PDA

View Full Version : What are pink blazes?

Brett
01-11-2009, 18:35
Heard something about them but figured id get the best answer from yall!

ChinMusic
01-11-2009, 18:37
The root of all evil.......:cool:

Egads
01-11-2009, 18:38
The most fun a man can have...also the most trouble a man can have

Rain Man
01-11-2009, 18:45
Well, it's NOT the root of all evil. The Bible says the love of money is the root of all evil.

But Egads is closer to the truth ... it's when some hormonal male hiker chases, stalks, seeks, hangs with, fixates on, and/or adjusts his hiking schedule to match some feminine hiking object of his "affections," whether reciprocated or not.

Rain:sunMan

Tin Man
01-11-2009, 18:51
In other words, don't do it unless the feeling is mutual. Then ask yourself are you being taken advantage of. :)

Serial 07
01-11-2009, 18:58
good advice tin man...the guy to girl ratio isn't in your favor there brett...lotsa dudes, 4 chicks...how would you handle yourself if the roles were reversed? you'd be having fun...so will she...

Brett
01-11-2009, 19:14
... it's when some hormonal male hiker chases, stalks, seeks, hangs with, fixates on, and/or adjusts his hiking schedule to match some feminine hiking object....

wow that sounds kinda creepy! if it wasnt mutual i mean.

wcgornto
01-11-2009, 19:28

Yeah, I've read in a couple of AT books about instances where a woman had to adjust her schedule, leave the trail, or pretend to leave the trail to get away from individuals offering persistent, unwanted attention.

RiverWarriorPJ
01-11-2009, 19:33
thought it was a LESBIAN only trail .. :rolleyes:..

Dogwood
01-11-2009, 19:43

U mean U don't know? Keep thinking about it U will eventually get it. The answer is in your male genes. I feel like a father having that first father and son talk. LOL.

weary
01-11-2009, 19:45
The most fun a man can have...also the most trouble a man can have
Right. Some of both. Unless you are lucky, as many are. Given the respective chances, I say gamble.

RiverWarriorPJ
01-11-2009, 19:48
oooooopz......that's a rainbow blaze....sry....:(..

weary
01-11-2009, 19:48
You never know for sure. Most just trust to luck. But when it becomes obvious, one way or the other, wise adjust.

Brett
01-11-2009, 19:52

and they are all blonde, busty, and have beer, pizza, and hot wings right???

Chaco Taco
01-11-2009, 20:14
In Pennsylvania north of Duncannon they have the Whitetail Trail that you cross and its marked with Pink Blazes:D

Skidsteer
01-11-2009, 20:15
and they are all blonde, busty, and have beer, pizza, and hot wings right???

Sure. And they love guys named Brett.

saimyoji
01-11-2009, 20:22
http://www.whiteblaze.net/forum/showthread.php?t=17689&highlight=pink+blaze

saimyoji
01-11-2009, 20:23
Sure. And they love guys named Brett.

Don't you mean "Check out the big brain on Bret."

Brett
01-11-2009, 20:26
Don't you mean "Check out the big brain on Bret."

because of the metric system?

rcli4
01-11-2009, 20:28
When I hiked the Long trail there was a AT thru hiker named valley girl. 6'2" dude. He said guys would read his entries and hike long miles to catch him only to find out it was a guy.

Clyde

Egads
01-11-2009, 20:30
When I hiked the Long trail there was a AT thru hiker named valley girl. 6'2" dude. He said guys would read his entries and hike long miles to catch him only to find out it was a guy.

Clyde

That's funny :D LMAO

Tin Man
01-11-2009, 20:32

Clyde

good thing he was 6'2"... just saying

Brett
01-11-2009, 20:41

Clyde

haha! reminds me of my days workin overseas when i was in Singapore... All the idiots from the ship wanted to go pick up some workin girls...only to find out most of em were called "ladyboys" LOL

Red Hat
01-11-2009, 20:58

Clyde Now realize that I am up in age and no longer in my prime.... Some folks read my entries and thought I signed "Red HOT" and wanted to find me... Imagine their surprise when I turned out to be "Red HAT". I'm no guy, but I'm a pretty old woman... LOL!

saimyoji
01-11-2009, 21:00
because of the metric system?

what?

KG4FAM
01-11-2009, 21:04
what?
do they speak english in what?

Brett
01-11-2009, 21:06
what?

Im sorry...i thought you were making a quote from Pulp Fiction...lol you nailed it word for word...i just answered with the line right before "check out the big brain on Bret"

Brett
01-11-2009, 21:12
do they speak english in what?

opps...guess yall did catch on and i failed to follow through!

