PDA

View Full Version : Extra shelter for the hammock people

bumpass
01-08-2009, 04:10
http://www.rei.com/outlet/product/775880
Not sure if this might be of any interest to anyone, but it is on sale now @ REI.
Cheers!;)

Ekul
01-08-2009, 10:35
3 weeks ago it was 99$ least in the Atl market. must not be selling

snowhoe
01-08-2009, 11:25
You know I have never tried a hammock. I see a lot of people using them. Did you have a hard time adjusting to sleeping in them. I dont think it would work for me here in Colorado because their arent that many place that have straight trees mostly lodge pole pines and hemlocks. I think I might try one when I come out to the Smokies in late March.

boarstone
01-08-2009, 12:01
It's polyester taffeta, not parachute silk...the poly will be weaker, not hold up as long..

CT5150
01-10-2009, 04:30
I have this same hammock, but mine is green. I bought a sil-nylon tarp separately. I love this combo for summer camping. The one listed at REI is bright blue and the tarp description seems a bit sketchy.

Oms
01-17-2009, 10:06
Is it a little short at 8'?

Ashman
01-18-2009, 16:08
You know I have never tried a hammock. I see a lot of people using them. Did you have a hard time adjusting to sleeping in them. I dont think it would work for me here in Colorado because their arent that many place that have straight trees mostly lodge pole pines and hemlocks. I think I might try one when I come out to the Smokies in late March.

Easier to adjust to sleeping in a hammock than adjusting to the rocks and roots under your sleeping pad. Just my .02 worth

OutdoorsMan
01-18-2009, 17:17
I have been interested in Hammocks for awhile now. The REI site says that it is rated to 400 lbs and the Campmor site says 250#. I am 240lbs, 6'3". Would this Hammock be adequate for my size?

brancher
01-18-2009, 18:05
I have been interested in Hammocks for awhile now. The REI site says that it is rated to 400 lbs and the Campmor site says 250#. I am 240lbs, 6'3". Would this Hammock be adequate for my size?

I looked it up. It's 400 lbs. I bought one - at $69.00 for the hammock and tarp, I think it's a steal. I'll let you guys know this spring.

Tinker
01-18-2009, 18:09
Easier to adjust to sleeping in a hammock than adjusting to the rocks and roots under your sleeping pad. Just my .02 worth

Interesting story: A few years ago when I bought my Hennessy UL backpacker I went on a weekend camp-out with my church. My pastor said he didn't really like hammocks, but I insisted that he try mine. He was asleep in 10 min. - no exaggeration - slept for over an hour, woke embarrassed. :D. They're not for everyone, but, properly set up, many people find them more comfortable than the softest pad. They are also much cooler in the summer as the air passes underneath you as opposed to having that nice, warm foam under you at 85 degrees with 95% humidity.

1azarus
01-18-2009, 19:56
I looked it up. It's 400 lbs. I bought one - at $69.00 for the hammock and tarp, I think it's a steal. I'll let you guys know this spring.
be careful... the skeeter beater is 6" shorter and is rated for less weight than the skeeter beater pro. really. i prefer the shorter length because it is a bit lighter, but i'm short! i think you need the skeeter beater pro or another hammock. i think the skeeter beater is about the shortest hammock commercially available.