PDA

View Full Version : New to white blaze.....:)

nikster78
01-11-2009, 16:16
Hello all,
Ive been surfing around on the forums for about 2 months now figured its time for an introduction. Its been a few years since my last backpacking extravaganza, however due to a divorce and desire to get back to the simplistic way of life ive opted to take a walk in the woods. My brother and i have plans to leave K around the first week of July. Just looking to network with you folks, get some pointers and perhaps we will meet on the trail. My last backpacking was done in northern new mexico..however not limited to that. Im an eagle scout and have always loved being in the outdoors. Life just took me in a different direction now im ready and able to get back on the trail. Not a big planner more of a wonderer and who knows where this journey will take me. I only know that a date has been set...and an expierience awaits.
Peace to all,
Nikster

Phreak
01-11-2009, 16:17
Welcome to WB :welcome

Tin Man
01-11-2009, 16:20
Cool. Welcome to WB. You are correct in not over-planning. Check the articles section on the left column of the home page. Re-supply information is top notch, no need for mail drops, but a bounce box can come in handy.

Don't be shy with questions, lots of people here will help. Ignore the occasional negative comment and just have fun.

Marta
01-11-2009, 22:42
Good luck with your journey. SOBO Pride!