The whole idea behind this thru hike for me is to "walk the earth, like Cain from Kung Fu"

saimyoji
01-11-2009, 21:21
opps...guess yall did catch on and i failed to follow through!

The whole idea behind this thru hike for me is to "walk the earth, like Cain from Kung Fu"

They got a word for 'em, they're called bums. And without a job, residence, or legal
tender, that's what you're gonna be -- a ****in' bum!

KG4FAM
01-11-2009, 21:22
So you decided to be a bum.

Serial 07
01-11-2009, 21:22
they look like a couple of dorks...

man, i love that movie, but there are very few great quotes that are WB appropriate...

Jeff
01-11-2009, 21:24
A few female hikers have been known to say "The odds are good, but the goods are odd":)

Rockhound
01-11-2009, 22:06
OK we all know pink blazing is a man trying to catch or keep up with a woman who catches his fancy. What do they call it when a woman tries to catch or keep up with a man they like? Also, has this ever happened?

Rockhound
01-11-2009, 22:08
Now realize that I am up in age and no longer in my prime.... Some folks read my entries and thought I signed "Red HOT" and wanted to find me... Imagine their surprise when I turned out to be "Red HAT". I'm no guy, but I'm a pretty old woman... LOL!
Dont be so tough on yourself Red Hat. You're still the cat's meow and you know it.

TOW
01-11-2009, 22:08
That's what I am...........:banana

Tin Man
01-11-2009, 22:16
OK we all know pink blazing is a man trying to catch or keep up with a woman who catches his fancy. What do they call it when a woman tries to catch or keep up with a man they like? Also, has this ever happened?

ball blazer and yes it happens :o

Rockhound
01-11-2009, 22:27
Wish it would happen to me.

Tin Man
01-11-2009, 22:31

just act smart and tough, the chicks dig that

Brett
01-11-2009, 22:33
A few female hikers have been known to say "The odds are good, but the goods are odd":)

EeeK! hope that doesnt relate back to my ladyboy reference lol. Im sure things are no different than out at a bar. Some are lookin, some aint, some are pretty, some are pretty easy! If i was REALLY concerned with that kinda stuff i wouldnt be leaving in the first place. But its definately interesting learning about all the details of AT!

TOW
01-11-2009, 22:33
I am not braggin here but I had a hot little hiker babe come onto me on the trail up near Waynesboro that I had hiked with for a week back in '01.

Of course it might have had something to do with my outstanding looks and personality? Just sayin.....

But in all actuality I think it was the fact that I was packing some good moonshine and the night it happened her and I were sitting around a big ole campfire deep in the woods and we each had sipped about a quart of the stuff.

Then it happened about two days later before she left the trail to go back home and we were both sober.

That was one of the best experiences I had ever had on the trail!

Brett
01-11-2009, 22:34

wish in one hand and ***** in the other! See which fills up quicker!!

Rockhound
01-11-2009, 22:38
just act smart and tough, the chicks dig that
I've heard from another hiker, who shall remain nameless, that commenting on a womans' wide, child bearing hips and explaining why women should not hike long distances works like a charm. Last I heard he hooked up with a gal, so it must be true.

Tin Man
01-11-2009, 22:44
I am not braggin here but I had a hot little hiker babe come onto me on the trail up near Waynesboro that I had hiked with for a week back in '01.

Of course it might have had something to do with my outstanding looks and personality? Just sayin.....

But in all actuality I think it was the fact that I was packing some good moonshine and the night it happened her and I were sitting around a big ole campfire deep in the woods and we each had sipped about a quart of the stuff.

Then it happened about two days later before she left the trail to go back home and we were both sober.

That was one of the best experiences I had ever had on the trail!

You da man!

Brett
01-11-2009, 22:44
I've heard from another hiker, who shall remain nameless, that commenting on a womans' wide, child bearing hips and explaining why women should not hike long distances works like a charm. Last I heard he hooked up with a gal, so it must be true.

maybe thats why your wishing so much :D

Id take someone elses advice!

TOW
01-11-2009, 22:57
You da man!
yeah, i been a legend in my own mind ever since!........:banana

George
01-11-2009, 23:00
I was told B Jack worked up register entries as a lonely hiker chick and had many guys pink blazing after him and then sprung the trap, it may only be a tail but it is a great one

Cool AT Breeze
01-11-2009, 23:02
When you finaly hook up it's called "Trail Tail".

sticks&stones
01-11-2009, 23:06
A true story come's to mind in regards to pink blazeing. Many years ago a male hiker named mouse got obsessed over a female hiker named wildflower. Described to me as a very strange guy, mouse after getting the cold shoulder from wildflower, hiked ahead. He left some disturbing register entries behind for her to read, and drew "mouse loves wildflower" somewhere on the wall of every shelter on the southern half of the trail, which if you look you can still pick them out quite easily, sometimes written, sometimes drawn, small but definite.
My source pointed them out to me, and also said when wildflower got the authority's involved they could only charge the man with vandalism, which I was told they did. So look for those next time your at a shelter.

