PDA

View Full Version : Checking back in

dessertrat
01-12-2009, 16:01
Maybe I should have put this in the dog thread--

I haven't been on Whiteblaze in a while, I have been busy. I went on a hike in Northern Virginia in November, and to make a long story short, I found a puppy near Dick's Dome shelter, and ended up keeping him. Ran into the Cadillac Crew)trail maintenance volunteers) that weekend too, and they are nice folks. I plan on joining up with them for trail maintenance when they start back up this spring.

The puppy is some sort of Dachshund mix, maybe some spaniel or retriever in there too (he has webbed feet too). The best photos of him were taken by Richard and Sybille Stromberg of the Cadillac Crew, at the following link.

We are waiting for another couple of months of growing time, whereupon we will be doing day or maybe weekend trips and figuring out how much mileage little Bark O'Bama can do in a day. (He is now about 16 pounds-- he was about 8 pounds when the photos were taken).

http://risy.smugmug.com/gallery/6507805_piD93#417638763_mtCCh

Phreak
01-12-2009, 16:09
Cute pooch!

Sly
01-12-2009, 16:17
Yeah, nice dog. Like the name.

buckwheat
01-12-2009, 18:16
Dude,

That dog is off the cute scale. I can see why you couldn't not take him home with you. Make him earn his keep by taking him to the park often, introducing him to the pretty girls.

mudhead
01-12-2009, 18:43
Dude,

That dog is off the cute scale. I can see why you couldn't not take him home with you. Make him earn his keep by taking him to the park often, introducing him to the pretty girls.

I think Barkmaster met the pretty girl already.

Mr HaHa
01-12-2009, 20:14
I commend you for taking him in. I bet you will be rewarded many times over.

peanuts
01-12-2009, 20:17
cute puppy........but the name is horrendous:eek::D

Homer&Marje
01-12-2009, 20:53
I disagree. Like the name. Definitely cute. But they all are at some point, at some point there's the wanton desire to strangle them:D

Please refrain from that :D

TrippinBTM
01-12-2009, 21:51
I'm seriously laughing out loud over here. Bark Obama! You're killin' me!

(cute dog, tho, seriously. Looks straight Dauschund to me, but it's hard to tell with puppies. Actually kinda reminds me (the face, anyways) of my puppy, a cocker spaniel/border collie mix).

dessertrat
01-13-2009, 10:23
I'm seriously laughing out loud over here. Bark Obama! You're killin' me!

(cute dog, tho, seriously. Looks straight Dauschund to me, but it's hard to tell with puppies. Actually kinda reminds me (the face, anyways) of my puppy, a cocker spaniel/border collie mix).

Thanks everyone. I have put him next to some real dachshunds, and he is definitely not all dachshund. He is not long enough or short enough, and his face is too broad. Not to mention the big webbed feet, which I have never seen on a wiener dog. I think there is some sort of spaniel too. I will probably get the DNA test from Petsmart, but haven't gotten around to it yet.

It doesn't matter who I voted for-- it was just after the election, and the pun appealed to me. We just call him Bark for short.