like glucosomine, Vit C and Co Q, besides my prescriptions.

Wise Old Owl
01-07-2009, 00:02
Co Q?

Seeker
01-07-2009, 08:24
glucosamine. noticed a difference in joint lube in about 5-6 weeks. great stuff.

hopefulhiker
01-07-2009, 10:07
I took a multivitamin, a bunch of glucosamine, and a bunch of ibuprophren in 05.