Ron Haven
01-11-2009, 23:19
A true story come's to mind in regards to pink blazeing. Many years ago a male hiker named mouse got obsessed over a female hiker named wildflower. Described to me as a very strange guy, mouse after getting the cold shoulder from wildflower, hiked ahead. He left some disturbing register entries behind for her to read, and drew "mouse loves wildflower" somewhere on the wall of every shelter on the southern half of the trail, which if you look you can still pick them out quite easily, sometimes written, sometimes drawn, small but definite.
My source pointed them out to me, and also said when wildflower got the authority's involved they could only charge the man with vandalism, which I was told they did. So look for those next time your at a shelter.I don't know but I remember Wildflower coming to Budget Inn this year.

Hooch
01-11-2009, 23:21
Pink Blazing is the attempt at gettin' some poontang. It may be done by either male or female hikers, depending on sexual orientation or lack thereof.

Captain
01-11-2009, 23:44
Pink Blazing is the attempt at gettin' some poontang. It may be done by either male or female hikers, depending on sexual orientation or lack thereof.

"depending on sexual orientation or lack thereof"

.....i.....

.................................................. ...................

.........lack?....................eh...........how ?..... no no WHO....or who NOT it......just.......................

A-Train
01-11-2009, 23:57
Yeah it can be really degrading and shallow having all those hiker women following you up the trail when all you when to do is be one with nature. When will they learn? :)

Mal the Elder
01-12-2009, 02:07
... Imagine their surprise when I turned out to be "Red HAT". I'm no guy, but I'm a pretty old woman... LOL!
TH, my sister's 64 and pretty hot still---with no artificial enhancements! I don't know you, but don't sell yourself short.

Mal

Dogwood
01-12-2009, 02:31
I'm going to make a prediction. The moderators will have to close down this thread shortly because it will become about 15 pages long by mid week and 99 % of the posts will be by horny hiker type males cooped up behind their computers during winter.

Where have all the horny hiker type women gone?

snaplok
01-12-2009, 03:45
Even though this thread is funny as sh$t, I can see it being really creepy at the same time. Out in the woods, alone, or nearly alone, and stalked by some overly amorous unwanted attention from a grizzled looking man could really freak someone out. That's how a lot of horror movies start. Mace anyone?:-?

Captain
01-12-2009, 04:01
"bubba j why dont you tell us about the first time you saw your wife, aw alright.....there she was..............more?"

Captain
01-12-2009, 04:01
"then i saw her smile....what a tooth"

TOW
01-12-2009, 09:02
Yeah it can be really degrading and shallow having all those hiker women following you up the trail when all you when to do is be one with nature. When will they learn? :)
And I bet it is really embarrasing when they if theose women want to get into the "pink, err brown" part of you too.........:D

Two Speed
01-12-2009, 09:23
. . . Where have all the horny hiker type women gone?That, my friend, always is the $64,000 question.

sheepdog
01-12-2009, 09:24
alone, or nearly alone, and stalked by some overly amorous unwanted attention from a grizzled looking man could really freak someone out. That's how a lot of horror movies start. Mace anyone?:-?
or a prison movie...:eek:

general
01-12-2009, 12:06
pink blazes are in the bushes

Wonder
01-12-2009, 12:58
I'm going to make a prediction. The moderators will have to close down this thread shortly because it will become about 15 pages long by mid week and 99 % of the posts will be by horny hiker type males cooped up behind their computers during winter.

Where have all the horny hiker type women gone?

We all hooked up with the non-pink blazing hiker dudes;)

Dogwood
01-12-2009, 14:46
"then i saw her smile....what a tooth"

That's some funny *****!!!

Rain Man
01-12-2009, 14:48
Now realize that I am up in age and no longer in my prime.... Some folks read my entries and thought I signed "Red HOT" and wanted to find me... Imagine their surprise when I turned out to be "Red HAT". I'm no guy, but I'm a pretty old woman... LOL!

