PDA

View Full Version : What replaces the Gossamer Jacket

theinfamousj
01-08-2009, 21:35
By happy accident, I bought a women's REI Gossamer Jacket back when they looked like the jacked pictured in this article (http://www.wta.org/magazine/1213.pdf).

For the link averse, it shows sewn-in sleeves and a hood.

I loved that jacket so much and brought it with me everywhere, but then one day after teaching class, I reached the back of my chair to pick up my jacket and it was gone. I can only hope that whatever student felt the need to steal my jacket, needed it more than me.

That said, when I went to REI, the hood was gone and the sleeves were detachable, both of which were (in my opinion) negatives. So I didn't buy a replacement and wanted to wait until the next year.

Well, I've waited. And waited. And now the Gossamer Jackets are completely gone.

Is there another jacket that I can purchase that is as light and compressible as the original, while also sporting attached sleeves and a hood?

Rcarver
01-08-2009, 21:47
Try the Mountain Hardwear hooded compressor.

Lyle
01-08-2009, 23:37
I agree, REI had a great jacket there, don't understand why they discontinued it. I've sent several people there to buy one until I realized they didn't make them any more. Glad I have one, but sorry I won't be able to replace it.

Lyle
01-08-2009, 23:39
Try the Mountain Hardwear hooded compressor.

Might be a nice jacket, but the price is ridiculous. The Gossamer was about $80.