PDA

View Full Version : Fishing on the A T

Skinner
01-07-2009, 12:59
Could anyone provide me with info on fishing spots along the A T? Types of fish? Types of tackel(fly, spin, bait cast). I was forced to change my trip plans. I will now be heading SOBO in early may. This will give me an extra 2 months time on the trail if I need it.

Serial 07
01-07-2009, 13:37
not sure about fishin'...but make sure you stop in the fishin' slash coffee shop in damascus...good people there...

www.trailscrossingva.com (http://www.trailscrossingva.com)

not much of a website, but they are worth the effort of calling...

peepsters
01-07-2009, 14:25
I was wondering this myself. Where would you go to get a fishing license? I have a New York State fishing license but that doesnt do all that much good.
But if you get around the license problem I would say just bring a backpacking rod and any place that looks promising cast it in.

peepsters
01-07-2009, 14:28
As for tackle, I would bring some generic lures that many types of fish would hit. Keep the tackle you carry to a minimum, the best bait you could use you would find on location anyway.

MOWGLI
01-07-2009, 14:30
Maine should have great fishing for native Brook Trout and Landlocked Salmon in the spring. I suggest a fly rod. You could pick up a license in Millinocket.

Plodderman
01-07-2009, 14:36
Fontana, around Damascus, Jefferson National Forrest, Shenandoah. here are other places down south, blue gill, bass.

GMTMinusFive
01-07-2009, 14:38
VA fishing licenses can be purchased online and you can input the dates of activation if you're buying, say, a one-week license. Probably similar or same capabilities in other states.