I had the pleasure of hiking with red hot Red Hat in the GSMNP back in April '05! She says she's "a pretty old woman." Maybe "a pretty, old woman"?! Or, just leave out the "old." :)

Red hot Red Hat in the Smokies in 05. (http://whiteblaze.net/forum/vbg/showimage.php?i=6762&catid=member&imageuser=1293)

Gray Blazer
01-12-2009, 14:51
I had the pleasure of hiking with red hot Red Hat in the GSMNP back in April '05! She says she's "a pretty old woman." Maybe "a pretty, old woman"?! Or, just leave out the "old." :)

Red hot Red Hat in the Smokies in 05. (http://whiteblaze.net/forum/vbg/showimage.php?i=6762&catid=member&imageuser=1293)

She looks pretty hot to this old geezer.

Sly
01-12-2009, 17:43
I don't know but I remember Wildflower coming to Budget Inn this year.

May be a different Wildflower. There's one that hiked the AT a few years back and the CDT in '07 We'll be playing her DVD at the SoRuck. She's a good friend.

mindi
01-12-2009, 21:54
I think I still have a pink blaze stuck to my tent...

Tin Man
01-12-2009, 22:10
I think I still have a pink blaze stuck to my tent...

better luck next time :eek:

Red Hat
01-13-2009, 16:17
Rain Man and Gray Blazer, you two made my day! Thanks... I love the photo, but it was taken before I changed out to an Osprey Atmos. Once I got rid of the Golite, I didn't need the front "fanny" pack. By the way, I like the new name, Red Hot Red Hat... lol!

OldStormcrow
01-14-2009, 09:48
My source pointed them out to me, and also said when wildflower got the authority's involved they could only charge the man with vandalism, which I was told they did. So look for those next time your at a shelter.

I remember reading those trail register entries. I was hiking about a day behind this "Mouse" guy for a while. He wrote his "Mouse loves Wildflower" message on shelters, trail signs, rocks, etc. all around the North Carolina/Tennessee section.

cindellasaurus
01-06-2010, 18:14
I remember reading those trail register entries. I was hiking about a day behind this "Mouse" guy for a while. He wrote his "Mouse loves Wildflower" message on shelters, trail signs, rocks, etc. all around the North Carolina/Tennessee section.

That's a little bit creepy. I mean, I can understand being taken with someone and maybe being a little bit put off by them saying they're not interested, but you've got to get over it. It's just scary when someone studdenly insists that they love you and leave it written everywhere.. maybe too much time alone for some people doesnt do them good, or maybe they just weren't too well off before hand...

warraghiyagey
01-06-2010, 18:17
That's a little bit creepy. ...
Agreed. . . . .

v5planet
01-06-2010, 18:40
We all hooked up with the non-pink blazing hiker dudes;)

I think this is precisely it. Imagine how successful a guy would be were he to relentlessly pursue a completely uninterested girl back in civilization, following her everywhere. Now imagine the setting isn't back in town with locking doors and police a phone call away (or at the very least, the threat thereof) -- just trees in the day and in the darkest of nights. Pro'ly makes the regular guys seem that much more sane and personable.

warraghiyagey
01-06-2010, 18:43
I think this is precisely it. Imagine how successful a guy would be were he to relentlessly pursue a completely uninterested girl back in civilization, following her everywhere. Now imagine the setting isn't back in town with locking doors and police a phone call away (or at the very least, the threat thereof) -- just trees in the day and in the darkest of nights. Pro'ly makes the regular guys seem that much more sane and personable.
The regular guys have a way of helping weed out these douchebags on the trail as well. . . our sisters deserve to hike without fear of these creeps. . . . straight up. . .

sheepdog
01-07-2010, 10:31
The regular guys have a way of helping weed out these douchebags on the trail as well. . . our sisters deserve to hike without fear of these creeps. . . . straight up. . .
They call wargy the gardener

warraghiyagey
01-07-2010, 11:45
They call wargy the gardener
http://www.freesmileys.org/smileys/smiley-fc/wootrock.gif (http://www.freesmileys.org/smileys.php)http://www.freesmileys.org/smileys/smiley-fc/wootrock.gif (http://www.freesmileys.org/smileys.php)http://www.freesmileys.org/smileys/smiley-fc/wootrock.gif (http://www.freesmileys.org/smileys.php)

Serial 07
01-07-2010, 13:03
funny how this thread is in "general" while matty's report of tiger and lwolf hiking TOGETHER in march is in humor...it's all over fox news...

Nean
01-07-2010, 13:04
I prefer hiking with women, if they are good people and good hikers.:eek:
So, I guess I qualify?:o

Guys should ask if a lady minds hiking with them.;)

Anything less than a -direct- ok :-?
is the difference between a pink blazer:jump
and a stalker.:(