PDA

View Full Version : Greenwall Shelter

Former Admin
10-19-2002, 09:54
Info, questions, comments, experiences (good or bad) regarding - Greenwall Shelter

Past/Present hikers - what can future hikers expect here? Have any good stories or memories from here?

Future hikers - any questions?

refreeman
06-30-2007, 00:09
I am planning my next section hike. I can’t find any current information on one of my stops, Greenwall Shelter.

What does this shelter look like? Does anyone have a picture of this shelter?

Does anyone know if Greenwall Shelter is still there? Why is there no current information around?

Thank you for any help.

Kaptain Kangaroo
06-30-2007, 16:59
Well, Greenwall shelter was there when I hiked last year. It's about 1.5 miles north of White Rocks Cliffs & is about 0.3m off the trail. Water source is a stream that crosses the blue blaze to the shelter.
I thought it was a nice place, although that may have been because we finally saw some sun after about 5 days of rain !!

I also liked it because the sign to the privy said "Dunny", & being an Aussie I thought that was pretty cool !

Enjoy your hike.

Cheers,

Kaptain Kangaroo

pseudohike
06-30-2007, 21:41
I was just here a few days ago. The water source was running extremely low and may be dry by now, so I wouldn't consider it to be very dependable around this time of year. There is a very reliable brook about 0.9 miles north of the shelter's side trail.

The shelter itself is small but in reasonable shape, and there's ample room for setting up a tent, hammock, etc.

dsquid
06-29-2011, 19:48
Stayed at Greenwall a couple of nights ago. The shelter was close to being full, so our party of 3 tented out back. Newish privy (although a non-composting variety) and the water was running strong and clean. Loads of deadfall for fires.

Cosmo
08-18-2013, 13:52
Aug 2013. Stopped in for a break from the rain. Well off (and down) from the trail. Nearby tenting area. Water was in spring upstream from the bridge--not downstream as indicated on the map in the shelter.

Cosmo